Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 Recruiting List

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
    I'm excited about the skill position recruits we are landing! However, my excitement is tempered a little until we get some fat boys up front to commit.

We are going to lose some valued seniors after this year and our junior class has not left its mark up front - yet. We are blessed to have an outstanding group of sophomores with Carr, Shoff, and I believe Lansman will be a quality contributor in the future. This leaves us with some limits on depth up front, and that has always been a major factor in our success. I'm hoping we get a couple of gems out of our 6 frosh and red shirt freshmen, but we need to get some quality foundation pieces or we will have troubles staying in the upper echelon of teams in the MVFC.

This year we still have 12 pending offers on the table. We've set our bar high and have lost out on 5 studs who have committed to power conference schools in the FBS. It appears that the staff have made this a priority this year and I'm hoping we can have similar success as compared to our sophomore class. Injuries happen up front. Without having quality depth, seasons can flip from conference title hopes to failing to make the playoffs.
    Another lineman that we offered from NE (Tanner Borchardt) has choices down to two (Colorado State & Wyoming).

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      Another lineman that we offered from NE (Tanner Borchardt) has choices down to two (Colorado State & Wyoming).
      That doesn't surprise me. Both schools are an easy drive from Gothenburg and many kids from that region look to those schools if they don't go to Nebraska. While I wish him the best, I was not totally impressed with him in my limited exposure to him.

I had a chance to talk to him last spring around graduation time. In addition, I was the white hat for one of his games last fall. It was an important game for playoff seeding purposes, and he did not have the fire I expected in a kid who should have dominated his opponents. I'm hoping for him it was the exception, but I believe he has gotten the looks he has because of his frame and intelligence.

Comment

Just a huge win for Jacks to get Taryn. Hopefully this encourages others who have similar opportunities to stay closer to home. While I think our coaching staff did a tremendous job of recruiting this young man I believe the new facilities were the tipping point.

Comment

Jordan Steckler, offer from us, committed to NIU yesterday.

http://247sports.com/Player/Jordan-Steckler-36888
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
            What's the story with Mikey Daniel from Brookings? Do we have a shot at him? I really don't know much about him considering he left for IMG, but I understand he is back in Brookings this year. Is that correct? Any Brookings people with some insight?
            I am Brookings but have little contact with high school people who are in the know. If the others interests and offer dry up, then we have a chance. No news might be good news for now. Good question though.

Comment

The Lincoln Journal Star had an article today about how relationships between coaches and athletes have changed significantly in just the last 7 years that Pelini has been head coach. Social media and how athletes communicate has changed many dynamics. I'm curious if the speed of athletes making verbal commitments has changed significantly because of this.

Last year I was amazed at how our recruiting dynamic had changed in that we were getting verbal commitments much earlier than we had just a few years ago. Last year at this time we had just received our 2nd commitment and didn't receive our 3rd/4th commitments until November. This year we are already concerned with our recruiting battles with NDSU because they have nabbed 5 recruits in head-to-head battles and we've gotten a potential gem in the group in Taryn. We have 7 recruits who have given their verbal and we just started August. Are we going to see recruits committing to SDSU in their sophomore years in high school like we've done with basketball? Will we have the bulk of our recruiting done before Thanksgiving? Will USD ever get a verbal before the first snow flakes fall? (Sorry for the smack, but they have definitely lagged the competition.)

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                What's the story with Mikey Daniel from Brookings? Do we have a shot at him? I really don't know much about him considering he left for IMG, but I understand he is back in Brookings this year. Is that correct? Any Brookings people with some insight?
                Yes, Mikey is playing football for Brookings this fall.
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Marquise Bridges has verbaled to NDSU. WR out of MSP. We had offered. That makes 6 out of MN we wanted. Does Dan Jackson recruit MN? If not, maybe he should because he was the big player for Taryn and has helped us clean up in NE.
                  "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                  "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

I read a post on another site indicating that Mikey Daniel had received an offer from Army. He seemed pleased by it.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                      I read a post on another site indicating that Mikey Daniel had received an offer from Army. He seemed pleased by it.
                      So much for no news being good news. I no more say this and we have breaking news. Unless he has two left feet and hates marching, I don't see him as a Jack. I pray I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        So much for no news being good news. I no more say this and we have breaking news. Unless he has two left feet and hates marching, I don't see him as a Jack. I pray I am wrong.
                        He's had the offer from Army for awhile, this isn't breaking news. I think he would choose SDSU over Army. I think he hopes to have a monster year and get an offer from a bigger program.
                        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                          He's had the offer from Army for awhile, this isn't breaking news. I think he would choose SDSU over Army. I think he hopes to have a monster year and get an offer from a bigger program.
                          Not so fast according to his twitter his offer happened today in writing which is for real. I agree he is going soldiering.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                            Not so fast according to his twitter his offer happened today
                            Incorrect, he just finally received the official paperwork from his offer. He received an offer awhile ago.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                              Incorrect, he just finally received the official paperwork from his offer. He received an offer awhile ago.
                              Okay but has he signed any papers? Until he signs.....SDSU offer is good. I have a hard time understanding his coming and going from Fla to SD. I have never seen him play.
                              Last edited by Nidaros; 08-06-2014, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Tweet from Coach Schleusner & Jackson.

@Dan_Jackson5
                                Added another giant commit this morning. Pumped to welcome a new family member to the corner group!!!

@LukeSchleusner
                                Seems like someone new is hopping on board every day! #futureJacks

Comment

Working...
                                X