Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014 Recruiting List

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
    So because you watched 2 games you are an expert on an athlete? I really did only attend two Jack games last year. Zenner really did not have an impact on either game. But I'm a little smarter than you to say that Zenner is not a stud. I saw a small sampling against two great teams. My point? You are clueless if you don't think Starr is a heck of a player. I suppose he got invited to the combine because he's from NW Iowa! FYI - Starr isn't my boy and I've never even met the guy.
    You need some medication. First you rip RO for only watching Starr twice and then admit you only watched Zenner twice. Earlier you said Zenner was overrated then said he was a stud?????????? I appreciate your opinion on the W. Iowa kids, but your arguments make you seem neurotic. I wish we could get every kid in the area that can help us, but that isn't going to happen. The Jacks have made the playoffs three times and won a couple of playoffs games. The program is on the upswing. The coaches are doing a great job, whatever their reasoning for doing what they do is working.
    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

So you are agreeing with me! Yes, you want some local kids. Yes, we need to recruit nationally especially at the skill positions.

I saw two Jack games this year and was not impressed with Zenner at all. The kid is overrated. NDSU he had 4 yds and Eastern Washington he had 71 yds. No impact on either game I saw. Starr was the MVFC Defensive Player of the Year. I guess the coaches are as clueless as I am to think he could have played at SDSU. And yes, Zenner is a STUD!
      Bull, are you still mad that nobody from SDSU recruited you or your buddies from NW Iowa? Didn't anybody watch your DVD of your high school highlights from your game against Rock Rapids where you got 5 tackels? Isn't there a NWIowahighschoolfootballfans.com site that you can start where you and your friends can just bash the SDSU coaches for not offering every kid who scores 41 points against Harlan.

Comment

So because you watched 2 games you are an expert on an athlete? I really did only attend two Jack games last year. Zenner really did not have an impact on either game. But I'm a little smarter than you to say that Zenner is not a stud. I saw a small sampling against two great teams. My point? You are clueless if you don't think Starr is a heck of a player. I suppose he got invited to the combine because he's from NW Iowa! FYI - Starr isn't my boy and I've never even met the guy.
        I'm confused you watched 2 Jacks game last year and one of them was not when they played the Starr led Yotes?

Comment

BULLDOG! OMG I saw on the ARgus Leader Twitter feed that a kid from Arlington scored 44 points and a kid from Elkton-Lake Benton scored 40! WE NEED TO SIGN BOTH OF THEM UP NOW BEFORE USD GETS THEM!
          **full disclaimer I have no idea if these kids are good, I haven't lived in SD for 20 years

Comment

Bulldog's posts aren't passing the smell test. I'm starting to wonder whether we have a troll from an opposing school bent on stirring up trouble with irritating posts. (Has a Mavbot found his way back to the board? Do we have a spurned recruit or parent of an ignored athlete venting? We've seen posts like this before...upset uncle or other close family member?)

I suggest we not feed the troll behavior. This thread is about 2014 recruiting at SDSU and not about some guy USD recruited. Sure, an opinion on a perceived shortcoming in recruiting is appropriate but, geez, enough already, Bulldog.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              Bulldog's posts aren't passing the smell test. I'm starting to wonder whether we have a troll from an opposing school bent on stirring up trouble with irritating posts. (Has a Mavbot found his way back to the board? Do we have a spurned recruit or parent of an ignored athlete venting? We've seen posts like this before...upset uncle or other close family member?)

I suggest we not feed the troll behavior. This thread is about 2014 recruiting at SDSU and not about some guy USD recruited. Sure, an opinion on a perceived shortcoming in recruiting is appropriate but, geez, enough already, Bulldog.
              amen

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post

His opinion isn't that different than other SDSU fans have posted here before.

1-He is an SDSU alum
                2-He lives in Northwest Iowa
                3-USD signed more Iowa kids than SDSU (apparently?)
                4-He wants SDSU to look a little closer at Western Iowa, an area he feels is under-recruited.

And his ideas get trashed. Not disagreed with, not counter-argued, just trashed.

Cut the new guy a little slack. Most people's initial posts on this forum are about something they are upset about. If he is a troll, he will likely disappear within a few days. If not, we are running off a new poster.
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post

1-He is an SDSU alum
                  4-He wants SDSU to look a little closer at Western Iowa, an area he feels is under-recruited.

And his ideas get trashed. Not disagreed with, not counter-argued, just trashed.

Cut the new guy a little slack. Most people's initial posts on this forum are about something they are upset about. If he is a troll, he will likely disappear within a few days. If not, we are running off a new poster.
                  I stopped reading his posts after he stated Zach Zenner was overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                    I stopped reading his posts after he stated Zach Zenner was overrated.
                    Maybe I give BULLDOG too much credit, but I think that was sarcasm.
                    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

You're likely spot on with this. It's reason why I went from being a casual observer to signing up a while ago, and ironically, I fit 3 of your 4 criteria.

It seems like SDSU (and DI programs in general) see more risk in kids from smaller schools and prefer to go the PWO route. I suppose recruits from the Cities, Omaha, or other large programs are more of a known quantity in terms of ability and commitment based upon their competition and HS fb program. There are numerous area kids that passed up PWO offers to go somewhere else, from NW Iowa and elsewhere. It happens.

Someday, we should start a "2014 Recruiting - I told you so" thread. If Synder or Van Ginkel make it to the NFL, Bulldog has my permission to gloat.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                        You are probably right and I hope so, but I still quit reading after that.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                          I'm pretty sure it was in response to a post where someone said they weren't impressed with Starr because the two games they saw him play (both against SDSU) the past two years he had no effect on the game.

He countered by showing two games where Zenner wasn't his best to prove a two game sample is a pretty small sample.

There is no doubt Starr could have played at SDSU. He's a star (pun?). The reason why he wasn't offered is unknown. Lots of variables involved that this board has no idea about.

Comment

1-He is an SDSU alum

This is a good post. Some of us get our panties pulled up a little too much at times.

Bulldog has strong feelings about his view. Nothing wrong with that. I really don't think is view is that crazy.

Comment

IF YOU AINT DUTCH YOU ARE NOT MUCH
                              , that's what he keeps telling us.
                              Shucks I just a humble Norweigian. The next recruit we miss, the name will start with VAN.
                              I will bet one doughnut and a cup of coffee.

I think Bulldog and SlapJack are friends, and that is not a problem. I would hope someone from the Football program is reading this thread, and takes it to heart. RO beat me to the punch and posted Zenner's rushing numbers against USD. Starr should have been an impact on those numbers but did not, but its hard to compare one good defensive player against a whole team of defense that, NDSU had, so no way are we comparing apples and apples.

Comment

There are a limited number of scholarships and roster spots, limited number of coaches and days to recruit. Funds to support recruiting are limited. Staff can't predict what a kid or his family are thinking. Academics have to be carefully considered if the institution wants to maintain any level of credibility.

The Jackrabbits are doing a really good job of recruiting regional talent while extending into areas necessary to find the athletes needed to compete at the top of the FCS.

You can't get every kid every time. You can't offer every kid every time. Heck, you can't even see every kid you want to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X