Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ndsu GDT

Gotta tip your caps to the Bison.

They play the best defense I've ever seen at the college level.

This didn't shock me...they did this to the Jacks twice last year, as well...and returned most of their defense.

We had a few chances, a few drops that could have maybe sustained some drives.

The Defense was just worn out at the end of the game. They played pretty lights out for most of the game.

Another compliment on the NDSU defense...best tackling team I've ever seen. Never once that I can remember did I see a single missed tackle (maybe sumner slipped out of a few sacks, but nothing downfield).

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
      I see the Jacks set a new attendance record today. 16,498
      And thanks to the Bison fans for breaking another record. They certainly made a lot of noise, all 12,000 of them.......

Comment

Originally posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
        Yep, you are a moron. You have no friggin' clue and you show your ignorance.

Watch the Georgia Southern playoff game last year, and the K State game this year. When you are done with that, I'll show you the Mn game from 2011 and the UNI game last year. When you are done with those, I'll show you the UNI game in 2011 and the Georgia Southern playoff game from 2011. When you are done with those, I can show you every SDSU game he has played in to see how many of those he has lost.

Good grief; time to take a break.

One other thing; in the long lore of great Bison QB's, Jensen is approaching the top with Jeff Bentrim; but your probably don't know who that is either.
        Your kidding right? You switch jensen with usd vander maten and usd still sucks. You put any other starting QB in the league and ndsu probably still runs the table. Jensen is a decently atletic game manager who has the best offensive line and D in the fcs. He is good but not a great QB. Take off your blinders might help.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I'd take Brock Jensen on my team 8 days a week...and twice on Saturdays. Not sure what some of you are smoking.
          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Not sure I liked our game plan. Ndsu D is the best D we will see all year. Much better then nebs. Our online is suppose to be a strength and they looked like a JV team trying to block the varsity guys. Actually happy with the D effort and execution for the most part.

The big thing to me is this is a coaching issue. We have scored 3 points in the last 8 qtrs against ndsu and we have a FG in the last 7 qtrs of football. Our dink and dunk offense is good enoug to beat mediocre teams but not top teams or to ever make an upset. I am not sure we are a playoff team yet. We are 3-3 in our last 6 games we lost to ndsu 2 times and neb 1 and we beat 3 ok teams.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I just really hate Ndsu football. I mean I'm glad they r awesome tho. Didn't even watch the game and I'm glad I didn't. Going to be there for Hobo Day and am expecting a good win. But let's get this practice facility done build the stadium get some great recruits and whoop on these guys in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFallsJack View Post
                In my 30 years of going to Jacks games, I have never seen a more pathetic offensive performance. The Bison D is the best I have seen......
                Curious, is the NDSU defense the best you have ever seen step on the field at CAS?

I'm actually quite surprised. I though the board will be in full meltdown....maybe that comes tomorrow.

I love my Jackrabbits, but damn, I can't get over how much NDSU's defensive line manhandled our offensive line, which was supposedly one of the best in the Valley. It was utter domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
                  Probably overstated, but fifteen a real possibility.

1. Shut out
                  2. Best player shut down.
                  3. North Dakota, which came close, was dismantled in short order by Montana State. Montana State took a similar drop last week.
                  At AGS, We're ranked #8.

#6 Montana lost vs #25 team, #10 McNeese lost to #4 team, #11 UNH lost vs #27 team, #14 JMU lost to #33 team.

The rest of the teams ranked 9 through 25 won but most weren't that impressive.

Fordham will jump us, Montana State will probably jump back into the top 10, Coastal Carolina might jump us.

It will be interesting to see where voters place Youngstown State, had they won by a greater margin they possibly could've jumped us as well, perhaps they will, and #25 Northern Arizona (big win over #6), but I'll say no. I'd be surprised if we drop more than 3 or 4 spots, I predict we'll be #11 (at AGS anyway).
                  Last edited by RowdyRabbit; 09-29-2013, 12:58 AM.
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                    I replied to the thread but it wouldn't post it. Summary - D good. O bad. ST - dumpster fire. Shannon Moore should be fired before Monday.
                    This is my first posting on here and my dad always posted while I was playing because he could not get to all the games so I have kind of learned from him. I was only a special teams guy at SDSU because of guys in front of me (which I am fine with) so this is what I watch the most and I guess understand the most. Now that I have been done playing and dont get a chance to see all the games this is where I get most of my information about how things are going. Today was the first game I have been to this year but not since I have been done playing.

