Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coyotes

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    Keeping an eight win team from the MVC (with one loss being on the road at NDSU - barely) out of the playoffs would be criminal.

I'm assuming we will send the Yotes home with their tails between their legs. If that does not happen we don't deserve playoff consideration anyway.
    Right, they are saying that even with the assumed & likely win over USD, we are still "squarely on the bubble" and need help from others. One thing that I did confirm is that he is going to be removing the loser of the Cal Poly/NAU game from his playoff field, so that will be opening up atleast one more at-large spot. He currently has both of those teams in his bracket, so I guess that is a little positive news.

I will be on suicide watch if we are left out of the playoffs, even after taking care of our business this weekend vs. USD.

Comment

Suddenly, I feel ill. It pains me greatly, but I now have no choice but to cheer for the Bison Saturday. Damn, I hate to have to do that. But it's for the greater good.

Anybody know when Cubby's will be opening Saturday morning? I have to assume there will be kegs and eggs with an early breakfast opening. I called them today, and the kid who answered the phone said they're opening at 11. That just can't be right with so many thirsty patrons arriving in town early in the day...can it? If you hear of any places opening early and offering breakfast, please let me know.
      Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

On the upside, I went to the Arugus leader loyalty map (which is really cool, by the way), and it begs this big question: WHO is South Dakota's team? Let's make that map even bluer than it is, friends. Go, Jacks!
        Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Win the game, and worry about the playoffs later cuz 7 wins won't get you in.

Comment

Originally posted by NewJack2011 View Post
            Greetings from Arizona. Well the time has finally come were I get to see my first SDSU Home game.. I made the trip to Kansas and had a great time.. Was welcomed with open arms by the Alumni Club and got to see my son play in his first college game.. The Jacks fans were great and I cant wait so see the atmosphere at a home game. Someone mentioned not wanting to make a 7hr drive to sit in suspect weather. Well I will be leaving 84 degree weather hear in Arizona to 45 possible 52 degree weather and I cant wait.. I have my Jackrabbit tailgate training wheels on so I would definitely appreciate any info that would help me on game day..
            It was great seeing you in Kansas and I hope you join us in Brookings. All (Alumni, Students, Friends, Family, Fans) are welcome at the Alumni Association tent.

http://www.statealum.com/s/1108/inde...=13&calcid=685

We are easy to find (see the map at the first link), we also have an 8 foot inflatable Jackrabbit at our tent!

Hope to see you Saturday.

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
              Anybody got an extra place at a tailgate for this Jackrabbit mom?
              You bet! All (Alumni, Students, Friends, Family, Fans) are welcome at the Alumni Association tent.

We are easy to find (see the map at the first link), we also have an 8 foot inflatable Jackrabbit at our tent!

Hope to see you Saturday.

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                Win the game, and worry about the playoffs later cuz 7 wins won't get you in.
                That's for sure. We still might get left out with 8 wins given the strength of the bubble this year. Its maddening.
                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Thanks everyone for the info.. I look forward to my visit to South Dakota and seeing the Jackrabbit nation in full force on gameday.. Also visiting that Burger place in downtown Brooking.. (cant remember the name of it but the burgers were good)

Comment

Originally posted by NewJack2011 View Post
                    Thanks everyone for the info.. I look forward to my visit to South Dakota and seeing the Jackrabbit nation in full force on gameday.. Also visiting that Burger place in downtown Brooking.. (cant remember the name of it but the burgers were good)
                    Nick's

http://nickshamburgers.com/

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                      Headed there tonight before the game. Its been too long.

Chili, Pheasant soup, brats, and wings at our spot on Saturday, along with a bloody mary bar. Feel free to swing by. We're in the priority parking lot.
                      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                        and dont forget to buy um by the bag.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                          Suddenly, I feel ill. It pains me greatly, but I now have no choice but to cheer for the Bison Saturday. Damn, I hate to have to do that. But it's for the greater good.

Anybody know when Cubby's will be opening Saturday morning? I have to assume there will be kegs and eggs with an early breakfast opening. I called them today, and the kid who answered the phone said they're opening at 11. That just can't be right with so many thirsty patrons arriving in town early in the day...can it? If you hear of any places opening early and offering breakfast, please let me know.
                          9 am sharp. But, I don't think there is kegs and eggs? Couple bloody mary's sound pretty good before tailgating.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Rabbit View Post
                            Right, they are saying that even with the assumed & likely win over USD, we are still "squarely on the bubble" and need help from others. One thing that I did confirm is that he is going to be removing the loser of the Cal Poly/NAU game from his playoff field, so that will be opening up atleast one more at-large spot. He currently has both of those teams in his bracket, so I guess that is a little positive news.
                            I did a little looking and Northern Arizona has a win over DII Fort Lewis College. If they lose to Cal Poly this weekend they will be 8-3 with a DII win. If Cal Poly loses they will also be at 8-3 but with a win over FBS Wyoming. I think we are better off having Cal Poly win on Saturday to be at 9-2 and Northern Arizona with us at 8-3 with a DII win.

Comment

Originally posted by el_presidente View Post
                              I did a little looking and Northern Arizona has a win over DII Fort Lewis College. If they lose to Cal Poly this weekend they will be 8-3 with a DII win. If Cal Poly loses they will also be at 8-3 but with a win over FBS Wyoming. I think we are better off having Cal Poly win on Saturday to be at 9-2 and Northern Arizona with us at 8-3 with a DII win.
                              Agree but also feel that Cal-Poly should be out if they lose and the 2nd place MVFC teams in. I may be biased.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I think the Jacks, Bison, and Redbirds all deserve to be in there. I don't like that guys selections with 4 teams from the Big Sky and only two from the MVC. In other matchups this weekend and records of interest I will be following:

Sam Houston St (8-2) at FBS Texas A&M should drop SHST to 8-3. (SHST beat "Incarnate Word" which I'm guessing is DII)
                                Wofford (8-2) at FBS South Carolina should drop Wofford to 8-3. (Wofford beat "Lincoln, PA" which is DII)
                                Georgia Southern (8-2) at FBS Georgia should drop GS to 8-3.
                                Old Dominion (9-1) against James Madison (7-3). James Madison is a bubble team but could drop to 7-4.
                                Villanova (7-3) against Delaware (5-5). Delaware could help us out by upsetting Villanova dropping them to 7-4.
                                E Illinois (7-3) against Cent. Arkansas (8-2). This could either result in two more 8-3 or a 9-2 Cent Arkansas with E. Illinois eliminated at 7-4.

And of course MVC, ND State (9-1) and Illinois State (8-2). An NDSU win puts Illinois State into the 8-3 fight.
                                Second MVC, Indiana State (7-3) and Youngstown State (6-4). Indiana State has a DII win and Youngstown can only get to 7.

I will do some additional research tonight if any of those possible 8-3 teams have a DII win as a part of that.

Additions:

Samford (7-3) is a bubble team plays FBS Kentucky (1-9). If Samford gets the upset it would put them at 8-3.

Comment

Working...
                                X