Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 Recruiting List

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
    Let's not forget about Chris Little already.
    Or Dalton Douglas. For that matter, Finnes is second on the depth chart this year, and may start next year.
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
      Let's not forget about Chris Little already.
      According to his stats he is one big dude for being a QB unless i just misread his weight. I dont know how great of a passer Taryn is though. I wonder if coaches would use a a multi purpose weapon, or try to get him on the D side of the ball. What i saw of him his arm didnt wow me. maybe its better then I thought but I think his greatest weapon is his athletic ability.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

This is a very big Verbal for you guys! Congrats. I will say I was wrong in thinking he would go MAC.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
          Here is Taryn's tweet...https://twitter.com/T_Time_3/status/496773348861685761

In Stu's follow up tweets he stated that the final two were SDSU and EMU.
          Really excited to land Taryn! Good to keep an SD athlete in-state when he had plenty of other options.

He's a great athlete, but he also plays the quarterback position very well. Just reading into Taryn's tweet about the offense being adapted to his strengths, I fully expect him to get every opportunity to play the QB position for the Jacks. Christion's accuracy and arm strength are actually solid for a college QB and seems to get overshadowed by his athleticism.
          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
          - Steven Wright

Comment

I've said it before, but one thing that has become apparent by looking at every QB we've recruited since Sumner is that we are morphing into a complete Spread Option offense. Sumner has done a good job of bridging the gap of a pure passer of TOB to our stable of QB's that will be competing for the job next year, we really integrated in the Read Option part of the offense really well last year.

Douglas, Lujan, Little, and Christion are all prototypical Spread Option/ Read Option quarterbacks. Kline and Meyer were as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
              I've said it before, but one thing that has become apparent by looking at every QB we've recruited since Sumner is that we are morphing into a complete Spread Option offense. Sumner has done a good job of bridging the gap of a pure passer of TOB to our stable of QB's that will be competing for the job next year, we really integrated in the Read Option part of the offense really well last year.

Douglas, Lujan, Little, and Christion are all prototypical Spread Option/ Read Option quarterbacks. Kline and Meyer were as well.
              I completely agree. I believe that this type of offense would be incredibly fun to watch. Having athletes play the quarterback position helps to extend plays and open the offense to more of the read option type of game.
              "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                Oh yes!!!

EVERYBODY UP, THE MARCH IS ON. AND ANOTHER JACKRABBIT FIRST DOWN. Seriously detest this stuff.
                Well it happens at MANY universities not just NDSU, I would rather have a crowd and announcer into the game than not

anways congrats on the new commit
                BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  According to his stats he is one big dude for being a QB unless i just misread his weight. I dont know how great of a passer Taryn is though. I wonder if coaches would use a a multi purpose weapon, or try to get him on the D side of the ball. What i saw of him his arm didnt wow me. maybe its better then I thought but I think his greatest weapon is his athletic ability.
                  GoJacks has a misprint listing Little at 280 lbs.
                  LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

YES!! Hopefully we get Vinatieri as well!

Comment

Huge, huge get with Christion. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                        GoJacks has a misprint listing Little at 280 lbs.
                        I was going to say he is more like a lineman then a qb.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                          Well it happens at MANY universities not just NDSU, I would rather have a crowd and announcer into the game than not

anways congrats on the new commit
                          Flat-out cheerleading from Homer the Announcer in the press box? Not really, not to that level.

Comment

Couple other nuggets about Christion...

-He was the state Long Jump Champion last year, jumping just over 23 ft. 2nd place in the event was 2014 Jackrabbit recruit JJ Hejna and 3rd place was 2014 Bison recruit Dan Marlette, both were over a foot behind him at just under 22 ft. That's a good bunch of athletes in that group.

-He finished third last year in the 100 Meter Dash, he ran a 10.97. He finished right behind 2014 Jackrabbit Track recruit Adam Belhaj of Lincoln. I wouldn't be surprised if he pushes 10.8 this year. His teammate ran a 10.8 flat last year to win the event.

Comment

What's the story with Mikey Daniel from Brookings? Do we have a shot at him? I really don't know much about him considering he left for IMG, but I understand he is back in Brookings this year. Is that correct? Any Brookings people with some insight?
                              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

I'm excited about the skill position recruits we are landing! However, my excitement is tempered a little until we get some fat boys up front to commit.

We are going to lose some valued seniors after this year and our junior class has not left its mark up front - yet. We are blessed to have an outstanding group of sophomores with Carr, Shoff, and I believe Lansman will be a quality contributor in the future. This leaves us with some limits on depth up front, and that has always been a major factor in our success. I'm hoping we get a couple of gems out of our 6 frosh and red shirt freshmen, but we need to get some quality foundation pieces or we will have troubles staying in the upper echelon of teams in the MVFC.

This year we still have 12 pending offers on the table. We've set our bar high and have lost out on 5 studs who have committed to power conference schools in the FBS. It appears that the staff have made this a priority this year and I'm hoping we can have similar success as compared to our sophomore class. Injuries happen up front. Without having quality depth, seasons can flip from conference title hopes to failing to make the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X