Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Originally posted by MNTimberjack View Post
    They'll cut those in late since stitching the rolls together may distort the logos. Here's a couple videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPKvVhxeGCE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PYo3SumJYs
    That makes an absolute ton of sense. Thanks

Comment

Sweet! Have got to get over and watch them do that! Thanks for clearing up the mystery.

Comment

The web cam picture tonight is showing what looks like an almost completed field, except for the logo of course. I an sure there are numerous more things to be done but it certainly gives a feeling for the end product. Looks very nice.

Comment

OK, next turf question(s) ...

Seems like the original stadium project included at least one outdoor turf practice field. Is that still happening? And then there was some discussion that the softball field needed to go to turf, too, because of the massive shadow cast by the indoor facility. Is that true? Was there ever anything to that rumor? Lastly, the rumor was that since we're buying all that turf, we could get a heck of a deal on turf for the baseball field -- at least for the infield. Anything to that?
          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
            OK, next turf question(s) ...

Seems like the original stadium project included at least one outdoor turf practice field. Is that still happening? And then there was some discussion that the softball field needed to go to turf, too, because of the massive shadow cast by the indoor facility. Is that true? Was there ever anything to that rumor? Lastly, the rumor was that since we're buying all that turf, we could get a heck of a deal on turf for the baseball field -- at least for the infield. Anything to that?
            I don't know about rumors of an outdoor turf practice field, but the other's were not rumors...they reflected actual discussions. And there was a substantial savings on the cost if the turf could have been installed on the softball and baseball fields at the same time as installation was happening of the football field. Only one problem...money. I suspect everybody can understand that problem (after building the practice facility with $32 million of donated funds, building a $65 million football field with $40 million bonded, and basically $25 million of donated funds, not to overlook the need for full cost of attendance, need for higher coaching salaries, etc.) Would have been nice...not going to happen, now anyway.

Comment

'Saw the turf today. Exciting. The checkerboard end zones are vibrant. Very attractive. I did notice that the colors are navy blue and what appears to be more gold than yellow. Maybe it was done that way because in time the sun will fade those colors a bit. I walked into Stig's office and looked out on the field. What a great view for prospective student-athletes and their parents. Stig must pinch himself every day he comes to work.

Comment

Giant Jackrabbit logo getting installed at the 50 yard line on webcam.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                  'Saw the turf today. Exciting. The checkerboard end zones are vibrant. Very attractive. I did notice that the colors are navy blue and what appears to be more gold than yellow. Maybe it was done that way because in time the sun will fade those colors a bit. I walked into Stig's office and looked out on the field. What a great view for prospective student-athletes and their parents. Stig must pinch himself every day he comes to work.
                  I would guess the colors were mixed according to the official SDSU brand document others have posted here before (I don't have time to look it up at the moment). They may have been mixed a little "brighter" so they look good on TV. Might also be a trick on the eyes due to the field being so green compared to the natural grass color.

I remember thinking the practice facility colors looked off as well when they first got it done, but as you can see from the link below the colors actually match pretty much perfectly.

http://www.gojacks.com/news/2016/6/1...r-june-25.aspx

Will be interesting to see how it looks with players on the field.
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                    I would guess the colors were mixed according to the official SDSU brand document others have posted here before (I don't have time to look it up at the moment). They may have been mixed a little "brighter" so they look good on TV. Might also be a trick on the eyes due to the field being so green compared to the natural grass color.

I remember thinking the practice facility colors looked off as well when they first got it done, but as you can see from the link below the colors actually match pretty much perfectly.

http://www.gojacks.com/news/2016/6/1...r-june-25.aspx

Will be interesting to see how it looks with players on the field.
                    here are colors and specifications if anyone cares.

http://www.sdstate.edu/graphicidenti...pecs/index.cfm

Comment

Universities in general are very specific about colors. The turf company would have submitted samples for approval. If the color doesn't match the approved sample, then the turf company will be remaking it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by vodrad1 View Post
                        Giant Jackrabbit logo getting installed at the 50 yard line on webcam.
                        Love that we got the giant logo (from 40 yd line to 4 yd line), I always disliked how small the previous one was (45 to 45)
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                          Love that we got the giant logo (from 40 yd line to 4 yd line), I always disliked how small the previous one was (45 to 45)
                          Agreed, here's a nice shot of it from @gojacksSDSU

Comment

that does look good atleast from the picture. Worried it would look too big. I am usually for more of abalanced or smaller logo, mainly on basketball courts. But this looks good so far.

On a side note, those yard hash marks on the near sideline are horrible. Looks like a drunk college kid painted those on.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              that does look good atleast from the picture. Worried it would look too big. I am usually for more of abalanced or smaller logo, mainly on basketball courts. But this looks good so far.

On a side note, those yard hash marks on the near sideline are horrible. Looks like a drunk college kid painted those on.
                              Not sure if serious...

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

I dunno. The east side looks a little bare. Better start building that second deck over there right away!

(Quibblers gotta quibble!)
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X