Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014 Recruiting List

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
    Farniok will definitely be a 4-star when the junior rankings come out and Grant Schmidt is a 4-star as a junior this year who already has offers from ACC, Big Ten, and PAC 12 schools. Its crazy to think that the state of South Dakota and the city of Sioux Falls in particular will have 2 4-star players at the same time. I also wouldn't be shocked if Christion got a 2/3 star ranking as an Athlete after the summer circuit.
    Who is Grant Schmidt, for those of us not in the know.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
      Who is Grant Schmidt, for those of us not in the know.
      He's a 4-Star 6'7 290lbs OT from Roosie, Nebraska should be offering soon to...

http://rivals.yahoo.com/iowa/football/recruiting/player-Grant-Schmidt-152410

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Gra...cruitInterests

Comment

Does anybody know how we would go about getting our logo changed with Rivals? Small issue in the grand scheme of things, but it's annoying seeing the old Bugs logo every time I look at one of our recruits pages.
        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
          I'm no Bulldog, but Central Lyon-George Little Rock is a school where SDSU is not welcomed. So I hear anyways.

PM me if you want details.
          Well, there goes our recruiting for the next 15 years....

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
            Does anybody know how we would go about getting our logo changed with Rivals? Small issue in the grand scheme of things, but it's annoying seeing the old Bugs logo every time I look at one of our recruits pages.
            This "Bugs" me to no end too!

Comment

I'm no Bulldog, but Central Lyon-George Little Rock is a school where SDSU is not welcomed. So I hear anyways.

I would guess it has something to do with Tyler Starr and USD.

Comment

GULL DARN IT. Or as Tom Osborne would Dad gummit. How we going to do it with out the guy from George, Iowa, by George?

Comment

Daniel Vega, a LB that previously committed to Illinois State and to whom we had made an offer, has switched his commitment to Wyoming. Glad for that as we won't have to play him.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecr...el-Vega-147505

Now if we can keep Wyoming off of Shaheed Salmon and close on that, I'd be mighty happy. That kid stands out to me in a big way and I'd love to have him. Probably won't happen.
                  "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                  "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    GULL DARN IT. Or as Tom Osborne would Dad gummit. How we going to do it with out the guy from George, Iowa, by George?
                    From the MVC 2013 all-conference team:
                    1st Team:
                    LB -- Tyler Starr, South Dakota 6-5 250 Sr. Little Rock (Iowa) George-Little Rock High
                    2nd Team:
                    LB -- Jordan Gacke, UNI 6-2 227 Sr. Rock Rapids (Iowa) Central Lyon High

Places like Central Lyon or West Lyon don't pump out D1 talent every year, but it's arrogant to simply write them off.

Comment

Originally posted by SlapJack View Post
                      1st Team:
                      LB -- Tyler Starr, South Dakota 6-5 250 Sr. Little Rock (Iowa) George-Little Rock High
                      2nd Team:

Places like Central Lyon or West Lyon don't pump out D1 talent every year, but it's arrogant to simply write them off.
                      Lets see we have Dykstra and Heemstra from Rock Rapids, so I don't think we have written them off.

Comment

Originally posted by SlapJack View Post
                        1st Team:
                        2nd Team:

Nobody's writing them off. Talented players usually have more than one choice and programs have many more than one recruit in mind for open scholarships. Not offering someone doesn't mean that person couldn't be a great addition to the program. I doubt SDSU coaches are deliberately ignoring or black listing players from Northwest Iowa.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Tyler Starr does impress me, but why he chose USD over other schools is really his choice to make and it was made. The other UNI guy, well..............a missed opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                            Lets see we have Dykstra and Heemstra from Rock Rapids, so I don't think we have written them off.
                            Rock Valley

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                              Rock Valley
                              oh my bad. I am not a Dutchman from NW Iowa so it shows.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                                Now if we can keep Wyoming off of Shaheed Salmon and close on that, I'd be mighty happy. That kid stands out to me in a big way and I'd love to have him. Probably won't happen.
                                Per Wyoming Fan board: Bohl was down in FL yesterday visiting w/ Salmon. Ever since he got his 1st offer from SDSU there hasn't been much internet/social media chatter about SDSU (maybe it is on the down low? .

Comment

Working...
                                X