Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: National Signing Day

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
    Can someone sum up the class in which you just signed? I am out of town with limited time on the Internet. And been paying attention to our signees. Did you get what you wanted? Any surprises? Any last second additions? How would you grade your class? Thanks
    http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...urprises-class

Comment

Stig just said on the radio that they got a LOI from a kid in California. I did not get his name.
      Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU16 View Post
        Stig just said on the radio that they got a LOI from a kid in California. I did not get his name.
        Another kid from CA or was he talking about Dalton Douglas, QB, Redlands, CA, who signed yesterday?

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
          Another kid from CA or was he talking about Dalton Douglas, QB, Redlands, CA, who signed yesterday?
          Another kid, came in last night.
          Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU16 View Post
            Another kid, came in last night.
            I believe that was the one TV was waiting on yesterday, while he was live with his chat.

Comment

Anthony Gutierrez, LB, California

His tape looks really good. (Not that I really know though as it's a highlight tape)

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/461768/highlights/38888378
              Last edited by SDSUAlum08; 02-07-2013, 10:27 AM.
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Here's Mr. Gutierrez' profile:
                http://www.ncsasports.org/football-r...hony-gutierrez
                “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Comment

Guttierrez was the team MVP for the East team in the LA area East vs. West All Star game with 6 tackles and 2 sacks. About half way down.
                  http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_2...daily-news-all
                  “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                    Can someone sum up the class in which you just signed? I am out of town with limited time on the Internet. And been paying attention to our signees. Did you get what you wanted? Any surprises? Any last second additions? How would you grade your class? Thanks
                    I have never seen any of these kids play, but I did watch some of the highlight videos. From what I can tell, they are all flat out studs. I will give this class a AAA+ rating.

In all seriousness, this class appears similar to the other recruiting classes, except for the large number of PWO's. It will be interesting to see how many of the PWO's make it compared to the scholarship players.
                    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

According to TV, Guttierrez faxed his NLI last night, after SDSU's coaches called it a day.
                      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        One big crap shoot. No I dont think ideally we got every one we wanted. Wessel, who father played for SDSU, signed with USD. Grading, its a crap shoot. We dont know much until we put the pads on. Your questions are good ones, but imo dont have answers at this point in time. I think we did alright in Yankton picking up the Soulek brothers and some others whose name escapes me.
                        I don't think SDSU offered Wessel did they?

I'm hesitant to add him to the "wanted but didn't get" mix.
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

who knows really, much of the recruiting news comes from the recruits themselves and many of them are lose with the truth. Did they have a sitting offer from X University or did that University offer them at one time and pull it? Where the offers similar? (full/partial/gray shirt/etc.) And anything below a 3 star and even many 3 stars are not really rated by the recruiting sites. The only way to really get a feel on the recruiting class is to have the ins with the coaches, which I don't have and doubt many have. I don't recall any coaches coming out and saying you know what we missed and missed bad with this recruiting class.

The best way to grade a class is after their 3rd year. When they are red-shirt juniors and if they are solid recruits have and will contribute, if they aren't they are either gone or playing reserve minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                            I don't think SDSU offered Wessel did they?

I'm hesitant to add him to the "wanted but didn't get" mix.
                            I have no idea, but do recall his dad was pretty good player at SDSU. I was throwing red meat to YE since his Dad played at SDSU.

I know one other SDSU player 1979-82, whose daughter is playing a lot of volleyball at USD. So it happens. USD seemed to want Wessel more than we did. Dad is probably wondering when the offer from SDSU is coming just as my friend's family was wondering the same thing. Each generation makes their own choices, and this would hold true to the Wessels. If I run into Stig, I ask about Wessel.
                            Last edited by Nidaros; 02-07-2013, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              I have no idea, but do recall his dad was pretty good player at SDSU. I was throwing red meat to YE since his Dad played at SDSU.

I know one other SDSU player 1979-82, whose daughter is playing a lot of volleyball at USD. So it happens. USD seemed to want Wessel more than we did. Dad is probably wondering when the offer from SDSU is coming just as my friend's family was wondering the same thing. Each generation makes their own choices, and this would hold true to the Wessels. If I run into Stig, I ask about Wessel.
                              I'll answer my own question.

No, SDSU did not offer. I believe UND, UNI and USD offered, but none came from SDSU.
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                                I'll answer my own question. No, SDSU did not offer. I believe UND, UNI and USD offered, but none came from SDSU.
                                Talked to his family tonight at the signing party at Champs. All 4 Dakota schools + UNI offered.

Comment

Working...
                                X