Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HOBO DAY GDT

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
    Over left guard was vacated on 3rd and 4th. An inside zone or iso over left guard would have got the yards and probably more. Who the hell is watching in the booth? Does Sumner not have the capability to audible? I don't think he does.
    I saw him check off last week against the Bison. He promptly took a sack.

Comment

I'm not going to say anything negative,I think everyone else is doing a fine job without me....valid points made

Comment

Well, that promise didn't last long,as i did notice one time the Salukies seemed to know Zach was going to get a hand off,as two secondary guys came running up to the line of scrimmage right before or during the snap,and he went for no gain.

That 3rd and short that ended up a mass of humanity in the middle of the field,it didn't seem they were worried about that play going anywhere other than where it went.
        Whoever said we need to open up the playbook a little was exactly right.

We're way too predictable in certain situations,and yes,it's also a perfect example of no matter how well you execute,if they know what you're going to do,it's not going to work out
        Thats old school thinking,unless you've got a back that can run through two guys and drag another for first down yardage .Thats not Zach,he needs a hole.

Keep 'em guessing
        Last edited by jackdaniel; 10-05-2013, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
          Well, that promise didn't last long,as i did notice one time the Salukies seemed to know Zach was going to get a hand off,as two secondary guys came running up to the line of scrimmage right before or during the snap,and he went for no gain.
          Where did they learn that? I bet they watched the NDSU VS SDSU tape. With mixed emotions I left CAS today. I felt great about the announced major gifts, but our play left much to be desired.
          Last edited by Nidaros; 10-05-2013, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
            It was obvious our D-line wasn't getting it done with 4 and our linebackers were nowhere to be seen. And I should have paid attention to who the D-back was that got burned. Horrible play on D today.

The offense was really not any better.

I'd really like to not say anything about the special teams but why, why, why do we have so much trouble with punt returns!!!!!! The punt could have easily been fair caught but NOOOOOOOOO, let's have it roll down to the 2 yard line.
            Now hold on a minute here. Nowhere to be seen? Wasn't Elmore the one with a pick 6? He was also the one that got burned on a bad matchup with a slot WR... That's the coaches fault.

On the punt return inside the 10, that kid did exactly what we all wanted him to do. Stand on the 10 and if it goes over your head, let it go, which is exactly what he did! It was just a great punt.

Are you sure you were at the Jacks game today or is that the booze talkin?

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
              That series made me crazy. I realize time is running out,but we have to get the freaking first down!Run ZZ for 2 yds. for goodness sake!
              We really had plenty of time to run the ball. We had a timeout left And clock would stop if we get a first down

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                Now hold on a minute here. Nowhere to be seen? Wasn't Elmore the one with a pick 6? He was also the one that got burned on a bad matchup with a slot WR... That's the coaches fault.

On the punt return inside the 10, that kid did exactly what we all wanted him to do. Stand on the 10 and if it goes over your head, let it go, which is exactly what he did! It was just a great punt.

I agree with you,except on the stand on the 10....this is a perfect example where not everyone is on the same page,if you're going to let it go,you have to block out the guys who can get to it before it gets over the goal line....one part of the equation is there,but the others not,so the whole things messed up....same as punt returner who's not making the catch calling for a fair catch....what?This is stuff the coaches have to make sure everyone knows what to do or not do.
                I read an article on this stuff,where the guy said you have to practice this stuff as a whole team once in awhile,not do it piece meal,to get it all right....maybe we do, maybe we don't,don't know,but i agree with this author .
                Last edited by jackdaniel; 10-05-2013, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Except the ball landed on the 12 and he was within range to field the punt. It wasn't even close to over his head.
                  "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                  "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post

That 3rd and short that ended up a mass of humanity in the middle of the field,it didn't seem they were worried about that play going anywhere other than where it went.
                    Whoever said we need to open up the playbook a little was exactly right.

We're way too predictable in certain situations,and yes,it's also a perfect example of no matter how well you execute,if they know what you're going to do,it's not going to work out

Keep 'em guessing
                    If running a vanilla offense we struggle with, what makes you think we can open the playbook and execute it any better?

Yet as predictable as we are we still make mind blowing calls. Late with under 2 to go just need 2 yards to get a 1st down to move the chains and keep the drive going somehow the best running back in fcs doesn't get a touch. Mind boggeling.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Except the ball landed on the 12 and he was within range to field the punt. It wasn't even close to over his head.
                      I thought it landed on the 7 or 8. We need a booth review!

Who was the guy berating stig at the end of the game? Couldn't hear what he was saying but he had stigs attention. I think #80 told him to shut his trap.

Dana Dykhouse = not a fan of our special teams, like the rest of us! He was very vocal - loved it!

To the fans who left when we were down 10 with 7 and change to go with all 3 timeouts - don't bother coming back. We don't need you.

Crowd was dead until the 4th. We have GOT to find a way to change the culture of our fans. Such a whine and cheese crowd. And this was Hobo Day!

It appears more and more that Sumner is not the quarterback we all want him to be. Very sobering.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

Yet as predictable as we are we still make mind blowing calls.
                        Like running on 3rd and 11 on our very first possession? Brilliant that was.

Comment

I stand by that comment. To me, it seemed the linebackers were getting swallowed up by the line during run plays. Couldn't stop runs inside or outside. We aren't getting the pressure with 4 defensive lineman, we don't blitz, and we don't even cover a wide open receiver who just happens to drop the ball (everyone in the stands saw the back go in motion but I guess no one on our team did because no one moved over to cover him). How many missed tackles did the team have? The tackling was horrible.

The punt was straight across from where I was sitting so you can't tell me it was over his head. He would have caught it around the 14 yard line. After the play, he goes to the ref to complain to him. The ref had nothing to do with that play.
                          Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Is this the same #80 that called a fair-catch when he wasn't going to catch the punt??? Wow...never seen that one but wasn't even an bit surprised by it.
                            Last edited by propar80; 10-05-2013, 07:41 PM.
                            SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

I don't know what to say. I really like our offense on paper, but it seems like we run the same play with Zenner. He used to break them for big gains, but he hasn't as often lately. I've watched Sumner enough to expect more from the passing game. Usually, the receivers don't get any separation, but when they do he has been off. He almost never missed those guys in high school and during his freshman year. I want to say, put more guys into routes, but we can't seem to give him much time as it is. If we keep more guys in, we still get sacked. WTF?

I wasn't as sold on the defense coming into the season. I figured they would struggle some, but man, they are REALLY struggling. I was counting on the linebackers to keep us above water, but they haven't lived up to what I was thinking they were. I don't know enough to know if that is their fault or what, I just expected more from them I guess.

I think we have the groundwork to be a good team, we just need a boost from somewhere that will put us over the edge. I've seen enough from both sides of the ball to know we can win most games. As a fan, I love going to the games. The crowds are a lot bigger than when I was a student, the team is better than when I was a student, and my kids get excited about going to the games. We have good people in charge and good people representing us, I trust that they can figure out what to do and do it effectively. Keep working hard and GO JACKS!
                              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

The Jacks are a little slow on offense (some of the receivers), and thin in depth on the defensive front. Chase Douglas was out today because of injury. That didn't help. A blocked field goal sure didn't help. For some reason the mucky field seemed to bother SDSU more than SIU. Can't explain that. The Jacks are few players away from being a really good team, but there's still hope for this season.
                                This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                                X