Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 Recruiting List

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
    I hope I didn't sound too hippie-dippie in my previous post. I do want us to win more head-to-head recruiting battles against the Bison (and Minnesota and Iowa ) and it is because, as you said, we wanted these kids too. I just feel it's important to keep an even temperament when following recruitment. Too many times I was really high on a player and they didn't pan out, and other players I thought were a reach turned out to be pretty darn good.

Also, there is so much information even people who follow recruiting don't know about in terms of individual player recruitment (i.e. was scholarship money even between offers? Was the scholarship offer still active or did another recruit's commit take it off the table). In terms of the latter (and I stress I have no inside knowledge of the situation), the Bison just got 2 recruits that had a SDSU offer that look to project as defensive tackles, but the Jacks already had 2 DT commits in this class before these players committed. Were their SDSU offers still standing? Were their offers still active but SDSU shifted attention to other players at need positions? How did the players the Jacks did get grade out against the players they didn't in the eyes of the coaching staff? Maybe the Jacks were never really in contentions for the Bison commits, so the coaching staff left the offers standing and used their resources on players they felt they could land? I don't know the answers to these questions, but most people don't know either.

All very good points. They are well taken.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Face it, facilities and game-day atmophere are big deals for 18-year-olds. The new stadium will give the Jacks a facilities advantage over everyone else in the MVC, including the humped ones up north, but will the crowd spice up correspondengly? I've seen a couple games with big crowds in recent years and have been struck by how, shall I say, polite the folks were. Jacks fans need to get a little more rambuncious on Game Day. Discuss

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
        Face it, facilities and game-day atmophere are big deals for 18-year-olds. The new stadium will give the Jacks a facilities advantage over everyone else in the MVC, including the humped ones up north, but will the crowd spice up correspondengly? I've seen a couple games with big crowds in recent years and have been struck by how, shall I say, polite the folks were. Jacks fans need to get a little more rambuncious on Game Day. Discuss
        More cowbell?
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

If you gave me a stadium that looks as good as the pictures of Dykhouse and a competitive team, then I will bring the m&m's and popcorn.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            More cowbell?
            Was it the NCAA's rules and/or rules of the MVFC that brought an end to the cowbell? This would help get some of us old folks off our feet. Standing up on 3rd down might also make a difference. Just my thoughts, although I will miss the September games this year but will be checking in on my I-phone from some place in Europe.

Comment

Pound a 20oz of starbucks Nidaros and don't look back.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                More cowbell?

A PA announcer like DJ Homer in Farko might help, too, but one would have to put up with the obnoxious factor

Comment

A PA announcer like DJ Homer in Farko might help, too, but one would have to put up with the obnoxious factor
                  Oh yes!!!

EVERYBODY UP, THE MARCH IS ON. AND ANOTHER JACKRABBIT FIRST DOWN. Seriously detest this stuff.

Comment

Stu Whitney ‏@stuwhitney 3m
                    "BREAKING: Roosevelt quarterback Taryn Christion has verbally committed to SDSU."

"Christion chose the Jackrabbits over North Dakota State, Eastern Michigan and Ohio. Staying close to home was a factor in decision."

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                      "BREAKING: Roosevelt quarterback Taryn Christion has verbally committed to SDSU."

"Christion chose the Jackrabbits over North Dakota State, Eastern Michigan and Ohio. Staying close to home was a factor in decision."
                      HHHHHUUUUGGGEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Here is Taryn's tweet...https://twitter.com/T_Time_3/status/496773348861685761

In Stu's follow up tweets he stated that the final two were SDSU and EMU.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post

Great Get!! I'm not sure what position he will play, but he is a tremendous athlete. It's great that he committed early to us. I talked with both ISU and U. of Iowa coaches about him earlier this summer. They both seemed very intrigued of his athleticism and thought he could be a late offer if the numbers worked out.

Comment

I'll be honest, this takes some of the sting out of the Bison kicking us head to head for 5 dudes from Minnesota this year. Not all of it, but good to see Christion stay in-state.

Comment

Very cool. Great news. Welcome, Taryn. I suspect he will be the Jacks' quarterback of the future. Give him a redshirt year, perhaps, and then let him start for three or four years. Kind of a modified, Austin Sumner route.
                              This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                                Very cool. Great news. Welcome, Taryn. I suspect he will be the Jacks' quarterback of the future. Give him a redshirt year, perhaps, and then let him start for three or four years. Kind of a modified, Austin Sumner route.
                                Let's not forget about Chris Little already.

Comment

Working...
                                X