Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Game Day: NDSU

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    Its not the opinions that piss me off. Its the people that THINK they are experts at coaching that piss me off. And the ones who call the coaches idiots when they have no experience at coaching. They have no clue
    I for one are not one of those people,. I think our coaches came into this game with the best game plan possible. They might have been a little to aggressive in our people covering Ryan Smith #4. He is the guy that ran a punt in for a TD last year and Coach Stig mentioned this at one of DM meetings. This seemed to generate a lot of penalties. Are we becoming as crusty and crude as Bisonville? I dont think so. We got to win at least one NC before we head down that road.
    Last edited by Nidaros; 11-10-2012, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Completely dissapointed during the game, that blew. Without mistakes Jacks should win. NDSU defense obviously gassed at the end.

Thinking about it, after a couple of homebrews, SDSU played straight up against arguably the best team in FCS, ON THEIR FIELD. Jacks can and should beat the Bison. Bison should watch out because there will be Jacks in the playoffs waiting for the rematch.
      You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

I don't blame our coaching staff for the loss. Did they make mistakes, yes. I would imagine someone on that coaching staff, got a talking to tonight for the 12 man penalty. Players weren't to blame. Did some of them make mistakes, yes. But that is the ebbs and flows of a football game.
        We did come out tight, we had fumbles drops, etc.
        Defense I think played great. Offense looked very good at times. The Bison defense is VERY good, one of the best if not the best in the country. Give them all the credit, they didn't move at critical times, they didn't have late hits, and when it came time to deliver, they did. Well coached, very solid team. The good part, we went into #1 house, and gave them all they could handle. This is good for us, we beat the heck out of USD next weekend and get into the playoffs. We know we can beat anyone, now it is about executing when the game is on the line. This the the steps in learning to be a great football team.

Comment

Time to grow up...I'm not sure when all of you realized it, but shortly after I entered the real world...graduation...I realized its all about the bottom line. We have one hell of a strong team on the field, however our coaches are not at the same level. Time to up the ante. Example, look at the wresteling team and the vast improvements made in a few short months. Results counts (wins) nothing else.

Comment

I ended up not listening to any of the game.

Since it was so nice out, my grandma wanted help putting up her Christmas lights, so I loaded up my kids and we went to her house and put up lights and played outside. It was a great time! And the best part is, I didn't even lose any years off my life listening to the game.

She also made her patented homemade soup and chocolate cake. *drool*

It appears it was the defensive battle we all thought it was going to be, and it sounds like we shot ourselves in the foot, especially towards the end. Bummer.
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              I was at the game. Our guys played a much better game than what I had expected out of them. Our defense shined at times. LaRon Butler interception was big. On Bison Talk after the game, they thought their player that hung on to Butler's Jersey may have saved the game. The Bison Offense is not working very well right now. Seems like the Bison fans yearn for the same display in the early games of the season, where the competition was not the same as today. The Bison defense is awesome, but we managed to keep the passes away from Marcus Williams. If our offense had managed to capitalize on the turnovers with out a doubt we would have won the game. If the the Bison expect a repeat in Frisco Texas, they are going to have to improve a great deal offensively. How much more can the defense carry the team. If there is a weakness in their progam, its the offense.

I used some one tickets today who happens to be a Bison season ticket holder. Their enthusiasm is unreal. We can learn much from them.
              Agreed. It is an unreal atmosphere. And they go to great lengths to support their team. Last year, most of the east side of CAS was green. We had a sliver of fans in the NW corner of the dome today. And to the person who thought our D was horrible. You needed to be at the game today. They played well. NDSU had 13 drives. On 10 of those drives, they had 6 plays or fewer. The Jacks had 12 drives. On ten of those drives, we had 6 plays or fewer. But the Jacks only had 3 drives in the game with a time of possession greater than 2 minutes. Until the our TD drive, we had 4 drives with a total of 13 plays for 22 yards in the second half. That's it. Our total time of possession in the 2nd half was 7:00 minutes. The D had a lapse in coverage on the TD pass when the safeties (not the LB who hustled to try to cover) bit on play action and left a guy wide open, but other than that...they played pretty darn solid in my opinion. As for the substitution penalty...totally on the coaches. They didn't communicate and said so after the game.

Comment

Reality check: Jacks hung with the, and probably should have beaten, the best team in FCS at their place. We made too many mistakes to win. Simple as that. It's not some systemic coaching or recruiting problem. In fact, I'd say our coaches and players generally overachieve, given the limitations (facilities, salaries, football budget in general) that are placed on them.

Moving on: Beat USD. Go to the playoffs. Win. Play more.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

This is what makes SDSU/NDSU great teams.....defense.

Jacks have a very good defense along with the Bison. The Jacks only had 130 total yards until that last drive when the Bison played their frickin 'prevent'. All a prevent does is set you up for failure....found that out against Eastern Wash in 2010 playoffs. I hate it.

Great game.

Both of these teams are made for the playoffs:

Great defenses
                  Power running game

USD game shouldn't be a problem but they will have nothing to lose in that game.

A 8-3 Jacks team should get a 1st round home game. Probably get a 'fair weather' team coming to CAS in late Nov......should be a win.

If the Jacks/Bison meet up again it most likely will be another great game.

Comment

I would be shocked if the Jacks get a home playoff game. Last time we went 8-3 we had to play at the #1 seed.
                    Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by valleyrabbit View Post
                      I would be shocked if the Jacks get a home playoff game. Last time we went 8-3 we had to play at the #1 seed.

But in 09 there were only 16 teams in the playoffs. This year 20....next year 24.

With SOS and ranking...IMO, they get a 1st round home game.

My 2$

Comment

Nope. Not even a nights's sleep has me feeling better about the mistakes on the last Bison touchdown drive. A personnel mistake on a field goal attempt in the 10th game of the season. Unfathomable. Just inexcusable. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
                        Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by Bison Fan in NW MN View Post
                          But in 09 there were only 16 teams in the playoffs. This year 20....next year 24.

With SOS and ranking...IMO, they get a 1st round home game.

My 2$

Folks, let us not forget! In order to get to 8 wins we need to beat the Coyotes first. They will come to CAS with a chip on their shoulder, absolutely nothing to lose and and opportunity to knock the Jacks out of the playoffs. Should the Jacks win this game? Yes!

The game vs the Bison was a classic example of making it tough on yourself with far to many mistakes that simply should not happen at this time of the year. Maybe the loss to the Bison will focus this Jackrabbit team and they will come out smokin!

GBGBGJ

Comment

This ^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by valleyrabbit View Post
                              But remember, the bottom 8 teams that make the playoffs will play the first week. The top 12 get a bye. IF we beat USD and IF NDSU beats Ill St....given our strength of schedule and other factors, we should host an opening round game.

Comment

Originally posted by Grape Ape View Post
                                But remember, the bottom 8 teams that make the playoffs will play the first week. The top 12 get a bye. IF we beat USD and IF NDSU beats Ill St....given our strength of schedule and other factors, we should host an opening round game.
                                I don't cheer for the Bison very often,but I think it is in the Jacks best interests if they beat ISU-Red

Comment

Working...
                                X