Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016 Recruiting List

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
    1st Team All Conference player as a redshirt freshman! Please just admit that I was right about Van Ginkel and Snyder and I'd gladly move on. And yes it was a coach who said Van Ginkel didn't have a position and Snyder was too slow. Might still be playing now with two more difference makes on the field, but what do I know.
    I think you missed the point of contention. You made a LOT of noise about how wrong some of the recruiting decisions were in the inexact science of recruiting high school athletes. Other posters responded to your angry posts -- had little or nothing to do with Van Ginkel or Snyder.

You offer to move on if someone admits you were right. I suggest you take that up with the coaches responsible for recruiting NW Iowa.

The subject of this thread is 2016 recruiting, let's keep it on point.
    Last edited by JackJD; 12-27-2015, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Bulldog: this is a warning. No personal attacks.

Comment

1st Team All Conference player as a redshirt freshman! Please just admit that I was right about Van Ginkel and Snyder and I'd gladly move on. And yes it was a coach who said Van Ginkel didn't have a position and Snyder was too slow. Might still be playing now with two more difference makes on the field, but what do I know.
        The Van Ginkel and Snyder thread is here, I believe.

Van Ginkel and Snyder
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
          The Van Ginkel and Snyder thread is here, I believe.

Van Ginkel and Snyder
          Boy, I was hoping that link was going to lead to the USD message board. Or some other internet abyss.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
            Boy, I was hoping that link was going to lead to the USD message board. Or some other internet abyss.
            MoodyFilbert is in GoodMood. Would be in better mood if Jacks could hit their darn free throws.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Monte McGary, WR w/ an offer out of Nebraska (this was awhile ago but I don't see it Gopherhole's list). McGary just picked up an offer from USD.
              https://rivals.yahoo.com/mosports/fo...-McGary-171863

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                Monte McGary, WR w/ an offer out of Nebraska (this was awhile ago but I don't see it Gopherhole's list). McGary just picked up an offer from USD.
                I'd think it would be pretty unlikely that we'd bring in 4 WRs on scholarship in the same class unless one of the players is changing positions. Interesting to see if this offer is still standing.
                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

I think the coaching staff missed on these two guys but you will always miss on some. I don't know if Snyder would of came to SDSU anyway but you never know. We can probably list several players every year that they miss on. Sometimes fans see players that the coaching stuff doesn't and all you can do is hope that they will look at them. A appreciate it that you let a coach know about some players and I hope that you continue to(I don't know about the coaches). You would think that the coaches see these players but some might slip through the cracks.

As far a Snyder being too slow, here is a quote from Stig earlier,

SDSU head coach John Stiegelmeier says he doesn’t put too much emphasis on speed.
                  “That will sound weird,” he said. “What we talk about is: Does the guy love to play football? Does he play every down at full speed? I’ve seen guys who can run fast not be good football players.”

This makes it sound like speed isn't that big of a deal but I guess it's on who you talk to.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                    I'd think it would be pretty unlikely that we'd bring in 4 WRs on scholarship in the same class unless one of the players is changing positions. Interesting to see if this offer is still standing.
                    I don't know if they will bring in 4 WR's or not but I think it could be a possibility. We have 4 seniors this year that moved on so if you could bring in a juco, play one and redshirt three or do something like that it is a possibility. If you bring in 4, you will have the same number of WR's next year that you had this year.

Comment

One thing that the coaches know that we currently don't are if any players on the current roster will not be returning. This usually doesn't become public until after classes start up again, but would be a factor in which positions are being emphasized by the coaching staff in recruiting.

Comment

Kyeler Burke, Athlete from AZ will be visiting the Jacks.

https://t.co/Iif8YFKbmP (pay site so you may not be able to read the entire article)

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                          McGary verballed to SDSU today.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                            McGary verballed to SDSU today.
                            And now we have our bigger receiver.
                            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3577764/...s/285904428/v2

looks like he can play WR or CB
                              Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Josh Manchigiah is competing in the semper Fidelis all-american bowl today. He is in pretty good company there.
                                "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Working...
                                X