2013 Playoff Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2013 Playoff Bracketology

How about we meet in Frisco and show the committee which conference really should have gotten 4 teams in?

Comment

2013 Playoff Bracketology

The bid Sell put in to host must have been below par. I don't blame him, I blame our fan base for not showing up last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        Its a screw job plain and simple. Punished the MVFC teams for being too competitive. Ignored the dominant out of conference wins and like cowards selected teams with 9 or 10 wins padded by victories over crappy conference teams. Ignorance, jealousy and crooked politics. It happens every year and it pisses me off every time.
        We need to get another team other than NDSU to the championship game to show that the conference has strength past the top, at least for playoff selection in the immediate future. That way when we have a 3-loss pileup for second in the conference we can point to some evidence that shows that those teams are stronger than 3-loss teams anywhere else.

I think only NDSU and SDSU had strong OOC wins without an accompanying black mark like UNI's 5 losses in a row or Youngstown losing out to end the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Bozemaniac View Post
          Also amusing, I think Butler gets to host their first round game.
          They do against Tennessee State. The team that wins that game is going to get throttled in round 2 in Charleston, IL that basically puts EIU into the quarterfinals. That is the regional factor at play. EIU must have some serious pull. They sucked last year and got in and they got 3 OVC teams and a cupcake shedule this year.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
            The bid Sell put in to host must have been below par. I don't blame him, I blame our fan base for not showing up last year.

While I agree with your sentiment, according to the info jackmd posted, there is a chance both teams provided the minimum guarantees and the home game went to the higher seed.

That is if I am interpreting the info correctly.

Comment

Butler hosts? Four Big Sky teams? Only two Missouri Valley teams? Jacks go on the road, even though they've beaten two playoff teams this season? Who the heck are the people who made these silly decisions?
              This space for lease.

Comment

Exactly. If I'm not mistaken, the committee doesn't decide hosts for the first round games once they decide those teams, the bids and $$$ do. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If that's the case, we can't blame the committee for giving Butler, SUU, or NAU first round home games. They must have outbid us for those home games. From what it looks like, we had potentially four opportunities in the bracket to host a game: areas that would have fed a winner into NDSU, EIU, EWU, or Montana.
                "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

This has to be a major factor. When you look at any of the final rankings - GPI , Sagarin or either of the polls , the Jacks definitely deserve to be in that second eight teams after the 8 seeds. So you would have to conclude that the Jacks got out-bid.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                    Exactly. If I'm not mistaken, the committee doesn't decide hosts for the first round games once they decide those teams, the bids and $$$ do. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If that's the case, we can't blame the committee for giving Butler, SUU, or NAU first round home games. They must have outbid us for those home games. From what it looks like, we had potentially four opportunities in the bracket to host a game: areas that would have fed a winner into NDSU, EIU, EWU, or Montana.
                    The bids aren't opened until the field is set (at least that's what the committee has claimed for many years). We were outbid, but we couldn't get 5,000 for our last playoff game, so it's not exactly surprising that Sell has to bid low in order to cover.

Comment

Check out the SRS (Simple Rating System) that is one of the main tools the NCAA used for the FCS playoff selection. Try not to throw something at your computer screen.

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/fcs/fcs-srs-poll

Comment

Looking at the Bracket...we get by EWU and we are going to own that bottom half. I like it. 1-0 every week!
                        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                          Check out the SRS (Simple Rating System) that is one of the main tools the NCAA used for the FCS playoff selection. Try not to throw something at your computer screen.

What a joke. Get ready for the sound of a big explosion coming out of Fargo in 5 , 4 , 3 , 2 , 1.....

Comment

Living in Az I could not be happier. Bringing 6 Jackrabbit fans to the game.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post

Gross! <wipes vomit off computer screen>
                              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by HoboD View Post
                                Living in Az I could not be happier. Bringing 6 Jackrabbit fans to the game.
                                From our fan base's perspective, NAU was a good pairing once the decision was made that we weren't going to host. There are some happy parents, family and friends of current Jacks players who now have a short trip to watch the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X