Game Day: NDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game Day: NDSU

We can't win big games and will not with current leadership, the staff believes in moral victories and playing just good enough. Difference between SDSU and NDSU is the Bison play to be champions and win championships the Jacks don't. The stupid undisciplined penalties and over conservative play calling is what kills the Jacks year in and year out. .
    MISSOURI VALLEY NATION
    http://missourivalleyfootball.com

South Dakota State University
    http://gojacks.com

Comment

Without 2 of the most unbelievably stupid mental errors I've seen coming in quick succession on that drive, we beat the #1 team in the country at their house.

But, we made those stupid errors and lost the game. I gotta give it up to NDSU.

Comment

Stig's post-game comments should be interesting.

Comment

With all those academic All-Americans that we have on the squad,you would think someone should be able to count to eleven.

Comment

I can't even listen to stig right now

Comment

I'm embarrassed. Traveled all the way up here to have it end that way.
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Post stig comments please. Lost my connection to the radio.
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

TM: Tough one to loose
                  Stig: Especially when you make errors...not the players' fault, my fault in the end.
                  TM: you come back with nice drive, FG before halftime...lot of momentum and tied game at half
                  Stig: Two good defenses playing. I think it was even.
                  TM: 4th quarter...roughing the passer pentalty and the substitution penalty. What happened?
                  Stig: We huddled...we had called Time out and talked about putting a guy in...he went in and the guy he went in for didn't come out. yOU'RE cranked up and chance to tie and win...just didn't have clarity and that's my fault.

We played well...they were playing their defense...we had high expectations ...think we can play better crowd or no crowd.;..

Defensively, good stops, again: want to beat the no 1 team in America, have to play your best football. We'll watch film and be just sick but we'll rebound.

TM compared to UNI. Stig: referred to JeRyan's turnover and then we couldn't get 1st down. Gotta give NDSU credit...ranked #1 for a reason. Had to play out best football and we didn't.

(Typing as fast as I could while listening...that's rough but you'll get the gist of it.)

Comment

Hmmm....looks like none of standard Bison excuses (see list in the smack thread) can be claimed by us. Actually: no excuses. Just flubbed it up at the end. That is correctable but geez, sure is frustrating.

Comment

We deserved to lose and we did and honestly we made way to many mistakes and almost won still. Could have won but we didn't play well enugh too get a win. Man I hate losing to those guys.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

[QUOTE=bigticket1;212320]With all those academic All-Americans that we have on the squad,you would think someone should be able to count to eleven.[/QUOTE

That illegal substitution penalty was certainly the last straw. But, where would a person start with the foolish penalties and mental errors.

Two late critical motion penalties, roughing the QB on a play that had zero to do with how the play would have ended, a pund of 13 yards that went way into the stands when we tried to pin the Bison deep, defensive holding when we had a QB sack, how many blocks in the back during returns, it just seems to go on and on. Plus, each and every penalty seem to kill us for field position or points. And than of course the illegal sub after a time out! No excuse. This was the most undisiplined effort I've seen from the Jacks for many years.

We can play with the number 1 ranked team in the nation but not with mistake after mistake. Sad

GBGBGJ

Comment

I'm still kind of in shock about the mental errors that last defensive possession.

Damn.

Kinda a bummer of a weekend for Jacksrabbit athletics.

Hopefully we show up focused next weekend. It is the yotes Super Bowl.
                          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                            Motherf****** stupidity. Unacceptable penalties. Everybody can walk the hell home as far as I'm concerned. There are no excuses for the D on that last drive. None. No discussion. None. End of discussion. All 13 players on the field and the coaching staff need to just stay the he'll in Fargo. God damn pathetic.

Take a chill pill. Its only a ****ing game.

Comment

The offense needs to play with the sense of urgency for the entire game that they show in the last 3 minutes of each half. It's amazing that the defense holds up as well as they do considering the amount of time they are on the field.

Comment

We completely abandoned the run in the second half. Not saying we would have been effective, but we only gave ZZ the ball about 3 times the whole second half. That's really questionable to me. Oh, also don't have 12 men on the field after a fricken TO. Just unreal. It was tough seeing the players after the game. I can't imagine the feelings they have after that game.
                                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Working...
                                X