Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD

Originally posted by Roy View Post
    It looks like sdpb.org has it for $9.95. I'm trying to watch HS playoffs now and getting a lot of buffering!
    It seems to me that two state funded universites playing a football game on a station funded by residents of said state would be able to charge a bit less than 10 bucks. I am still amazed that we have to pay to listen to the game online. Paying for substandard video is bad enough, would it really be such a terrible idea to market SDSU's games to the masses by offering a free audio stream of away games?
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
      It looks like sdpb.org has it for $9.95. I'm trying to watch HS playoffs now and getting a lot of buffering!
      That link takes you right to the Coyotevision site. I think we're stuck paying USD to see the game.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
        That link takes you right to the Coyotevision site. I think we're stuck paying USD to see the game.
        Yes I am afraid so or in my case I still have the colorful Tyler Merriman to tell me what is going on the field. I think I can get that free. Or did USD make that a billable item too? What a bunch of thieves

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
          It seems to me that two state funded universites playing a football game on a station funded by residents of said state would be able to charge a bit less than 10 bucks. I am still amazed that we have to pay to listen to the game online. Paying for substandard video is bad enough, would it really be such a terrible idea to market SDSU's games to the masses by offering a free audio stream of away games?
          It should be a major part of ANY subscription service that all CONFERENCE GAMES, home or away, if available as video stream BE INCLUDED. Five years ago, these away conference games were part of the GoJacks subscription. Non-conference games, I can see not providing via GoJacks, but CONFERENCE Games? COME ON MAN! **steps off soap box**

Comment

I know WNAX, the flagship radio station, wants to stream all the games. In fact, they did stream the Butler game this year, but Learfield Sports will not let them stream any other games. It's an odd situation because Learfield Sports also has a contract with USD and I know 106.3 FM is able to stream the USD games.

Also, for people who can, get Midco! Midco Sports Net is one of the best channels out there. They carry numerous SDSU games including the big one this weekend. For those who can't, there really isn't much left to do besides pay for it from USD. Or else find a free stream on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
              I know WNAX, the flagship radio station, wants to stream all the games. In fact, they did stream the Butler game this year, but Learfield Sports will not let them stream any other games. It's an odd situation because Learfield Sports also has a contract with USD and I know 106.3 FM is able to stream the USD games.

Also, for people who can, get Midco! Midco Sports Net is one of the best channels out there. They carry numerous SDSU games including the big one this weekend. For those who can't, there really isn't much left to do besides pay for it from USD. Or else find a free stream on the internet.
              I dont know, There was a big sdsu mens game last night and midco was showing a replay of a D2 football game i think instead. seems like they need to work with both schools to try to get more live games on IMHO.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                I dont know, There was a big sdsu mens game last night and midco was showing a replay of a D2 football game i think instead. seems like they need to work with both schools to try to get more live games on IMHO.
                I should clarify. I think MSN is great in the fact that they regularly show SDSU football home games, except maybe one or two, which is something that never happened in the past. Can they broadcast more games? Yes. But so far it's a good start. I agree they should get more games on, however.

Comment

I should clarify. I think MSN is great in the fact that they regularly show SDSU football home games, except maybe one or two, which is something that never happened in the past. Can they broadcast more games? Yes. But so far it's a good start. I agree they should get more games on, however.
                  Yeah it is great for local coverage compared to what obviously it use to be. just would be nice for it to grow a little more. to bad they cant cover and broadcast the SDSU road football games, that would be amazing.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Yes, I remember when internet streaming came to the radio station. We had to physically unhook the stream so that there wasn't a chance it could go out over the internet.

I think that our season tickets should include a GoJacks subscription. I am unable to attend the game tomorrow and will be out of radio coverage area. And I most certainly won't be paying for a stream.

Learfield/Midco need to understand how many Jackrabbit fans their are eliminating from listening to their favorite team insdie South Dakota by not having more options

Comment

Yes, I remember when internet streaming came to the radio station. We had to physically unhook the stream so that there wasn't a chance it could go out over the internet.

I think that our season tickets should include a GoJacks subscription. I am unable to attend the game tomorrow and will be out of radio coverage area. And I most certainly won't be paying for a stream.

Learfield/Midco need to understand how many Jackrabbit fans their are eliminating from listening to their favorite team insdie South Dakota by not having more options
                      This is a fantastic idea. Is it currently offered at a certain donation level?
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

For those who may have ITC cable, there is a feed from Midco on channel 191.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

One reliable and free source is the SDSUFanForum site! The color commentary is awesome unless we play poorly. (A big thank you to all who do post!)

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                            This is a fantastic idea. Is it currently offered at a certain donation level?
                            Not that I have seen. A few extras for the price of what tickets are now isn't asking a lot.

Comment

Jacks 34-21

I think knowing the playoffs are out there for the Jacks, they will come out and take care of business.

What will be the split in fans for this?

60/40 Coyotes?

Comment

This game on Midco online?
                                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Working...
                                X