Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HOBO DAY GDT

Originally posted by goon View Post
    If running a vanilla offense we struggle with, what makes you think we can open the playbook and execute it any better?

Yet as predictable as we are we still make mind blowing calls. Late with under 2 to go just need 2 yards to get a 1st down to move the chains and keep the drive going somehow the best running back in fcs doesn't get a touch. Mind boggeling.
    If we can't move the football on offense,it's not because of the offensive line not doing their job all the time either....we have to do better as a whole...not just small pieces of the puzzle,one wk it's this,next week it's that...we need a better, complete package...or we could be a dollar short or a minute late all the rest of the year.
    True,i'm probably over-reacting to one game,but,we've had struggles each game this yr,except for Butler.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
      Like running on 3rd and 11 on our very first possession? Brilliant that was.
      Yep and passing on 3rd and 4th down with 2 yards when we didn't need a big play just a 1st and we have zz and had them on their heels.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Vanilla offense may be a problem for some, but the defense missed some key players and many tackles. Only late in the game did we see some great defense come to the field.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
          Vanilla offense may be a problem for some, but the defense missed some key players and many tackles. Only late in the game did we see some great defense come to the field.
          The D did not force a punt until (at least) some point in the 3rd quarter yet it is the offense everyone is fixated on. We have played decent defense in one of the five "real" games this season. That's what gets my attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
            The D did not force a punt until (at least) some point in the 3rd quarter yet it is the offense everyone is fixated on. We have played decent defense in one of the five "real" games this season. That's what gets my attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
            Understandable but seems with out looking into stats we haven't sustained drives enough or won the field position battle. Even if the O doesn't score moving the ball and forcing the other team to make long drives. And maybe they are doing that but just doesn't feel that way.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Maybe the team should focus more on "doing the right thing" then getting hyped up over new color uniforms. Also 11K if I heard right for hobo day attendance is rather pathetic and we as fans sure didn't do our part to cheer um on. No cheering or noise from the crowd and the deep sure didn't look fired up or play like they were trying to go 1-0.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                Like running on 3rd and 11 on our very first possession? Brilliant that was.
                Or being behind by 10 with 6 minutes to go 2nd and 1.. we are driving passing the ball and we run down 10 points... fumble by zenner and first down SIU... We were lucky they fumbled it right back... We had our chances again... 3rd quarter we have our slot WR going into the end zone beating db by 2 yards- ball under thrown which was a shock as every other ball seems to be over thrown and then broken up on an apparent pass interference.. 4th down and Tight end fumbles again for the 2nd week in a row... Huge play! Their )-Line dominated our Dline.. Close to 200 yards rushing on that field which was simply an embarassment. How bout taking a million of the 12.5 donation and get ur done!!! Players from our team and opponents deserve much better... We need to run the table.. Won't be easy but can be done... I have a small amount of faith left.. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  Maybe the team should focus more on "doing the right thing" then getting hyped up over new color uniforms. Also 11K if I heard right for hobo day attendance is rather pathetic and we as fans sure didn't do our part to cheer um on. No cheering or noise from the crowd and the deep sure didn't look fired up or play like they were trying to go 1-0.
                  Agree on all counts. I literally laughed out loud in the 4th when the crowd was silent then winston came on the screen "everyone get loud" and some people got loud...It's sad the fans need to be spoon fed like that. "oh yeah, we're at a football game, we can cheer."

Also, trying to be loud when we're on O has been baffling me as well...the place should be dead quiet when we break huddle.

Very discouraged about the team and the fans right now.
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                    Team loss--neither defense nor offense was good enough today to win.
                    What bothered me the most was that the entire team came out flat. After getting pounded last week and going into a must win game on Hobo Day, I thought the Jacks would come out with fire in their eyes. Instead,SIU controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Sitting behind the Salukis bench, they showed more emotion throughout the game. And playing that clip of the final play of last year's game on the video board didn't help. You could almost see the hair rise on both the players and coaches necks.

Comment

Can anyone explain to me what the heck the coaches were thinking on our last kickoff?

SIU had a 15 yard penalty tacked on after the extra point so we were kicking off from the 50 yard line. Why the heck didn't we try an onside kick there? The worst that could happen is they recover the ball on around their 35 yard line. Instead our kicker goes deep and kicks it through the uprights and gives them the ball on the 25????? At the very least we could have tried a popup kick like we've been all season...

Also the end of the first half we decided to pooch kick it to their front line? 20 yards and they would have had an easy FG.

The special teams were an absolute disaster again today. It's so frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                        Can anyone explain to me what the heck the coaches were thinking on our last kickoff?

SIU had a 15 yard penalty tacked on after the extra point so we were kicking off from the 50 yard line. Why the heck didn't we try an onside kick there? The worst that could happen is they recover the ball on around their 35 yard line. Instead our kicker goes deep and kicks it through the uprights and gives them the ball on the 25????? At the very least we could have tried a popup kick like we've been all season...

Also the end of the first half we decided to pooch kick it to their front line? 20 yards and they would have had an easy FG.

The special teams were an absolute disaster again today. It's so frustrating.
                        No kidding. I said the same thing that on the kickoff would be great to try the onside kick but also said stig wouldn't try it and just trust his defense. That was my though great chance to get the ball back and not really affect field position.

Comment

Originally posted by common sense rabbit View Post
                          ... Close to 200 yards rushing on that field which was simply an embarassment. How bout taking a million of the 12.5 donation and get ur done!!! Players from our team and opponents deserve much better... We need to run the table..
                          Isn't field turf part of the new stadium plan?

I find it amusing when people start making suggestions on how to spend someone else's donation.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                            I was willing to give the 'rabbits the benefit of the doubt vs Nebraska and NDSU, but that pretty much solidifies that, we are not a top 25 team.
                            Agreed

Comment

I am certain it was not a pooch kick to their front line. I bet it was a squib kick that hit a front line guy which happens all the time.

I like the deep kick after the TD. keep the momentum, make sure we start the defense with a base situation and play defense. What is wrong with that? From what I watched on the condensed version the pooch kick against SE Lousiana was kicked almost to perfection and look what happened. Play the right cards and leave it in the hands of your defense. That is the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                                Isn't field turf part of the new stadium plan?

I find it amusing when people start making suggestions on how to spend someone else's donation.
                                I'm guessing the poster means sooner rather than later in regards to field turf.

Comment

Working...
                                X