HOBO DAY GDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HOBO DAY GDT

2 minutes to go. 2nd and 2, 3rd and 2, 4th and 2. ZZ, no touches. What a joke. Eidsness needs his head examined. Stupid
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Also, fans that leave with 4 minutes to go. That's BS. Is Brookings that big you need to beat traffic as we're trying to make a comeback. That's awful.

Comment

All I can say is frownface,

Comment

Also, Trevor Wesley needs to be fired from punt return. He's awful. He screwed us 2 times today. Unbelievable. I'm so pissed off right now at the mistakes we made all day. Just unacceptable.

Edit: my last 3 posts are negative. I don't care. How the F(28 do you lose like that on Hobo Day. Coaches and players need to reexamine this season.

Comment

Well the refs sure didn't do us any favors either. Sure looked like we got called 2 or 3 times on questionable pass interference but siu had 3 that were no calls and looked like what we got called on.

Our play calling is just awful. All we need is. 1st down 2 yards to go and zz donest get a carry. Unexcusable. Summner over throws his wrs by 5 yards on most of the deep balls.

The D has to get better still making same mistakes. To me that's a coaching issue.

I don't want to mentional special teams but I will. Failed to make a catchable punt around th 10 so downed on the 3. Kicks balls out of bounds with the wind to give the ball on 35. Blocked fg. Atleast had to back late to field the punt wesley maybe waves fair catch on a returnable ball. Moore needs to praise the good lord above stig is a loyal guy and he hasn't lost his job yet.

Mental mistakes all around. Questionable play calling. Poor exectution. Seems the talk of being highly ranked and rumors of a new stadium went to their heads. I really hope we drop out of the top 25 now. Better not hear any players coaches or media talk about the playoffs unless we luckily run the table. Very disapointing.

Oh and usd is ahead of us in the confrence now. Which I'm not sure we will win that game in verm. I really have my doubts.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Here's a simple fact: We're just not a very good football team. From the coaches on down. Period.
              Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Glad that we have a record setting QB but don't use him unless it's third down or behind 10 points.

Comment

Originally posted by mmiller_34 View Post
                  Glad that we have a record setting QB but don't use him unless it's third down or behind 10 points.
                  Sumner missed enough today to make me understand who he is. It's not who we want him to be. Terrible misses on some of those throws.

Comment

Over-throwing receivers, though, is an ongoing problem. A big one. Probably cost us two touchdowns today alone. No exaggeration.
                    Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                      Here's a simple fact: We're just not a very good football team. From the coaches on down. Period.
                      It was obvious our D-line wasn't getting it done with 4 and our linebackers were nowhere to be seen. And I should have paid attention to who the D-back was that got burned. Horrible play on D today.

The offense was really not any better.

I'd really like to not say anything about the special teams but why, why, why do we have so much trouble with punt returns!!!!!! The punt could have easily been fair caught but NOOOOOOOOO, let's have it roll down to the 2 yard line.
                      Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                        2 minutes to go. 2nd and 2, 3rd and 2, 4th and 2. ZZ, no touches. What a joke. Eidsness needs his head examined. Stupid
                        That series made me crazy. I realize time is running out,but we have to get the freaking first down!Run ZZ for 2 yds. for goodness sake!

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                          That series made me crazy. I realize time is running out,but we have to get the freaking first down!Run ZZ for 2 yds. for goodness sake!
                          Over left guard was vacated on 3rd and 4th. An inside zone or iso over left guard would have got the yards and probably more. Who the hell is watching in the booth? Does Sumner not have the capability to audible? I don't think he does.

Comment

I was willing to give the 'rabbits the benefit of the doubt vs Nebraska and NDSU, but that pretty much solidifies that, we are not a top 25 team.
                            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Team loss--neither defense nor offense was good enough today to win.
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Well as for the 2nd game I have seen not much better then the first one last week. I think the biggest thing on our football team is we do not have guys that can step up and make plays consistently outside of Zenner and he has 2 fumbles today (lost one). We have WR's that can not get open and when they are usually Sumner is getting pressured and we cant get a pass off or he misses them high. On the defensive side if we cant get to the QB (3 weeks in a row) we do not have anyone in the secondary that can step up and make a play on a thrown ball.

Special teams is another thing. In the two games I have watched I feel its the same thing. Our pre-season all american kicker who has only missed one in over a year kicks a ball that hits our OL's back. Trevor Wesley even when not his ball to catch still makes a mistake. I talked to Coach Stig after the game and he said he is going to address that with the punt return coach, Coach Christenson, tomorrow. Everyone always talks about Moore being the special teams coach, yes he is, but I asked Stig two weeks ago what does that still mean and what is the deal with them. He said each coach has control over a certain unit. For instance Jimmy Rogers/Clint Brown have control of the KO team. Jay Christensen does the punt return. He said all the special teams coordinator really does is make sure the kickers/snappers have a practice plan for practice which was the case when I played also so nothing has changed even when we were better. He says that is his way of emphasizing special teams to the team by having each coach be in charge of some unit.

Until we have a fully funded program and people kick in money we will not have just a special teams coach. Each coach takes a unit and some weeks we may be good and some we may be bad. It is just like having position coaches. Each coach is responsible for their own part of offense, defense, and special teams. We need to open up the playbooks more in my opinion and stretch the field on offense and movements on defense.

Well off for the long night ahead.

Comment

Working...
                                X