Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014 Recruiting List

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    How is SDSU set at RB in his class? Who's going to be there when Zenner is gone? Or even when Gandy is done? Zenner will be gone and Gandy will be a senior when he would have been a RS Fr.
    SR. Zenner
    JR. Gandy
    SO. Rodriguez
    SO. Paris
    FR. Tusler
    Redshirt FR. Wallace

The general rule of thumb is if you bring in 1 RB in each class you should be alright, which we are on pace to do. I think Tusler and Wallace are both RB's capable of being a #1 back someday, and I believe they could push for a lot of playing time behind Gandy after ZZ is gone.

Comment

Goosie - thanks for correcting my stats. I was going from memory and should've fact checked myself.

Again, relationships. I'd like to throw the local coaches under the bus, but these things usually go both ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Hip2daHop View Post
        Any idea who is on campus this weekend ?
        I won't be surprised to see filbert on campus (for the NDSU game).

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          I won't be surprised to see filbert on campus (for the NDSU game).
          Word is he has a good rep on campus and SDSU is recruiting him hard.
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
            I heard that he is as quick as a jackrabbit, and twice as mean.

Comment

that's what she said

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                He is talking about Nate DeJong, a S for NW Missouri St. DeJong was a 2 year starter for the Bearcats, and was an All-American his SR year when he recorded all 7 of his career INT's, one of which was a pick six. He had 78 career tackles, 71 of which he recorded his last 2 years. He also had 3 fumble recoveries his Jr Year. The Bearcats won a National Championship when he was a freshman in 2009.

DeJong's career stats can be found by scrolling down to his name here....http://www.nwmissouri.edu/sports/foo...istcarr.htm#24

According to this article he didn't receive any conference recognition until his Sr year in 2012, when of course he had a break out, All American campaign....http://www.newspressnow.com/sports/c...137755bf9.html

Personally I think it sucks that SDSU doesn't have a great relationship with every single school in the region, but I'm willing to bet that every college has a HS coaching staff that they don't get a long with, whatever the reason may be...such is life though, there's plenty of fish in the sea. It would especially suck though if the reason for the fallout was because a 17/18 year old and his parents felt like a spurned lover so they felt the need to spit venom at SDSU to their coaches(I'm not saying this is the reason, but that it sucks if it is).
                Would we trade this guy for Winston Wright? I don't think so.

Comment

I heard that he is as quick as a jackrabbit, and twice as mean.
                  I cant imagine he is from George, Iowa.

Comment

Wow. We are really at the bottom of the barrel as far as recruiting goes.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                      Wow. We are really at the bottom of the barrel as far as recruiting goes.
                      Ok...

how about names of recruits TV mentioned that might be on campus today

Comment

I had a visit planned but backed out at the last minute.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

SR. Zenner
                          JR. Gandy
                          SO. Rodriguez
                          SO. Paris
                          FR. Tusler
                          Redshirt FR. Wallace

The general rule of thumb is if you bring in 1 RB in each class you should be alright, which we are on pace to do. I think Tusler and Wallace are both RB's capable of being a #1 back someday, and I believe they could push for a lot of playing time behind Gandy after ZZ is gone.
                          Don't sleep on freshman RB Brady Mengerelli. It seemed like his name kept popping up during the season as scout offensive player of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                            How is SDSU set at RB in his class? Who's going to be there when Zenner is gone? Or even when Gandy is done? Zenner will be gone and Gandy will be a senior when he would have been a RS Fr.
                            There are still 3 or 4 guys on scholarship who probably get the ball before him so either way wouldn't get many chances till jr or sr year unless all the other running backs would just flake out or get injured.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

SDSU Offeree ATH Grant Hammann from Iowa has committed to Notre Dame as a PWO and OG Ross Reynolds from Iowa committed to the Hawkeyes as a scholarship player.

In another note, our LB commit Malik Bondon has received some heavy interest recently from the Illini of Illinois....I think he will sign with us unless he gets an offer from Illinois.

Comment

Recent ESPN Radio-Madison WI interview with WR Daurice Fountain.
                                http://stationcaster.com/player_skin...=584&f=2354143 (wasn't able to get this to work on my IPad, but did work on my laptop).

Brief mention about football recruiting. He lists his top four: SDSU, USD, UNI, ISU(red). He said he will announce it at press conference at his high school on signing day.

Comment

Working...
                                X