New Hobo Day Uniforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Hobo Day Uniforms

Oregon consistently has the finest uniforms in college ball and consistently use black and gray despite it not being their school colors. Also, those all yellow jerseys are sick
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
      Black is my favorite Jacks jerseys by far. It's about the culture and I really hate the term traditionalist. More accurate term is that you are nostalgic

I am huge on creating a culture of SDSU for SDSU, but gotta call you out on this. Wear black is not a culture, it’s a trend. Doing the same thing over and over year after year to develop traditions is important to some, including me, wearing a different uniform color every game isn’t part of the culture of SDSU to me or a tradition, it’s a fad which will sadly be replaced with new trends/fads. The staying power of traditions over the years I don’t think should be replaced by what a few students or athletes think as "cool" which in 5 years will not be "cool" anymore. Maybe something it’s boring to have blue basketball unis, but they look sharp and actually are the school colors. To be that’s how you build a culture of SDSU.
      Maybe your referring to college sports in general as the way the culture is, but frankly, I am not that impressed just by making new style of uniforms every year. Minor changes or special occasions I don’t mind.
      Being nostalgic is when those traditions are gone, being a traditionalist here is why I view myself that way too, even though you might hate the word because maybe it’s not the fad word of the day, but the dictionary says a deep respect for tradition, especially for cultural or religious practices. Maybe saying fad is a fad, but I don’t know what people call it now, hip or whatever. Man, I am in my 30s and just made myself sound really old.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Oregon consistently has the finest uniforms in college ball and consistently use black and gray despite it not being their school colors. Also, those all yellow jerseys are sick
        This is the divergent point right here. You think Oregon has the finest uniforms in college football. I do not. Therefore, we will likely not reach an agreement on this subject.

We do agree that the all yellow combination is the better one than the yellow top/blue bottom.
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Goon, the culture I was referring to is the culture of the student-athletes, students and kids of this generation. You need to appeal to those kids first and foremost. You don't think Oregon has a tradition? They have a tradition of winning while wearing top notch jerseys.

All this tradition talk reminds of me of MLB and how they don't want to change yet wonder why their ratings are declining.
          "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

I think we have a different definition of finest. I would argue the traditional look schools with the same old unis are the finest. Alabama for football, Duke for basketball etc.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Goon, the culture I was referring to is the culture of the student-athletes, students and kids of this generation. You need to appeal to those kids first and foremost. You don't think Oregon has a tradition? They have a tradition of winning while wearing top notch jerseys.

All this tradition talk reminds of me of MLB and how they don't want to change yet wonder why their ratings are declining.
              How does alabama do it for football with those boring old helmets with numbers on um? they are not struggling to get kids. Duke basketball brings in good players but dont have the flashy court and unis like so many schools. I know we are not those schools but I would rather try to emulate those and not the baylor or oregons of the world. Oregon I would say is more trendy than traditional when it comes to sports image.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                How does alabama do it for football with those boring old helmets with numbers on um? they are not struggling to get kids. Duke basketball brings in good players but dont have the flashy court and unis like so many schools. I know we are not those schools but I would rather try to emulate those and not the baylor or oregons of the world. Oregon I would say is more trendy than traditional when it comes to sports image.
                Coaches. Coach K and Saban are the two best coaches in their respective sports. Outside of Coach K's tenure, Duke doesn't really have a significant history outside of a handful of good seasons. Alabama has a phenomenal coach, the best of the best facilities, and play in a conference that believes in an "any means necessary" style of recruiting. Alabama and Oregon are in an arms race when it comes to facilities, there is a reason Bama waited until the day after Oregon unveiled their new football building to debut their own this past August.

When it is all said and done, coaches, facilities, uniforms, and fan support are all vital in landing a recruit. Some of these are more important that others to certain recruits, but they are all important.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  I think we have a different definition of finest. I would argue the traditional look schools with the same old unis are the finest. Alabama for football, Duke for basketball etc.
                  Duke wears black jerseys. NOT a school color.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                    Duke wears black jerseys. NOT a school color.
                    I mentioned in another post minor changes or special occasions, i dont mind it but would hate if they wore black every time. The style and look of the home uni has changed very little. We need to show school colors for name recognition IMHO more then Duke does. I dont hate their black unis or our black ones, but do perfer the school color unis any day of the week.

One trend or thing I would actually like is a camo football style for a military apprecation game. like after the game jerseys are raffled for a fundraiser or something for one game to honor the military. but I am sure the camo style are not the trendy fad they once were.

Comment

I think there is a big opportunity to do something special when we play at home on pheasant opener. If Under Armor is up for it, blaze orange uniforms from head to toe with pheasants on the helmets. Is that too much to ask?
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                        I think there is a big opportunity to do something special when we play at home on pheasant opener. If Under Armor is up for it, blaze orange uniforms from head to toe with pheasants on the helmets. Is that too much to ask?
                        I like this idea!
                        Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

God please no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Comment

Rabbit,about the size of a lab,with pheasant hanging out it's mouth,on helmets

Comment

A pheasant on the helmet would make me cry "fowl." Perhaps a camo pattern would be a better idea...although I do really like the idea of some type of ears or rabbit on the helmet. Seems to me that the interlocking SD is being used less and less for the athletic side of SDSU....
                              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I would guess that the stretch SD is here to stay. They just redesigned it two years ago so it would be more readable on the helmets. I like the idea of sticking with something for the long run. Bugs me when teams change their helmet design every year and it also flies in the face of basic branding principles. Pick a symbol and stick with it.
                                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                                X