X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Next Year

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I can see your football season doing that to you.
    Yeah. You need a half-dozen or so .500 seasons in a row, to re-calibrate your sensibilities to Earth-normal.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      As long as the medical staff says he was fine to return and was within the rules of the game, i see no issue since the player said he was fine to go back in.
      Oh come on.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        Oh come on.
        Ahh yeah. Players come out of games for a variety of injuries possible concussions or leg or anything that once the medical staff and ath trainers check um if they say they are fine to return I don't see how that's a problem and if the rules don't inhibit aplayer from returning to the game due to being injured what's wrong with the coach putting um back in. Its not the situation of the coach directly going over the advice of the medical staff to put a playback in.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I think part of this whole issue is the time frame. 5 years ago was light years from now in regards to how teams handle head injuries. If that game was played this season Berry is out at least for the game. But, back then "getting your bell rung" was just apart of the game. In hindsight, knowing what we now know, it probably wasn't the right decision. It is revisionist history to go back and use something like that as a cornerstone for the "he's a bad guy" argument.
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
            I think part of this whole issue is the time frame. 5 years ago was light years from now in regards to how teams handle head injuries. If that game was played this season Berry is out at least for the game. But, back then "getting your bell rung" was just apart of the game. In hindsight, knowing what we now know, it probably wasn't the right decision. It is revisionist history to go back and use something like that as a cornerstone for the "he's a bad guy" argument.
            Concussions were a big deal then as well, don't kid yourself. I do agree it is taken even more serious now, though.

Comment

Concussions were a big deal then as well, don't kid yourself. I do agree it is taken even more serious now, though.
              So your arguement should be that the medical staff and ath trainers cleared him since they should be more aware of concussion risks and the effects on player safety if he came back.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Concessions have always been a big deal, that's not what I am saying. It is how they have been handled by team doctors that has changed over the years.

Using the standards of today there probably isn't any way he gets back in the game. But using today's benchmarks to judge something 5 years ago is, at least, unfair to the doctors and staff. It would be like punishing me in 2018 for driving 75 on the interstate today if they change the speed limit to 65 in 5 years.

Is Stig as "perfect" as some would like? Probably not. Just like Bohl isn't as "bad" as some would like.

Of course I would trade that win in Fargo 5 years ago in a heartbeat for one in the playoffs this year.
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

So your arguement should be that the medical staff and ath trainers cleared him since they should be more aware of concussion risks and the effects on player safety if he came back.
                  Not at all. Stig is the top dog. He gets all the glory and all the blame. No way the med staff volunteered him to play. Common knowledge at the time was you don't put a player back in a game after suffering a concussion. It is ludicrous to argue otherwise. Stig put a game/win over a players well being. There is absolutely no way around this. Would he do it again? I'm guessing not.

Comment

Not at all. Stig is the top dog. He gets all the glory and all the blame. No way the med staff volunteered him to play. Common knowledge at the time was you don't put a player back in a game after suffering a concussion. It is ludicrous to argue otherwise. Stig put a game/win over a players well being. There is absolutely no way around this. Would he do it again? I'm guessing not.
                    I would say it is time for a committee to be formed for this event. TAB is invited to report back with the findings 11/01/2018. The point has been dulled to the level of boredom previously mentioned.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                      I would say it is time for a committee to be formed for this event. TAB is invited to report back with the findings 11/01/2018. The point has been dulled to the level of boredom previously mentioned.
                      Yes. I agree. The guys that have argued with me have been proven wrong. Only way to save face is to say you are bored. Yes, good strategy. Let's see how it works out for them, Cotton.

Comment

Sorry your still wrong if the medical staff said he couldn't play stig would not have have put him in. He isn't a dr who decides those things. The drs would have to clear him to return to the game regardless what the head coach wants.

Comment

Sorry your still wrong if the medical staff said he couldn't play stig would not have have put him in. He isn't a dr who decides those things. The drs would have to clear him to return to the game regardless what the head coach wants.
                          A medical doctor would be taking a terrible risk allowing a player to play who was showing signs of a concussion...who has the final say,i don't know,and what was said between Stig and the medical staff ,also don't know.Therefore,i can't judge,and won't.

Comment

Where is JackMD when we really need him. Seems like alluded to be indisposed attending some professional meetings. It's a shame work gets in the way.

Comment

Wow...I will remember this whenever you guys come down on Bohl. Hypocrites. Yes, you shall be the SDSU Hippos...and now not just because of your cheerleaders.

I just love how silly goon is. Stig wouldn't do this, or Stig wouldn't do that. Well son, Stig did do it. Stig put a guy in harms way. Stig put a boy in that should have been sidelined because he didn't want to put in a third string qb. Stig made a bad call.

Comment

Wow...I will remember this whenever you guys come down on Bohl. Hypocrites. Yes, you shall be the SDSU Hippos...and now not just because of your cheerleaders.

I just love how silly goon is. Stig wouldn't do this, or Stig wouldn't do that. Well son, Stig did do it. Stig put a guy in harms way. Stig put a boy in that should have been sidelined because he didn't want to put in a third string qb. Stig made a bad call.
                                Sigh. Stig didn't force him to play or override the medical staff unless you have proof. Besides isn't any player who said he was ok and volantarily wants to go back in putting him self in harms regardless of what a coach says? I don't recall any of your sources that said berry was advised to not return and stig forced him to come back into the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X