Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU vs UNI

Originally posted by FeistyRedheadAZ View Post
    Hey did anyone catch the post game interview? I am looking for a link to it.

Just know that a bunch of us in AZ were cheering loud for the Jacks

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2
    Here ya go: http://terryvandrovec.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
      The person calling these short kickoffs needs to be fired after today's game. Period.
      What is your deal against the coaching staff? Even though I am still fairly new and have missed the last couple of games I have not seen much positive out of your posts all year. If you want to stop by practice next week during the bye and visit with Coach Rogers, Brown, and Moore I am sure you could. Or go to Difference Makers on Tuesday nights and ask Coach Stig the tough questions. You can even talk to Eidsness for the time outs you are talking about. UNI used a short kick after their TD, we used it twice and had the ball on the ground for a possible recovery both times. I would say that is pretty smart with kicking into a 18 mile an hour straight south wind. On the second one we had two guys there to recover it and neither made a play on it. Is that on coaches or players? I also recall NDSU and SIU doing the same thing but I guess they are so much smarter then our coaches when they use it and when we use the same strategy. Oh and we did kick one deep into the wind - we missed two open field tackles for about a 15 yard gain but how did that work out for the team?
      The time out called by the offense (I believe the only one they used the whole half) came after Hubert was down on the ground and slow to get up. The play clock starts running and how do they know if Hubert is staying in or not. He looked like he was staying then got up and went to the sideline. You have to get substitutions in and your play calls are different with 4 WR's and 3 WR's on the field.

What would you do in both those situations?

Comment

Originally posted by FeistyRedheadAZ View Post
        Hey did anyone catch the post game interview? I am looking for a link to it.

Just know that a bunch of us in AZ were cheering loud for the Jacks

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2
        If you follow TV's twitter, the post game interviews are posted there now.

Sweet punt return by JeRon. Bet there's at least one proud mom watching that play bust loose. Sure made this NYC guy happy to see the special teams make a HUGE play!

Congrats to JeRon, and to the whole Jacks team. Lucky to get the W, but without plays like the punt return, Jacks would not pulled the W.

As Farley stated in his post game remarks this game came down to 2 plays, the punt return, and missed UNI FG as time expired. Breaks went to the Jacks. Hope to see those breaks continue to go the Jacks' way. And enjoying the workmanship of the team to make those breaks happen.

Comment

On the game winning TD pass in OT, I am 99% certain that Sumner audibled that route to Hubert with a pre-snap tap to his facemask.

Well done son. Way to get back off the mat after your INT!

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
            Crowd of only 7900.
            Absolutely disgusting, but 100% expected. If we want our program to become a "championship football" program, we need to become Championship fans.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
              Absolutely disgusting, but 100% expected. If we want our program to become a "championship football" program, we need to become Championship fans.
              Us 8K fans are going to look pretty silly sitting in a 18K stadium in a couple of years.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                That can be true to an extent. In order to get those casual fans in training there needs to be a program that earns the casual fan to the seat. Today was not a great example of that great football game, but it was a game that was not given up in the end. That is a step forward. Watching the young Huber man take a beating and keep on ticking was worth the price of admission. He wanted to succeed. He even took some hits to the head by defenders(forearms) and maintained possession all but once of the three forearms. He even took a monster hit legal hit and held onto the ball. This was an impressive day for this young man.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

What a difference protection makes. There were a lot of times Sumner had all day to throw. I had gotten so used to watching him get sacked or flushed out of the pocket that it was nerve racking watching him have time to make a throw.

I can't believe UNI's QB missed three wide open TD passes in overtime. He is going to have nightmares about those for a long time. I'm not going to pretend to know who has coverage on the middle of the field, but we left it open all day long.

That was a fun game to watch. Because of Junior football playoffs in the dome, there were lots of unused season tickets being handed out for free today. I was able to take all of my kids and they had a blast. My youngest son proclaimed it as the greatest game he has ever seen! I wouldn't go that far, but it was a fun one to watch.

As far as the crowd, it was disappointing, but it ALWAYS happens this time of year. I don't know what the solution is to get more people to the games (other than being absolutely studly on the field), but we need to try something radical. The local high schools like to have the area little kid dance teams perform at half time of their basketball games. That brings their parents and their admissions into the gym. Maybe invite some local marching bands or something to share the field with the pride at halftime, or before the game, or just the stands during the game. The parents would show up to support their kid and the Pride could do some recruiting for themselves and the university?
                  One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

I got my money's worth today and then some, even though I left before the winning TD. I just could not take the pressure of watching another defeat.
                    I am especially proud to see JaRyan Butler's punt return score. This was a big part of the game. Putting him on special teams as a punt returner was a good move. Anyone going to take credit for that move? I will.

