• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: SDSU vs UNI

Congrats on the BIG win Jacks!

Comment

When we win,I'm happy,when I'm happy,I don't complain,when i'm not complaining,i think about other things,like travling to Las Vegas,when I go to Vegas.......wait a minute

Comment

I liked the yellow uniforms. I was uncertain about them when I saw the pictures but I thought they looked great on the field.

Okay airplane buffs, the pre-game flyover of two WWII planes included an AT-6 (also nicknamed the "Texan" or "North American Harvard") and a second plane which I think was wearing the green-color scheme of a Japanese Zero. But, it was not a Zero. My guess, it was an AT-6 which was modified to more closely look like a Zero (rounded wingtips, modified the canopy over the cockpit). Any other guesses or does anyone know the planes?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          I liked the yellow uniforms. I was uncertain about them when I saw the pictures but I thought they looked great on the field.

Okay airplane buffs, the pre-game flyover of two WWII planes included an AT-6 (also nicknamed the "Texan" or "North American Harvard") and a second plane which I think was wearing the green-color scheme of a Japanese Zero. But, it was not a Zero. My guess, it was an AT-6 which was modified to more closely look like a Zero (rounded wingtips, modified the canopy over the cockpit). Any other guesses or does anyone know the planes?
          I loved the all yellow uniforms. Way better than the all blue. I do not like the all blue look, at all.

I know nothing about aircraft.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
            I loved the all yellow uniforms. Way better than the all blue. I do not like the all blue look, at all.

I know nothing about aircraft.
            I kept thinking I was at a McNeese Cowboy game.. Seriously they look great, and if this a start of a winning streak, keep wearing yellow.k

Comment

I am sorry but I don't understand why Jones was in. He is clearly confused and he did run the wrong route! Could have cost us big time!! Josh Davis has some explaining to do!!!!

Comment

I don't know for sure what they were JJD, but they are owned locally by a guy who flys them a lot around here.

Comment

Originally posted by TailGatr View Post
                  I am sorry but I don't understand why Jones was in. He is clearly confused and he did run the wrong route! Could have cost us big time!! Josh Davis has some explaining to do!!!!
                  There was a handful of times when he had to be readjusted by Sumner and his fellow receivers, including lining up on the wrong side completely pre-snap before he realigned. Hopefully it was just first game nerves for him.

Comment

I have no problem putting the kid in but if he isn't ready then I have a problem with it. Not sure if Tiefenthaler got hurt or what. He was in during ot and ran the wrong route.

Comment

Originally posted by TailGatr View Post
                      I have no problem putting the kid in but if he isn't ready then I have a problem with it. Not sure if Tiefenthaler got hurt or what. He was in during ot and ran the wrong route.
                      If you rewatch some of Zenners runs you will notice Jones blocking his ass off. Maybe they brought him in as a physical presence.
                      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                        If you rewatch some of Zenners runs you will notice Jones blocking his ass off. Maybe they brought him in as a physical presence.
                        Good point, on Zenner's 20 yard TD run Jones was the receiver out there setting the edge as Zenner scampered on by. Our offense carries a very high value in the receivers ability to block because of Zenner.

Comment

I believe that green airplane was probably an old Soviet-Era, Chinese Yakolev ("Yak") trainer owned by a professor in the aviation department.

Comment

Thanks Danger41 and #1fan. I didn't get a great look at the second airplane...I doubt I would have recognized the Yak. A few years ago I went to an air show in the area and there was an altered AT-6 dressed up like a Zero and I wondered if it was that plane.

Comment

Originally Posted by WestSideRabbit
                              Yeah, he might be a good blocker, great build and length on him.

Comment

Exciting game, we certainly got monies worth. Seriously thought it was lost after the INT but the defense held and then got lucky to go into OT. Some of Sumner's throws into coverage over the middle seemed overly risky and it appeared there were opportunities down field along sidelines. Nice to see SDSU outplay another team for a win.

All yellow unis looked good. Would be better still with white helmets.
                                You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Working...
                                X