Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I love it. "Terribly boring" is ...
    I think you Mean Terry-bly boring.

Comment

• Re: Next Year

Originally posted by slosho View Post
      I think you Mean Terry-bly boring.
      I see what you did there!

I can't even begin to imagine how uncomfortable this thread would make Coach Stig if he saw it.

I guarantee you he doesn't see himself as any better, holier, morally superior or any of that than Coach Bohl or anybody else. And I bet he doesn't want anybody else to think that he is, or that he himself thinks that he is.

I'm pretty sure he'd admit he's made mistakes throughout his life (perhaps even by letting Berry back into the game, perhaps not, I don't know) and will continue to do so as he is human just like the rest of us.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        I don't care how Stig runs his program behind the scenes. What's on the field doesn't impress me.
        Stig's student athletes graduate and generally don't get trouble. That matters... not just to the athletic program, but to the entire university.

By all accounts, Coach Bohl is also a good guy and has an excellent graduation rate. His players have, from time to time, gotten into trouble and made the university look bad. That could be a few bad apples, or it could be living in a larger city, or some combination. Who knows? The vast majority of Bohl's players graduate and behave themselves.

As an educator, that silly "behind-the-scenes" stuff matters to me. Both of these guys do a good job of getting kids graduated. Ultimately, isn't that the point?
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
          Stig's student athletes graduate and generally don't get trouble. That matters... not just to the athletic program, but to the entire university.

By all accounts, Coach Bohl is also a good guy and has an excellent graduation rate. His players have, from time to time, gotten into trouble and made the university look bad. That could be a few bad apples, or it could be living in a larger city, or some combination. Who knows? The vast majority of Bohl's players graduate and behave themselves.

As an educator, that silly "behind-the-scenes" stuff matters to me. Both of these guys do a good job of getting kids graduated. Ultimately, isn't that the point?
          I agree on the college level, when there is state, private and corporate money going to teams and paying salaries and scholarships there has to be some of decorum. However on the pro level it is less of a concern to me what players and coaches do and don’t do. I’m sure the cities where the team is from care to some degree depending on community outreach etc, there has to be some internal accountability for players and coaches actions since someone else signs their paycheck. Plus both coaches Stig and Bohl are wise to stay on the up and up way from anything the NCAA might think necessary to delve into which would be very unpleasant for anyone involved.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

http://bkasten225.blogspot.com/2008/11/ryan-berry.html

http://www.brookingsregister.com/V2_...y_id=3534&pa..

I know, I know...I'm a liar. I said I was done. I'm sure these two links mean nothing though.

Comment

http://bkasten225.blogspot.com/2008/11/ryan-berry.html

http://www.brookingsregister.com/V2_...y_id=3534&pa..

I know, I know...I'm a liar. I said I was done. I'm sure these two links mean nothing though.

In the second link, Berry says he was Ok to go back in but didnt know if he was ready to play. Because he hadnt warmed up. Nothing about him not being ready to play because he had a concussion.

And the first link is one guys opinion. Kind of like one guys opinion on this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                In the second link, Berry says he was Ok to go back in but didnt know if he was ready to play. Because he hadnt warmed up. Nothing about him not being ready to play because he had a concussion.

And the first link is one guys opinion. Kind of like one guys opinion on this thread.
                Oh, I didn't know a player had the final say after suffering a concussion in a game. My bad.

I was asked for a link. I provided a link proving Berry had a concussion and played in the same game after getting a concussion. Concussions do not go away in an hour or two. I have proven my point. I can't believe you even tried to refute this. Wow.

Comment

Oh, I didn't know a player had the final say after suffering a concussion in a game. My bad.

I was asked for a link. I provided a link proving Berry had a concussion and played in the same game after getting a concussion. Concussions do not go away in an hour or two. I have proven my point. I can't believe you even tried to refute this. Wow.
                  Are you still mad you guys lost that game?
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post

What highly competitive athlete isn't going to say they are "good to go". One of the biggest issues athletic trainers, doctors, coaches etc. face with concussed athletes is the under reporting of symptoms.

*done with this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                      What highly competitive athlete isn't going to say they are "good to go". One of the biggest issues athletic trainers, doctors, coaches etc. face with concussed athletes is the under reporting of symptoms.

*done with this thread.
                      As long as the medical staff says he was fine to return and was within the rules of the game, i see no issue since the player said he was fine to go back in. Obviously the rules have changed for good reasons now but its not like he overruled the medical staff to try to put a player in harms way just to win the game. Now if Stig went over the medical staff who advised him to not return i would have a problem with that, but that doesnt seem to be the case here. At least he found an article about it besides just his opinion.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

And i cant believe you are arguing with a bunch of rabbit fans, all by yourself, about something that happened 5 yrs ago. I really could care less what happened. Its just fun getting you all worked up.

Comment

This whole discussion is so stupid, (I've started them too) trying to determine who has the higher morals, Stig or Bohl. Stig and staff probably erred, in letting Berry back in, oh well. Bohl, probably should have better control of his players, oh well. Both, seemed to me from the outside to be pretty decent guys, Bohl has had more success on the field, Stig maybe more off the field, who knows for sure. I do know it would be nice for the Jacks to get one more shot at the mighty Bison though this year, and they've got to win out to have any chance of doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
                            This whole discussion is so stupid, (I've started them too) trying to determine who has the higher morals, Stig or Bohl. Stig and staff probably erred, in letting Berry back in, oh well. Bohl, probably should have better control of his players, oh well. Both, seemed to me from the outside to be pretty decent guys, Bohl has had more success on the field, Stig maybe more off the field, who knows for sure. I do know it would be nice for the Jacks to get one more shot at the mighty Bison though this year, and they've got to win out to have any chance of doing it.
                            Please don't take this as me saying who has higher morals...that was not my point at all. I just pointed out that Stig hasn't been perfect. I got called out on even that, and had to prove myself. I don't need any help from other Bison fans...and frankly, it probably would have gone worse for me with help...if you know what I mean.

Comment

Actually, come to think of it, I think I have shut down a thread or two due to boredom.

I've got that "moody" reputation to live down to, after all.
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I can see your football season doing that to you.

Comment

Working...
                                X