Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Oops, didn't realize that NWHSUandSDSU posted the same thing right after you asked. Eyes must have skipped over it.
    Since I have an end seat, it may be my seat will be the last one fasten down. What an honor.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
      Does anyone know the deal with that empty section in the second tier to the left of the individual club seats? No seating there. Any thoughts?
      That is a club seat section which hasn't been completed with the chairs. I asked why not...answer, obviously the chairs haven't arrived yet. Make your own conclusions my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
        That is a club seat section which hasn't been completed with the chairs. I asked why not...answer, obviously the chairs haven't arrived yet. Make your own conclusions my friend.
        It would appear my wild guess about chairs being on back order may be correct. I hope the contractor has someone following up on this order. I would be very unhappy to witness the first game in a standing room only situation.

Comment

Speaking of chairs, to the people who have been there in person: Are the newer west seats a little brighter shade of blue than the older east and south seats? A picture was posted on BV that seems to show two different colors, but it could have been a trick of the optics. Definitely not a big deal either way, just curious.

edit: Looking more closely, it looks like it's a trick of the sunlight. It appears the photo was taken before 8am with the sun fairly low in the SE.

Comment

Speaking of chairs, to the people who have been there in person: Are the newer west seats a little brighter shade of blue than the older east and south seats? A picture was posted on BV that seems to show two different colors, but it could have been a trick of the optics. Definitely not a big deal either way, just curious.

edit: Looking more closely, it looks like it's a trick of the sunlight. It appears the photo was taken before 8am with the sun fairly low in the SE.
            It is possible they may be slightly different colors Hammer, but there is also an optical illusion, since the backrests of the bleachers are narrow, while you are seeing the whole back of the chair in the pictures.

Comment

It is possible they may be slightly different colors Hammer, but there is also an optical illusion, since the backrests of the bleachers are narrow, while you are seeing the whole back of the chair in the pictures.
              There very well might be a bit of color fade since those existing seats have been exposed to the elements for a year.

Comment

I didn't take into account that the only part that is blue is the vertical backs of the benches. Since the sun was in the SE, the south and east bleacher backs were shaded in that picture, while the west bleacher backs were getting full sun. That's the difference. It took me much longer to figure out why the upper corners in a different picture look lighter than the rest of the stadium(hint: the stands aren't made of the same material all the way up).

Comment

I didn't take into account that the only part that is blue is the vertical backs of the benches. Since the sun was in the SE, the south and east bleacher backs were shaded in that picture, while the west bleacher backs were getting full sun. That's the difference. It took me much longer to figure out why the upper corners in a different picture look lighter than the rest of the stadium(hint: the stands aren't made of the same material all the way up).
                  The only logical thing to do is tear down the stadium and start over.

Comment

I was just curious. It doesn't seem like a big deal with 50 days or whatever before the first event at the stadium. I thought maybe it was left that way for now for some purpose.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I assume the final touches on the field will be a big running rabbit logo at the 50 yd line, like the renderings show.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                        I assume the final touches on the field will be a big running rabbit logo at the 50 yd line, like the renderings show.
                        Will they simply install it for all to see or will they keep it under wraps and unveil it with some kind of ceremony leading up to kickoff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                        --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                          It's a little weird to me that it's not part of the initial install. I figured once the turf is laid down, it would be hard to go back and change things in it. But then I noticed they don't have the MVFC logos on there either so maybe it's not as hard as I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                            It's a little weird to me that it's not part of the initial install. I figured once the turf is laid down, it would be hard to go back and change things in it. But then I noticed they don't have the MVFC logos on there either so maybe it's not as hard as I thought.
                            '
                            This was my thought as well. Isn't the color and logos permanently on the turf and rolled out? Maybe they can interchange sections or paint them on later, I am no turf expert by any means. Looks great either way.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksFTW View Post
                              '
                              This was my thought as well. Isn't the color and logos permanently on the turf and rolled out? Maybe they can interchange sections or paint them on later, I am no turf expert by any means. Looks great either way.
                              They'll cut those in late since stitching the rolls together may distort the logos. Here's a couple videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPKvVhxeGCE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PYo3SumJYs

Comment

Originally posted by MNTimberjack View Post
                                They'll cut those in late since stitching the rolls together may distort the logos. Here's a couple videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPKvVhxeGCE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PYo3SumJYs
                                What he said. The Yankton Medical Clinic physician's (surgeons in particular) recently funded the installation of all turf in fields for 2 of the youth baseball fields here in Yankton. They cut the logos in after all the turf is "stitched" together.
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X