Coyotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coyotes

If we're not playing USD, I'm generally happy to see them do well. Sometimes anyhow. But this week is going to be nothing but smack, smack, smack. I expect a W Saturday. Playoffs?!?! Yes, playoffs!

Far across the plains of Brookings,
    Far as I can see.
    Stands an old abandoned outhouse,
    Called the University.
    (It's in Vermillion.)

I think I have that right. It's been awhile. Let's go, Jacks!
    Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

I am so offended. JackJD, we have big time smack...big time...in the football section. I demand sanctions be imposed. And here I thought all of you just hated when someone from the U acts like this. This calls for one dead jack

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
        You would fit in well with the rest of the USD women! JkSorry for the smack... Too easy
        And this also. Are there no boundaries?

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
          I am so offended. JackJD, we have big time smack...big time...in the football section. I demand sanctions be imposed. And here I thought all of you just hated when someone from the U acts like this. This calls for one dead jack
          You serious Clark?
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
            And this also. Are there no boundaries?
            If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen
            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Hmmm...thinking about several rules here...

A. Smack should be religated to smack threads;
              B. SDSU fans have more leeway than visiting fans when it comes to violating the first rule;
              C. Truth is a defense.

Hmmm...still thinking.

(Serious: let's try to keep smack in the smack section.)

Comment

Originally posted by poppa1 View Post
                The Chain Gang has a great tailgating spot, and welcomes everyone. Also the Alumni Association has a tent that is heated, and welcomes all alumni and friends. The spots are easy to find in the backyard.
                Ya the alumni site says it is open to friends and fans. I would think player's parents meet that standard.

http://www.statealum.com/s/1108/inde...=13&calcid=685

Comment

I want a shut out. 42-0

Comment

Anybody have any good images or logos of SDSU stuff that would print nicely. we are decorating the office for the game saturday and majority of the office is either SDSU or USD. So every is decorating with their school colors. I have a few but was hoping that fans had some stuff that they could share here with the rabbit, or logo or the interwinded SD.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

It's not just the fans who see this week's game as their "Superbowl". Here's a quote from Coach Glen taken from today's Yankton P&D:

“This is it; this game means more than anything.”

Comment

All the pressure is on the Jackrabbits this Saturday and that is just how it should be and exactly how it use to be. SDSU was the biggest game of the year for USD and Augie back in the DII days and it is now the biggest game of the year for USD at the DI level. Making that observation is not smack its just fact.

The Jackrabbits have to dominate this game and win in convincing fashion to position themselves in the GPI for a home playoff game. The time is now. The seniors that have worked hard to put themselves in this position are not going to let the worst team in the MVFC stand in their way. The underclassmen that have contributed on the game field and in practice are ready to experience the playoffs, hopefully a deep run, and to build on that in the immediate future.

SDSU needs this win and they need it badly. I'm not sure this years team has what it takes to win a national championship but I'd like to see them make a run at it. I know a playoff appearance and a win or 2 will go along way towards a shot at the title in the next 1-2 years. The time is now, need to go out there Saturday and take care of business.

We will be in full force at the Yankton Jackrabbit tailgate site. Smoked pork shoulder, shelter and heat will be available. Wear your Jackrabbit gear and bring some beverages.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Yeah, I suppose the pressure is all on the Jacks this week but I don't see that as a negative thing. I would be more nervous about it if there wasn't anything on the line. If they win, they're in the playoffs. Add that motivation to wanting to beat the instate rival and my feeling is they will come out and let the Yotes have it with both barrels.

Let's get it done as fans and make sure we show up no matter what the weather is and give this team a proper send off!

Maybe I'm crazy but I'd love another shot at the Bison in the playoffs. We know we can beat them, so do they.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                            ...I'd love another shot at the Bison in the playoffs. We know we can beat them, so do they.
                            THIS!

Comment

They are doing a huge spread in the Yankton P&D. Have been advertising in the paper requesting advertisements from local businesses about the "big game" for a month now. Any coyote fan that tells you this isn't what the whole season has been about isn't being completely honest. Sure, they expected a win or 2, maybe 3 in conference but ultimately it has been all about Nov 17th. I'd say it somewhat akin to what happened in 2007 when NDSU came into Brookings undefeated but ineligible for the playoffs with the exception that SDSU has a lot more to play for this year and a much lesser opponent.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                                They are doing a huge spread in the Yankton P&D. Have been advertising in the paper requesting advertisements from local businesses about the "big game" for a month now. Any coyote fan that tells you this isn't what the whole season has been about isn't being completely honest. Sure, they expected a win or 2, maybe 3 in conference but ultimately it has been all about Nov 17th. I'd say it somewhat akin to what happened in 2007 when NDSU came into Brookings undefeated but ineligible for the playoffs with the exception that SDSU has a lot more to play for this year and a much lesser opponent.
                                And if an SDSU fan says something? Or all business owners Coyote grads?

Comment

Working...
                                X