• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Stopped in today to check out stadium looked incredible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just drove by the stadium. They are unloading the rolls of turf out of the trucks.
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
          Just drove by the stadium. They are unloading the rolls of turf out of the trucks.
          I saw this today, too. Should be starting shortly! I think it will really make the stadium more of a reality.
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
            Lots of work going on behind the stadium (sidewalks, curbs, preparation work for paving). One small section of club seats to go, and the seating in the stadium will be complete. Turf scheduled to be done (or started, 2 stories floating around) on July 22. Most of the work now is on the interior (suites, club room, press area, etc.) and it looks to be doing well. Still hearing everything is ahead of or right on schedule. Going to be awesome!!
            Located your seat yet?

Comment

Another video update of the construction. I can't wait until Fall to see this completed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9dveeilvhw
              Rollin' in my 5.0
              With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
              Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

It looked great today when I was there, but if that thing is final by our first game I'll be amazed. Substantial completion, yeah, but I have to imagine there is a ton of small work that remains. I'm thinking landscape, final fixtures and fittings, etc.

Take that with a salt block. I'm a lawyer not a construction manager.
                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Has anyone heard any news about tailgating with the new stadium. I have had a reserved spot the last several years and have yet to hear anything about it this year. If they make changes this close to the season I would think there will be many many unhappy people.

Comment

I suppose this means it's too late for someone to run out there and seed some grass.

SDSU_Football_on_Twitter_The_turf,_just_like_the_rest_of_us,_patiently_waiting_to_get_into_the_s.jpg

I know. I know. It'll be OK.
                    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

I talked to 2 different tailgate people yesterday and no one has heard anything for the renewal of tailgating spots.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

On the live video cam you can see 6 or so guys out on the field. Can't tell for sure but looks like they are putting in markers or something for lining up the turf. Maybe we will see some turf appearing on the field in the next 24 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
                          On the live video cam you can see 6 or so guys out on the field. Can't tell for sure but looks like they are putting in markers or something for lining up the turf. Maybe we will see some turf appearing on the field in the next 24 hours.
                          Putting in the sprinkler heads
                          USD Fan

Comment

Just drove by and saw the yellow and blue for what I assume is for the end zones. Sad day. #forevergrass #AgSchool #turfmanagement

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                              Just drove by and saw the yellow and blue for what I assume is for the end zones. Sad day. #forevergrass #AgSchool #turfmanagement

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
                              I always felt that the grass was a bit of a homefield advantage, the last grass field in the conference. Part of me just hopes they go super tacky like Boise and do a Neon yellow field or something since we wont have grass anymore. I actually really hate that idea, but hate the idea of fake grass, so might as well go tacky with it.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                I always felt that the grass was a bit of a homefield advantage, the last grass field in the conference. Part of me just hopes they go super tacky like Boise and do a Neon yellow field or something since we wont have grass anymore. I actually really hate that idea, but hate the idea of fake grass, so might as well go tacky with it.
                                I asked Fred Řien once why we had not dug down more in CAS to provide more seating. He said "We would love to do that but the water table is high in this area and we would be flooded often if we did that." It looks the current admin and contractors are aware of the water table. Also what is going on in the south east of the Medary avenue and Bypass. US 14 intersection. It is like they are digging for gold or maybe iron ore. A Huge hole being dug.
                                Granted the grass gave us an edge, not against the Bison though.
                                Last edited by Nidaros; 07-14-2016, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X