New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Does anyone know if the current look of the scoreboard is finished? Specifically is the open space on the sides in front of the speakers and the open space above the game clock to be filled in/covered? Will there be any wording or additional signage added to the top of the board in a raised lettering fashion?
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      Video of Jack starting up the Video Board.
      https://t.co/yuO2wD31Bb
      Did it really happen this way?

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        Video of Jack starting up the Video Board.
        https://t.co/yuO2wD31Bb
        Nice. Sometimes corny works....

Comment

@jackrabbit1979

I thought the athletics logo on a white field was there in the renderings.

Comment

Somebody asked what the sponsor logo is on the top of the east side...it is SD Corn, and must say it is a bit hard to read. Also, when I talked to Justin Sell today, he was aware of the Arkansas red, and said we will be bathing the studio in blue from the video board. I suspect there is a cover for the speaker area, but I'm not sure.

The plan is to run the board and all its components for Friday night's Brookings Bobcat game, so as to have a complete dry run before Saturday night's game.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
              Somebody asked what the sponsor logo is on the top of the east side...it is SD Corn, and must say it is a bit hard to read. Also, when I talked to Justin Sell today, he was aware of the Arkansas red, and said we will be bathing the studio in blue from the video board. I suspect there is a cover for the speaker area, but I'm not sure.

The plan is to run the board and all its components for Friday night's Brookings Bobcat game, so as to have a complete dry run before Saturday night's game.
              Thank you BHS for providing this opportunity

Comment

Would be awesome if there was a huge logo on the backside of the scoreboard as well. I've seen that at lots of stadiums and I think it looks great.
                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                  Would be awesome if there was a huge logo on the backside of the scoreboard as well. I've seen that at lots of stadiums and I think it looks great.

This^^^
                  "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

You would have to assume that there will be something on the backside, as it is pretty ugly the way it is now. Also, with the questions about the speaker openings and the top, I am thinking there will be a blue covering that wraps around with sdsu and jacks logos and "Jackrabbits" across the top. At least that's what I would do anyway.

Comment

I wonder if that isn't one of the places that they're putting "Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium". With a logo underneath?
                      Just a thought. I vote for the Strech SD, but that's just me!!

Go Jacks!!
                      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

I'm hoping we paint the visitors locker room pink like Iowa does. It's Avery calm and soothing color and apparently drives opposing teams nuts.

Comment

This is a great idea. We have the running rabbit on the SJAC...maybe the Jackrabbit giving the evil eye over his shoulder on the back of the scoreboard? I agree with proper80 too: stretch SD would meet my approval.

Comment

From what I gather the space directly above the video board - the three windows - are just that. On the old board you had people filming from the top of it. This whole project has that as well except those who are filming will be inside and out of the elements.

Would love to see some form of logo on the backside of the whole structure as well. I definitely could see them putting a logo on the lower 2/3 of the backside of it, with the upper 1/3 set aside for the wording "Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium" above it, once the whole project is finalized this time next year.

Comment

Originally posted by bobcat_01 View Post
                              From what I gather the space directly above the video board - the three windows - are just that. On the old board you had people filming from the top of it. This whole project has that as well except those who are filming will be inside and out of the elements.
                              I hope you're incorrect. If you are correct, I hope they do something to hide it a bit better. It would be an eyesore on a beautiful structure if that's the case. I don't really see that happening.

Comment

Originally posted by bobcat_01 View Post

Would love to see some form of logo on the backside of the whole structure as well. I definitely could see them putting a logo on the lower 2/3 of the backside of it, with the upper 1/3 set aside for the wording "Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium" above it, once the whole project is finalized this time next year.
                                Yea I saw guys shooting video up there during a BHS game

Comment

Working...
                                X