• Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: SDSU @ USD

Onto the next road playoff game.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      Fun game.

Many of us thought adding USD to the Valley and the Summit was a good move. I think they add to the stature of both conferences. As fans, we should have some respect for what Joe Glenn has done in short order at Vermillion (and we have to ignore some of their jerk fans). USD is here to play ball and in the end, that's what counts.
      I might agree with you tomorrow,not today.

Comment

In the Midco pre-game show, they interviewed a kid from USD and a kid from SDSU. The USD kid gave the usual "they're just a bunch of farmers" (yes, that is what he said, to which I always reply: and proud of it...geez, South Dakota's economic driving force and they make light of it? Dumb, just dumb). The SDSU kid talks about how Brookings is a good place to be, well-rounded University etc. A stark difference. I think we have to separate what some dumb fan or fans say from how the athletic team approaches the game. USD played hard today and they're still a relative newbie to the Valley. That deserves our respect. I think USD has earned the respect of the Valley...what a contrast from last year.

I watched Stig seek out USD's Tyler Starr, the great linebacker, after the game, and you know what Stig said to him after the game. That's the example we should follow as fans.

Now, having written the above, I will be sorely tempted to blast the jerk fans I've run into from the red school. (But, I won't. They know the score. And, I get to collect on a few small wagers.)

Comment

The sack of Early on 4th down , the fumble by Zenner and the pick six has to be the biggest emotional roller coaster in less than a minute of playing time that I have ever seen.

Comment

I haven't posted in a while...however, am I glad this one is over. The Jacks sucked it up today and played hard. Line play on both sides of the ball was better.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              The sack of Early on 4th down , the fumble by Zenner and the pick six has to be the biggest emotional roller coaster in less than a minute of playing time that I have ever seen.
              Told my wife the same thing. How can I feel so good, so bad and so good in about 2 minutes...

Comment

Should be noted: Kurt Hess from Youngstown State left the game today with an injury and did not return.

BIG WIN for the Jacks. The defense got burned a few times, but really stepped up. Sumner also recovered after a bad decision on the first drive. Total team effort today. Schneider, Sumner, Zenner all good today. I love beating these guys, especially at their place.

Also, more credit should be given to the defense for their stops of USD deep into Jacks territory twice in the first half. Holding them to FGs was huge. Great effort all around today.

Comment

I'm going to read the final stats...I'm confident they will show the game wasn't as close as the score. E.g. inability of USD to convert on 3rd downs etc.

Good game by the Jacks in a hostile environment. The crowd noise affected us in the first minute or so but we did what a visitor has to do to take out the home crowd: score and lead for the remainder of the game.

Comment

If Southern Illinois wins today Jacks will be playing for second place in the MVC next week.

NDSU has not lost a road game since 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                      Should be noted: Kurt Hess from Youngstown State left the game today with an injury and did not return.

BIG WIN for the Jacks. The defense got burned a few times, but really stepped up. Sumner also recovered after a bad decision on the first drive. Total team effort today. Schneider, Sumner, Zenner all good today. I love beating these guys, especially at their place.

Also, more credit should be given to the defense for their stops of USD deep into Jacks territory twice in the first half. Holding them to FGs was huge. Great effort all around today.
                      what was the injury? anyone know?

Comment

Decision time: nursing a three-beer headache and have to decide whether to power beyond three beers while watching the high school playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                          what was the injury? anyone know?
                          Nevermind. Have an update from the YSU beat writer.

"YSU QB Kurt Hess (ankle) said he expects to play finale against South Dakota State. Believes Penguins need to win to make the playoffs."

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                            Fun game.

Many of us thought adding USD to the Valley and the Summit was a good move. I think they add to the stature of both conferences. As fans, we should have some respect for what Joe Glenn has done in short order at Vermillion (and we have to ignore some of their jerk fans). USD is here to play ball and in the end, that's what counts.
                            Joe Glenn and the Yotes are 3 and 12 in the Valley and headed to NDSU. What counts in the end is wins and losses. You are what you are and USD is 3 &12. Have another loss!

Good win for the Jacks in a tough place to win no matter who you are.

One more W at Youngstown would all but lock up a play off selection.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Was at the game. LOTS of fun. I was 6 rows up on the 40 surrounded by Coyote fans. Bitched the ENTIRE game about the refs. It was hilarious. So many Jacks fans there. Entire top section of the permanent bleachers and all around the edges. Awesome work by the Jacks fans there. This old cranky Coyote fan kept trying to hold up a "GO COYOTES" newspaper in front of my face the entire first half. I chuckled as he exited the Dome after Winston's pick 6. Lot of fun. Coyote fans make me laugh.

Great game!

P.S. if they wanted to make the half time more realistic next time, give the rabbit a ball and have him celebrate in the end zone! Go Jacks!
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I am surprised you are even contemplating throwing in the towel

Comment

Working...
                                X