X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016 Recruiting List

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    From Jimmy Rogers.
    @SDSURogers3: Huge Get for the Rabbits tonight !!!Excited about this one... Welcome to the family!

From Dan Jackson.
    @Dan_Jackson5: Awesome weekend for the Jacks! Huge win for our program yesterday and we just added a special young man to our family! #NebraskaJACKS

According to Jacob Matthew Twitter account:
    Millard North - Class of 2016 - SDSU Commit

https://rivals.yahoo.com/dlb/footbal...Matthew-159723
    Had offers from some top MVFC programs.

Confirmed: @Sean_Callahan: Congrats to Millard North LB/DE Jacob Matthew for committing to South Dakota State night. Great pick up for the Jacks. @jacob__matthew
    Watching this kid's hudl tape, you can just see his strength. At FB, he runs over kids with the ball. He has great speed for a linebacker and is a hitter. Great get by the coaching staff! Coach Jackson continues his tear in NE!
    "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
      Watching this kid's hudl tape, you can just see his strength. At FB, he runs over kids with the ball. He has great speed for a linebacker and is a hitter. Great get by the coaching staff! Coach Jackson continues his tear in NE!
      Here is a link to Jacob's Hudl page.

Kid is a freight train. Interesting if he'll end up at DE or MLB. Has the size and speed to play either.
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

Yes a real freight train. I suspect he is a defense recruit. Love to see some running fullback plays. NDSU has some with No. 46 hurdling over tacklers for extra yardage. This guy would be our man if we were to go that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          Yes a real freight train. I suspect he is a defense recruit. Love to see some running fullback plays. NDSU has some with No. 46 hurdling over tacklers for extra yardage. This guy would be our man if we were to go that way.
          I actually watched him player earlier this season. Powerful young man. I think he projects to be an inside backer. Great offer list. Oh by the way, Van Ginkel selected Defensive Player of the Week.

Comment

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
            I actually watched him player earlier this season. Powerful young man. I think he projects to be an inside backer. Great offer list. Oh by the way, Van Ginkel selected Defensive Player of the Week.
            good for Van Ginkel. Oh by the way we beat the #2 team in the country. I would rather have the latter of the two.

Comment

We've had an outstanding year so far out of Nebraska! There were a few early targets that blew up and went big time, but we've really done well locking up the next level of recruits from the Husker state. Jacob Matthew has been at the top of my list for recruits that we had a legit shot at getting. I thought for sure he was going to Ohio.

That being said, signing day is still 3 months away and recruits can change their mind. Case in point - we recruited Phoenix area QB Daniel Bridge-Gadd hard. He committed to New Mexico State over a month ago. Recently, Washington came with a late offer and he jumped ship.

Recruiting is fickle. Kids change their minds last minute, some don't pan out, and some Van Ginkel's prove that the staff can overlook talent in our own back yard. I still love how this class is developing!

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                We've had an outstanding year so far out of Nebraska! There were a few early targets that blew up and went big time, but we've really done well locking up the next level of recruits from the Husker state. Jacob Matthew has been at the top of my list for recruits that we had a legit shot at getting. I thought for sure he was going to Ohio.

That being said, signing day is still 3 months away and recruits can change their mind. Case in point - we recruited Phoenix area QB Daniel Bridge-Gadd hard. He committed to New Mexico State over a month ago. Recently, Washington came with a late offer and he jumped ship.

Recruiting is fickle. Kids change their minds last minute, some don't pan out, and some Van Ginkel's prove that the staff can overlook talent in our own back yard. I still love how this class is developing!
                In all honesty, Bulldog's constant discussion of players we don't have such as Van Ginkel annoys me to tears. Would I love to have the kid on our team, absolutely. But we don't have him on our team, oh well, how many players have USD missed on? The U of M missed on ZZ and Jake Wieneke. It is the way it works, and you have the kids you have and go with it. We have hit far more than we have missed, and for that I will always support our coaches.
                Example, my cousin is Brock Swartos, RB/LB for Sioux Valley, he had a very good year. The last time I checked SDSU is not recruiting him. As much as I would like them to, I am going to trust the coaches to determine who is the best fit for the program at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
                  Who is this Van Ginkel you speak of?

You do know that we won't win every recruiting battle? You also must know that we won't be recruiting every kid that may end up being a very good player at USD? I'm pretty happy with the trajectory of our program. I will take what has happened in Brookings over USD any day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                    From Jimmy Rogers.
                    @SDSURogers3: Huge Get for the Rabbits tonight !!!Excited about this one... Welcome to the family!

From Dan Jackson.
                    @Dan_Jackson5: Awesome weekend for the Jacks! Huge win for our program yesterday and we just added a special young man to our family! #NebraskaJACKS

According to Jacob Matthew Twitter account:
                    Millard North - Class of 2016 - SDSU Commit

https://rivals.yahoo.com/dlb/footbal...Matthew-159723
                    Had offers from some top MVFC programs.

Confirmed: @Sean_Callahan: Congrats to Millard North LB/DE Jacob Matthew for committing to South Dakota State night. Great pick up for the Jacks. @jacob__matthew
                    Looks to have some real speed.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                      Who is this Van Ginkel you speak of?

You do know that we won't win every recruiting battle? You also must know that we won't be recruiting every kid that may end up being a very good player at USD? I'm pretty happy with the trajectory of our program. I will take what has happened in Brookings over USD any day of the week.
                      Shame on you! You don't know who Van Ginkel is. Wait till Saturday. He will be racking up sack after sack. He was not good enough to be a Jack so one of our staff told Bulldog.

Comment

And if you don't know Bulldog, he is a former Jackrabbit (player I believe), but he now coaches in NW Iowa. Bulldog believes the coaches are missing on talent in NW Iowa. We didn't offer a scholarship to a kid that walked on at Iowa who now starts and we didn't offer to Van Ginkel (who stars at USD) and I think there was another kid too. Does that describe the circumstances with Bulldog for those who have missed this two year saga? Oh also, he gets annoyed by Nidaros's comments about the Dutch.
                        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Shame on you! You don't know who Van Ginkel is. Wait till Saturday. He will be racking up sack after sack. He was not good enough to be a Jack so one of our staff told Bulldog.
                          I know who he is, I looked back through the thread and was just jabbing at Bulldog. I just would like some folks to not get so angry about recruiting. We miss some, we hit some out of the park. We have had some success in NW Iowa over the years. I recall a big one from the D2 days from Cherokee.

Comment

Article by Hero Sports about the Jackrabbits' recruiting class and the signing of Jacob Matthew:

http://herosports.com/collegefootbal...n=FCSFootball#
                            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                            - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                              I know who he is, I looked back through the thread and was just jabbing at Bulldog. I just would like some folks to not get so angry about recruiting. We miss some, we hit some out of the park. We have had some success in NW Iowa over the years. I recall a big one from the D2 days from Cherokee.
                              You were not around to see Larry "Bud" Korver from Orange City play. He was a good one, would be in his early 80's. A super guy,.who did his practice teaching at Brookings High.

Comment

You were not around to see Larry "Bud" Korver from Orange City play. He was a good one, would be in his early 80's. A super guy,.who did his practice teaching at Brookings High.
                                One time I saw larry "bud" melman in sac city ia. That's nw ia same town where reed tellinghusen is from. Had something to do with popcorn chicken from long johm silvers I think.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X