Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: EWU GDT

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
    A lot of crap on here. Many wanna be coaches. I told Stig that I love the way he runs the program and I could care less if they ever won a game. Yes, the goal is to win, but in the overall view the 5 years each of these young men spend playing football is a very small window in their lifetime and nowhere close to the most important. The life lessons from this coaching staff will take them much further. All I ever here players say that come here is that they love their teammates and their coaches and that's why they are here.
    Did I just click on the Jack's men's soccer message board by mistake???

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      Nope. Your analogy was fitting.

Just because we all aren't coaches does not mean we can't critique them on a fan message board.

We're all probably wrong, but what the hell, that's what makes these types of boards fun.
      There is irony somewhere in the idea that it is OK to anonymously critique the coaching staff, but not be critical of other anonymous posters (which is a board rule).

I think the board rule is a good one (although I've stepped out of bounds occasionally).

I also think its just fine to second guess coaches, post opinions, even call/speculate about firings on fan message boards. Just don't expect to be above retort.

If its OK to have opinions one way (coach is a moron!), its also OK to have opinions another (coach is not a moron!). I've certainly been put in my place multiple times. Just my $.02.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
        Did I just click on the Jack's men's soccer message board by mistake???
        Either that, or you accidentally stumbled onto a NCAA Division III football message board. There must be some of those out there, right?

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
          A lot of crap on here. Many wanna be coaches. I told Stig that I love the way he runs the program and I could care less if they ever won a game. Yes, the goal is to win, but in the overall view the 5 years each of these young men spend playing football is a very small window in their lifetime and nowhere close to the most important. The life lessons from this coaching staff will take them much further. All I ever here players say that come here is that they love their teammates and their coaches and that's why they are here.
          Fans will critique coaches and even more in the college game where we try to remember that the players are student athletes in their teens and early 20's. I too am extremely proud of the program that coach Stig runs and the quality of football is a testament to his him. However at this level it is about winning without question and these quality young men that dedicate 4-5 years of their lives do not go through all that they do just to make friends and bond. They do it to compete at the Division I FCS level.

The staff here does many things well and still by and large do it with less resources than many of their competitors. I brag about the type of program that coach Stig runs, but they are certainly to be subject to criticism for the product on the field. It is part of life now that the stakes have been raised as part of a successful (to this point) period at division I.
          The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
            Fans will critique coaches and even more in the college game where we try to remember that the players are student athletes in their teens and early 20's. I too am extremely proud of the program that coach Stig runs and the quality of football is a testament to his him. However at this level it is about winning without question and these quality young men that dedicate 4-5 years of their lives do not go through all that they do just to make friends and bond. They do it to compete at the Division I FCS level.

The staff here does many things well and still by and large do it with less resources than many of their competitors. I brag about the type of program that coach Stig runs, but they are certainly to be subject to criticism for the product on the field. It is part of life now that the stakes have been raised as part of a successful (to this point) period at division I.
            Rep pts given, good points. We don't have the NDSU football financial resources and haven't had for decades. We gaining on them though, Difference Makers is one way to catch up. Its small people who have the interest of the program at heart.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              That's what it comes down to little things and that's what stig preaches do the right thing. Make the right play etc yet we get a delay of game on the kickoff to start the 2nd half. The delay of game after a time out I think early in the 2nd qtr. Those are the issues that bother me. That's coaches and players not on the same page. Communication is key. Things I would hope stig is going to address with his staff.

I am not a coach so I could just be full of hot air but these type of things annoy me, too. Earlier in the season(Missouri State ???) the other team had a player injured and we still couldn't get the play off in time. We have 5 extra minutes and still can't get it done.
              I watched the USD-Youngstown State game and was trying to figure out whether SDSU or Youngstown State would run the play clock under 5 seconds more times when we played each other.

For some reason I must have Missouri State on my mind but I think it was them that we were down round 3 scores in the 4th quarter and we still running the play clock under 5 seconds quite a bit. I think that even though they were leading, they ran plays quicker than we did. I know that we shift both TE's often but that takes time and down big late in the game we need more urgency. If that is our offense, we have to play that way but I just don't see much fire. I'm not a jumping around type guy I think they need some fire.

I am not trying to blame coach Stig but if he gets some, I think he might deserve it. I was listening to the "Sports Show" and they were talking about how much coaches affect games. They guy on the radio said that he thought it was around 20% or so. Coach Stig said that it is well over 50%. I know that I'm reading too much into it but I think things like players, injuries, weather, location of games, etc.. factor into who wins games. I guess if he was talking about players/recruiting being on the coaches, I would probably agree with him. I didn't really expect that out of him but I'm sure that is what he said. If coaching is over 50% and you are the coach, you either win or lose the game. You get the credit or the blame.

I think SDSU had a really good season and we will miss this senior class. They had several good players that helped our team win many games over the last 4 years. I hope that coach Stig and the rest of the coaches can keep up what they have accomplished the last few years and maybe get us a step or two higher up the ladder.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                Rep pts given, good points. We don't have the NDSU football financial resources and haven't had for decades. We gaining on them though, Difference Makers is one way to catch up. Its small people who have the interest of the program at heart.
                Right back at ya. We can critique the coaches and program but we collectively need to step up as fans to support the program in any way we can. Jackrabbit athletics is making steps toward being something even more special so we can continue to help by buying more tickets, bring a friend to a game, financial contributions from large and small. It all counts. Let's give our administrators and coaches the ability to do things the right way and to win while doing so. The future is bright.
                The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
                  Right back at ya. We can critique the coaches and program but we collectively need to step up as fans to support the program in any way we can. Jackrabbit athletics is making steps toward being something even more special so we can continue to help by buying more tickets, bring a friend to a game, financial contributions from large and small. It all counts. Let's give our administrators and coaches the ability to do things the right way and to win while doing so. The future is bright.
                  This post and your previous post.......+1. Well said sir.

As I've said before, we need to continue to change the culture of SDSU fans.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    That's what it comes down to little things and that's what stig preaches do the right thing. Make the right play etc yet we get a delay of game on the kickoff to start the 2nd half. The delay of game after a time out I think early in the 2nd qtr. Those are the issues that bother me. That's coaches and players not on the same page. Communication is key. Things I would hope stig is going to address with his staff.
                    Relax Goon - watch a slate of NFL games every weekend and see how often this happens even at the Pro level. Do you remember Favre with the Queens at New Orleans to make the Super Bowl? Key point in the game and the Queens get 12 men in a huddle called. - Packers got nailed for like penalties last week, it is really apparent without Rogers out there.

I do think they could give Austin more control over plays called at the line of scrimmage next year. He has the experience and would be a weapon changing the calls based upon the defense he sees.

I said put Stig on the hot seat when they were on a losing skid. DI coaching is a hot seat - I didn't mean fire him; I meant pressure him. I suspect he got pressure, Stig will always tell you he has pressure to win and represent SDSU. I think he straightened the team out and did a terrific job for the year. I'm glad he stayed and didn't jump ship like the guy to the north.

Where Stig is outstanding is he graduates Student Athletes. Look at how many athletes how had make it through Pharmacy School, Pre med, and Engineering. Look at how often SDSU wins the Academic award. It has become routine.

Like Nidaros said - get Stig the $$$ so we can win Championships. We are catching up and the Championships will come. The Administration wants this, Stig wants this, and the fans want this.

Go Jacks!

and get out the check books!

Comment

Working...
                    X