ndsu GDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ndsu GDT

The D played outstanding and the O was horrific. The Bison D pushed around our O-line which dictated the poor play from Sumner, although some of his misses were head scratchers. Schneider's drop was very aggravating, it effectively killed our offensive momentum. Jones drop was bad as well. It was frustrating seeing us start every drive off in the 3rd quarter with a run that we knew was going to get stuffed, which led to numerous holding calls. You can't get into a long down and distance against the Bison. Special teams weren't terrible, but we should of had 2 punt returners back...you just have to when you are playing on windy days. Also, I assume Sawyer punted to the wrong side on called back punt return. Our D did more than enough for us to win, it was especially good considering they always had their back against the wall do to our offense. The 4th quarter td's fall onto our offense, the D was just dog tired from all of their time on the field and it showed with the missed tackles.

Basically what it all comes down to is the simple fact that the Bison were the better team and kicked our butt. On to SIU and Hobo Day next week, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
      I know we Jacks fans detest the Bison, but like they did to K-State, the Bison are just a REALLY complete team. The Bison didn't do anything special, or really exceptional. They just did everything (other than stupid penalties) well. The Bison lines just OWNED the LOS on both sides. They blocked well, and created the kind of gaps, especially after wearing the Jacks down due to the TOP, for their runners. Brock Jensen is a good, but not great QB, but the guy can lead, and when he runs, he gets yards. IMHO, Bison will have to have a HUGE F'ed game to NOT repeat. Jacks are, and will be a play-off team with either a 10-2 or 9-3 record. The only team that will possibly block the Bison from stampeding to the FCS championship game is UNI. We'll have a better sense after the Bison/Panther game next week. Likewise, the only team that Jacks may lose to yet is UNI. I doubt any other team will trip up the Rabbits.

Bison are just that much better than the Jacks. That game had many of the possible breaks that could have gone the Jacks way did. My hats off to NDSU, hate that they'll be pompous about their abilities, but until somebody knocks them off, their fans have every right to be bragging.

Hope enough of the stars graduate so that next year, the Jacks can beat the Bovines back. And I sure as h e l l hope that the Jacks don't get shipped to Fargo in the 2nd round like last year, but that's a likely result of regionalization.
      The Jacks have beaten a non-schollie program, a UND team that is all sorts of terrible and a SE LA team in which it took a gazillion turnovers to get out of that one alive. We have gotten curb stomped by the Huskers and Bison. I'm not exactly ready to call this a playoff team yet.
      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

That was a fun 3 quarters. I looked at with 3:36 left in the 1st quarter, my voice was already done for.

Two 3rd and 1's in the first quarter and we didn't convert on either one of them. Ouch.

Oline got worked, Sumner missed some throws, but the recievers dropped a lot of balls as well. Just a horribly played game foe the Jacks O. Credit the Bison D.

I just can't see how that Bison team is gonna lose.

Bison UNI next weekend is gonna be a heck of a game, talk about two teams/fanbases that hate each other.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

The pistol formation read option we run is not going to work against top tier teams. It is just waaaay to slow to develop against a dline like the bison have (better than Nebraska!). Do we not have an outside sweep or toss in our playbook?

Ok, so lets pass. Our receivers are too slow so we have zero vertical game, and it doesn't help that Cam looked really banged up. So at that point against NDSU, we are not left with much.

Kudos to the defense. They were the only reason this game was close.

Clearly, NDSU has bigger, faster, stronger more athletic players, a stronger fan base, and likely better coaches.

So what are we gonna do about it? To me, waiting for their star players to graduate so they come back to the pack is a Sh...Ty way to look at it. Perhaps we'll gain a recruiting edge with the new performance center and stadium.

I am tired of losing to NDSU.

Comment

One more thing that I forgot to include that just straight pissed me off, the bad snap on the Bison punt before half....4 things could have happened, and 3 of them were good. 1. We tackle the punter and get the ball one 1st down away from FG range, 2. We block the punt and recover it(same deal as before), 3. We block the punt and return it to the house, and 4. We slow down and let them pick the ball up and punt it ruining a great scoring opportunity....unfortunately this one happened.

Comment

The positive: I was happy to see the D hold up as long as they did (considering that they were on the field practically the whole game). After the last three games I expected the bison to have 20+ points at the half. Encouraging, I guess. We'll win some more games with D like that.

The MAIN negative: the NDSU defensive line plays at a completely different level than our offensive line. That major mismatch shut down everything for us offensively. Those guys could have set up tents and lawn chairs in our backfield. Zenner barely even had time to get the ball.