Trevor Wesley seems to continue to have problems hanging on to his catches. I think just a little more confidence in himself is the answer. He is a very good player who will make some dandy catches before his career ends.

Jason Schnieder is our man, another great effort today. I think this was a team effort. We hung on to beat a team that is 4 plays away from being undefeated.

Comment

• Re: GDT: SDSU vs UNI

Originally posted by DakJacks View Post
                      What is your deal against the coaching staff? Even though I am still fairly new and have missed the last couple of games I have not seen much positive out of your posts all year.
                      Right on DakJacks!! I am at all of the games, so I can't read the board until afterwards. But it is always entertaining (?) to read the "stupid calls...stupid coaches...players didn't want to win" etc. etc. comments. UNI is a very good team, and this is only the second time we have beaten them. I sure would have liked to see more wins this year, but we didn't do it. We've just come off of two years in a row in the playoffs, and yet the world is ending and we need a new coaching staff because we haven't lived up to (some) expectations. Couldn't possibly be that the expectations might have been a little too high. Maybe like UNI's 4th place ranking in the first released polls? I believe fans put way too much emphasis on polls, which are often nothing more than guesstimates. Both SDSU and UNI have had disappointing seasons to this point...but I liked Coach Farley's comments when in response to a reporter's question on how they could possibly keep going this season since they keep losing. He responded (and I paraphrase), we have a good team and we played a good team today. We may have been snake bitten, but I'm proud of our team and the way they are playing...and we will just keep doing our best in the games ahead.

Comment

Some good some bad so good exectution and bad on both sides of the ball. A win is a win is a win. I will take it. Plenty of issues to still figure out but butler on punt return is about the best change the coaches have made all year. The clock management at the end of the game seemed to be the biggest glaring concern that jumps out at me.

Also I don't think its fair to say all the fans who left early to suck it since my wife being 8 months pregnant and getting very uncomfortable sitting for long so she went to the car to walk and recline since those pads don't really provide great comfort or support.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          Some good some bad so good exectution and bad on both sides of the ball. A win is a win is a win. I will take it. Plenty of issues to still figure out but butler on punt return is about the best change the coaches have made all year. The clock management at the end of the game seemed to be the biggest glaring concern that jumps out at me.

Also I don't think its fair to say all the fans who left early to suck it since my wife being 8 months pregnant and getting very uncomfortable sitting for long so she went to the car to walk and recline since those pads don't really provide great comfort or support.
                          It's pretty obvious there are exceptions.....or maybe it's not obvious.....
                          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                            It's pretty obvious there are exceptions.....or maybe it's not obvious.....
                            Its cool. Just giving you a hard time. You used caps so figured you must have really meant it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                              Right on DakJacks!! I am at all of the games, so I can't read the board until afterwards. But it is always entertaining (?) to read the "stupid calls...stupid coaches...players didn't want to win" etc. etc. comments. UNI is a very good team, and this is only the second time we have beaten them. I sure would have liked to see more wins this year, but we didn't do it. We've just come off of two years in a row in the playoffs, and yet the world is ending and we need a new coaching staff because we haven't lived up to (some) expectations. Couldn't possibly be that the expectations might have been a little too high. Maybe like UNI's 4th place ranking in the first released polls? I believe fans put way too much emphasis on polls, which are often nothing more than guesstimates. Both SDSU and UNI have had disappointing seasons to this point...but I liked Coach Farley's comments when in response to a reporter's question on how they could possibly keep going this season since they keep losing. He responded (and I paraphrase), we have a good team and we played a good team today. We may have been snake bitten, but I'm proud of our team and the way they are playing...and we will just keep doing our best in the games ahead.
                              Really?

Comment

Regarding attendance, I'm just not sure what the solution is. Personally, I consider the NDSU, UNI, and USD games as the "marquee" games every 2 years. It just baffles me that we only get 7900 today....and it wasn't even that cold!

Rather than continue to wine about this, I feel like I need to get involved to try and change the culture of our fans. I want to stand up and make a difference. If anyone has any ideas on how to get this rolling - probably starting next year with home game #1 - PM me. It's time to fix this.

Comment

Working...
                                X