New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

I really didn't notice the three windows at the top until it was mentioned on this board. I'm more concerned with the uncovered speakers. Those areas stand out more to me.

The windows on the top would be less noticeable if they would have used a black background for the advertising versus the white. The black windows would have blended in. Another benefit with a black background is that it would have made the video portion appear brighter. With the white background, your eye's iris has to compensate for the brighter white background.

Looks like they will have tons of information they can post on the board. I'm curious if they will incorporate the Twitter feed as included above. (I don't like the Stat Trac example they tested in this photo. It is showing Cal Poly out performing us. )

Photo courtesy of WestSideRabbit.

Comment

I am not certain what material is used to cover this type of speaker. However, the sound at last week's Brookings HS game was great. The speakers had great clarity of sound.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I was informed that the board will not have all of it's material in place for the opener. Should be completed by the RM game.

Comment

Since we're compiling a wishlist: How about a large video board on the north side of the SJAC. I don't suppose they can show live games or take a Gameday feed, but surely they can figure out a way to run scores from other games or previous Jackrabbit games and/or highlights?
          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

The east side of the stadium is 99% done. Final details and touches are being added. It appears that all restrooms and concessions will be good to go. The parking lot is striped and the the lines are painted. They are laying down tar on the east side of the SJAC. They are doing dirt work on the south side of the stadium and are adding the final touches to the southeast ticket window. I'm not sure if the restrooms will be complete by Saturday on the south end, but there are sure a lot of workers working specifically on that end of the stadium. There are probably a dozen or more large tents set up in the tailgating lot. Most of you saw on the webcam, but the field has been repainted and the checkerboard has been added to the end zone. Looks like a beautiful day on Saturday!
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
              The east side of the stadium is 99% done. Final details and touches are being added. It appears that all restrooms and concessions will be good to go. The parking lot is striped and the the lines are painted. They are laying down tar on the east side of the SJAC. They are doing dirt work on the south side of the stadium and are adding the final touches to the southeast ticket window. I'm not sure if the restrooms will be complete by Saturday on the south end, but there are sure a lot of workers working specifically on that end of the stadium. There are probably a dozen or more large tents set up in the tailgating lot. Most of you saw on the webcam, but the field has been repainted and the checkerboard has been added to the end zone. Looks like a beautiful day on Saturday!
              I like this. I wish the game was today.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
              The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                Since we're compiling a wishlist: How about a large video board on the north side of the SJAC. I don't suppose they can show live games or take a Gameday feed, but surely they can figure out a way to run scores from other games or previous Jackrabbit games and/or highlights?
                That would be sweet. However, if we are wishing for video boards, my first choice would be one on the north end of the stadium. The area on the south side where the students sit, and even some of the new reserved seating in the SE and SW corners will be a great vantage point for the game, but it won't be ideal to have to turn around in your seat and away from the game to see the score, game time, replays, etc on the main board.

Don't get me wrong...it's still going to be a vastly improved experience for all.
                "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Speaking of scoreboards, does anyone know what happened to the old football scoreboard?
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                    Speaking of scoreboards, does anyone know what happened to the old football scoreboard?

I too was wondering. Did Dak buy it back and re-sell it?

Comment

No, we still have it (old scoreboard).

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post

The plan is to run the board and all its components for Friday night's Brookings Bobcat game, so as to have a complete dry run before Saturday night's game.
                        Word as of tonight is NO dry run for the Brookings game. They want it to debut Saturday night. It has been up and running a lot. Video tonight of rolling logos and such. Casts quite the view from the interstate. I hope all appreciate what we have now. It's been a long time coming.

Id like to see the them do something with the away games. Play them on the video board and give fans an opportunity to go and watch the game there. Probably couldn't charge but you'd have concessions and possibly ask for donations.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                          Word as of tonight is NO dry run for the Brookings game. They want it to debut Saturday night. It has been up and running a lot. Video tonight of rolling logos and such.
                          I can see that from both perspectives. For wanting to debut it Saturday I'm all in favor of it. It's the stadium for SDSU and not BHS.

But on the flip side, you have a live in-person game Friday night that you could do a dry run with just in case any bugs work their way into the mix. Would provide the opportunity to see them happen live and have 24 hours to get it fixed.

Either way, it's gonna be quite the show Saturday night!

We're under 48 hours from kickoff...

Comment

Originally posted by bobcat_01 View Post
                            Either way, it's gonna be quite the show Saturday night!

We're under 48 hours from kickoff...
                            Can't wait!

https://youtu.be/aBaYVo89mmY

tumblr_inline_nponkouhoH1szsob5_400.jpg

Comment

New article from Zimmer with some nice photos of the stadium.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...rday/72029694/

Comment

Today they are playing music over the speakers in the scoreboard. Seems like everything is a go for Saturday.
                                "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Working...
                                X