Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Hobo Day Uniforms

I like the stretch SD.

wouldn't mind seeing the rabbit on the side of a white helmet...but that's me.

Comment

I think the stretch SD is by far our best logo, especially on the football helmets. The rabbit, meh.
      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

I'd like to see a Rabbit emphasized. Jackrabbits are unique in D-I, (all college?) sports, so it can't be duplicated. Unlike STATE. Bleech!

A good idea to try to get more hunters to choose SDSU football over pheasants would be to make pheasant opener Sat game a pheasants unlimited event, and those with new pheasant licenses get in with a $5 or $10 GA rate. Seems SDSU is unique in this challenge of hunting opener vs football (D-I). Any other school that you're aware of that has issue filling the stands because they're out hunting instead?

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
          I'd like to see a Rabbit emphasized. Jackrabbits are unique in D-I, (all college?) sports, so it can't be duplicated. Unlike STATE. Bleech!

A good idea to try to get more hunters to choose SDSU football over pheasants would be to make pheasant opener Sat game a pheasants unlimited event, and those with new pheasant licenses get in with a $5 or $10 GA rate. Seems SDSU is unique in this challenge of hunting opener vs football (D-I). Any other school that you're aware of that has issue filling the stands because they're out hunting instead?
          I have to agree "State" is too generic and reminds me of John Buligi sweat shirt in Animal House which said "College".

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            I have to agree "State" is too generic and reminds me of John Buligi sweat shirt in Animal House which said "College".
            Yet was very iconic. Well we are state and truely only a few colleges refer to themselves as state compared to those that only refer to themselves as a the" U".
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
              I think the stretch SD is by far our best logo, especially on the football helmets. The rabbit, meh.
              Yup. You need something simple and visible at long distances for a helmet. The rabbit would be a yellow blob from a distance. Look at UNI's helmets, for example. Too much detail in that graphic (WIU has the same problem). Missouri State? No contrast. Looks like a flower instead of a bear from a distance. Now that they simplified the SD, you can actually read it from a distance.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                I think there is a big opportunity to do something special when we play at home on pheasant opener. If Under Armor is up for it, blaze orange uniforms from head to toe with pheasants on the helmets. Is that too much to ask?
                +1. How bout we make it an "orange out" as well?

Comment

New Hobo Day Uniforms

For the uniform crowd, and those who are for/against a black uniform option, check out the threads UCLA has on tonight in their game vs Washington. On ESPN 2 right now.

As far as I know, black isn't one of their school colors either, but the combination of their blue/gold (yellow) on the black looks fantastic. I hope something similar is our next alternate.
                  "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I still say give me a matte blue helmet. Also, wish we would do a road throwback to the blue throwbacks we wore last year against USD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

SDSU's black MBB unis are awesome and a similar football look would be dynamite too!

Just no gray! I've seen that look a bunch this year! You don't want primer gray on your car, why would you want it on a football helmet. Matte blue helmet would be cool too!

SUPERBUNNY
                      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X