I am not sure where you are getting ST was a dumpster fire and Shannon Moore should be fired before Monday. After looking at the stats on gojacks I noticed that SDSU had a better kickoff net, a better punt net, and only a half yard shorter average punt even though NDSU hit two over 55 yards and one 75. The KOR average was better and held the #2 punt returner in the conference to under half his average. So I would love to know where they were a dumpster fire today. You can say the PR for a TD but did you think that maybe that happened because of the two blocks in the back? You can also say that our punt team gave up a 35 yard return which he caught at the 3 which maybe we just out kicked our coverage. I am pretty sure he returned a big one against K-State also.

Comment

Originally posted by DakJacks View Post
                      This is my first posting on here and my dad always posted while I was playing because he could not get to all the games so I have kind of learned from him. I was only a special teams guy at SDSU because of guys in front of me (which I am fine with) so this is what I watch the most and I guess understand the most. Now that I have been done playing and dont get a chance to see all the games this is where I get most of my information about how things are going. Today was the first game I have been to this year but not since I have been done playing.

I am not sure where you are getting ST was a dumpster fire and Shannon Moore should be fired before Monday. After looking at the stats on gojacks I noticed that SDSU had a better kickoff net, a better punt net, and only a half yard shorter average punt even though NDSU hit two over 55 yards and one 75. The KOR average was better and held the #2 punt returner in the conference to under half his average. So I would love to know where they were a dumpster fire today. You can say the PR for a TD but did you think that maybe that happened because of the two blocks in the back? You can also say that our punt team gave up a 35 yard return which he caught at the 3 which maybe we just out kicked our coverage. I am pretty sure he returned a big one against K-State also.
                      I think most complaints do not revolve around the kicking/punting game, but rather the "fair catch/get the crap out of the way" game.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by DakJacks View Post

Anyone can be an arm chair QB. We got a few of them on this board. ST are not perfect as is neither the rest of the team. Thanks for you explanation.
                        Last edited by Nidaros; 09-29-2013, 05:07 AM.

Comment

After watching the press conference with the NDSU players, Mike Hardie a SD resident said that they had worked all week on stopping Zenner. This leads me to the thought: What was our offensive line working on all week? It was not about controlling the LOS, that is now apparent. So much for the new and improved O line.

I noticed too, that the defense at times was hesitant in closing in on Jensen when they had him cornered. It was like some kind of a rule where you have to see the whites of the QB eyes before you can tackle.

These are my one and only melt down comments.
                          Last edited by Nidaros; 09-29-2013, 05:06 AM.

Comment

After watching the game in person, I was actually surprised how well the defense played. They kept us in the game for 3 quarters and then in the 4th were too tired. Our O line was man-handled, hats off to the NDSU D. I wish we would throw it deep once or twice a game to soften the defense a little, although yesterday Sumner was running for his life.

Comment

Regarding Brock Jensen: When he threw passes, he was on target. When he ran, he got first downs. Being "great" isn't always about statistics (although his stats are pretty great.) Jensen wins games and doesn't make many mistakes. He's a great QB.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                                Regarding Brock Jensen: When he threw passes, he was on target. When he ran, he got first downs. Being "great" isn't always about statistics (although his stats are pretty great.) Jensen wins games and doesn't make many mistakes. He's a great QB.
                                This +++++++++. He is a ND kid from Wapheton. He was having fun with SDSU crowd, and even gave the first down sign after making one. Yes I think he is a very good QB and if you want to hang the "great" tag on its okay. Billy Turner a NFL prospect looked to be awesome yesterday. Towards the end he was opening the holes for Crockett which is more than I can say for our guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X