Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014 Recruiting List

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
    What is Nettleton waiting for? Wouldn't Cal have offered by now if they were going to? No tweets? Nothing on Cal fb forums? This kid is an offensive playmaker we need.
    i have seen seen cases where a player verbals to a school then decides to wait on signing because of a better offer that might come. The better off never comes and the original school has to move on and the recruit is now left with no offers. Not saying this is the case though.

Comment

What is Nettleton waiting for? Wouldn't Cal have offered by now if they were going to? No tweets? Nothing on Cal fb forums? This kid is an offensive playmaker we need.
      Wednesday was the first day of the signing period, not the last. He's apparently not in any hurry, and he's probably good enough that he doesn't have to worry about not getting an offer somewhere. I'm still hoping that he winds up a Jack.
      This space for lease.

Comment

In case it hasn't been posted, here is the Vimeo video highlights link: http://vimeo.com/86069345
        Last edited by Jacked_Rabbit; 02-07-2014, 11:58 AM. Reason: See Goosie posted in Signing Day thread, which makes more sense.

Comment

Anyone with an update on JT Nettleton? I believe he did not sign with Cal as no offer came. Are we still pursuing him? BigGoosie, any knowledge?
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Big Goosie - answer the call!...

Comment

I'm curious if he decides to go the JC route in an effort to get a big time offer in another year or two?

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                I'm curious if he decides to go the JC route in an effort to get a big time offer in another year or two?
                When he didn't sign with Cal, I would have been shocked if he signed with SDSU. Figured he would go JUCO route.
                "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

It actually looks like West Virginia has started to go after him pretty hot and heavy. He seems hell bent on BCS, and I really can't blame someone for pursuing their dream.

Comment

We are no longer pursuing him. He is not currently academically eligible, which is why Cal hasn't officially offered yet, but they plan to offer as soon as he is.

i know Cal has some high academic standards, so maybe it's a little more difficult to meet their requirements than most schools...? Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Rabbit View Post
                      We are no longer pursuing him. He is not currently academically eligible, which is why Cal hasn't officially offered yet, but they plan to offer as soon as he is.

i know Cal has some high academic standards, so maybe it's a little more difficult to meet their requirements than most schools...? Just a thought.
                      I don't think we need him that bad, especially if he does not get off to a good footing academically. We seem to have enough guys to wear jerseys and street clothes on game days. RS, injured, ineligible, etc. SDSU has academic standards too, and perhaps this young man did not measure up.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        I don't think we need him that bad, especially if he does not get off to a good footing academically. We seem to have enough guys to wear jerseys and street clothes on game days. RS, injured, ineligible, etc. SDSU has academic standards too, and perhaps this young man did not measure up.
                        I just saw on Twitter that Van Ginkel signed with USD. This guy will be the next Tyler Starr. I saw him play Sioux Center the other night and score 41 against a top 5 team in the state. The kid is a winner! You can't teach 6'4" 200 with a 38 inch vertical. And he is ELIGIBLE!! Oh that's right he's not from Arizona or California!

Comment

I just saw on Twitter that Van Ginkel signed with USD. This guy will be the next Tyler Starr. I saw him play Sioux Center the other night and score 41 against a top 5 team in the state. The kid is a winner! You can't teach 6'4" 200 with a 38 inch vertical. And he is ELIGIBLE!! Oh that's right he's not from Arizona or California!
                          Dude. We get it.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

And the other guy the coaches were going for is getting looks from cal and other bsc schools. I trust the coaches enough.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Its not where you are from that counts, but are you academically capable, and athletically talented? This Nettleton guy failed academically it would appear.

Comment

We are a week past signing day. Getting looks? hmm??? That's the kind of wife I am looking for. Engaged and still checking out the men!

Comment

Working...
                                X