The better team definitely won today. I think we will stay in the top-15 though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                I know we Jacks fans detest the Bison, but like they did to K-State, the Bison are just a REALLY complete team. The Bison didn't do anything special, or really exceptional. They just did everything (other than stupid penalties) well. The Bison lines just OWNED the LOS on both sides. They blocked well, and created the kind of gaps, especially after wearing the Jacks down due to the TOP, for their runners. Brock Jensen is a good, but not great QB, but the guy can lead, and when he runs, he gets yards. IMHO, Bison will have to have a HUGE F'ed game to NOT repeat. Jacks are, and will be a play-off team with either a 10-2 or 9-3 record. The only team that will possibly block the Bison from stampeding to the FCS championship game is UNI. We'll have a better sense after the Bison/Panther game next week. Likewise, the only team that Jacks may lose to yet is UNI. I doubt any other team will trip up the Rabbits.

Bison are just that much better than the Jacks. That game had many of the possible breaks that could have gone the Jacks way did. My hats off to NDSU, hate that they'll be pompous about their abilities, but until somebody knocks them off, their fans have every right to be bragging.

Hope enough of the stars graduate so that next year, the Jacks can beat the Bovines back. And I sure as h e l l hope that the Jacks don't get shipped to Fargo in the 2nd round like last year, but that's a likely result of regionalization.
                Guys, I know it sucks, but this is a fantastic post with tons of truth. We tried to tell you the NDSU had the best team they've ever had, and many refused to listen. You do have a very good team and I expect you will be in Fargo for another playoff game. Had a great time today, and thanks for the great hospitality for Sioux Falls folks like myself.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                  One more thing that I forgot to include that just straight pissed me off, the bad snap on the Bison punt before half....4 things could have happened, and 3 of them were good. 1. We tackle the punter and get the ball one 1st down away from FG range, 2. We block the punt and recover it(same deal as before), 3. We block the punt and return it to the house, and 4. We slow down and let them pick the ball up and punt it ruining a great scoring opportunity....unfortunately this one happened.
                  One play that pissed me off specifically, I can't remember now if it was 2nd quarter or 3rd, but it was a 3rd down and about 9 for NDSU and they ran a quick slant and our guy stood there, literally just stood there, 10 yards away and watched Brock complete the pass to the guy he was supposed to defend. I must've missed one heck of a juke move to the outside that froze him.
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

One other comment, anyone who does not think Brock Jensen is not a great QB, is a moron. He had two rings an always makes the big play.

Comment

In my 30 years of going to Jacks games, I have never seen a more pathetic offensive performance. The Bison D is the best I have seen but still the offense should show some production. Not sure what was more frustrating, Sumners poor throws or the drops by the receivers.

The defense improved by going back to the base defense but at times forgot how to tackle. Defense played great for 3 quarters till they were worn down from being on the field for most of the game.

On punt returns if we are not going to catch the ball why even put a return man in?

Comment

Originally posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
                        One other comment, anyone who does not think Brock Jensen is not a great QB, is a moron. He had two rings an always makes the big play.
                        Meh. I have always been pretty indifferent in regards to Jensen. TOB would win a ton of games with that kind of D. But what do I know.
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I see the Jacks set a new attendance record today. 16,498

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                            Meh. I have always been pretty indifferent in regards to Jensen. TOB would win a ton of games with that kind of D. But what do I know.
                            Agree.Nice player, calling him great is a stretch, guess i'm a moron. darn

Comment

Originally posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
                              Trent Dilfer has a Super Bowl ring too - just sayin. Jensen is a good game manager who is effective running the ball. That being said the Bison scored 7 points through a little over 3 quarters until the Jacks defense ran out of gas from being on the field 75% of the time. Jensen missed almost as many throws as Sumner did.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                                Agree.Nice player, calling him great is a stretch, guess i'm a moron. darn
                                Yep, you are a moron. You have no friggin' clue and you show your ignorance.

Watch the Georgia Southern playoff game last year, and the K State game this year. When you are done with that, I'll show you the Mn game from 2011 and the UNI game last year. When you are done with those, I'll show you the UNI game in 2011 and the Georgia Southern playoff game from 2011. When you are done with those, I can show you every SDSU game he has played in to see how many of those he has lost.

Good grief; time to take a break.

One other thing; in the long lore of great Bison QB's, Jensen is approaching the top with Jeff Bentrim; but your probably don't know who that is either.

Comment

Working...
                                X