Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bison Week

Originally posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    the bison invented changing the national anthem to and the Home of the (Insert Team Name Here). haha. bison fans like to do that esp. with jack fans in attendance cuz we know how irked some of you get. i honestly dont think its that big of a deal and just an excuse for somebody to point fingers at the other team. my two cents.
    Bison Myopia strikes again. Variations of altering the national anthem have been going on at sporting events from Oklahoma Sooners football to Baltimore Orioles baseball for decades. Not that it alters the argument over whether or not it is classless and disrespectful.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      Winning (in the style of charlie sheen)
      Mother of all oxymorons.

Comment

[QUOTE=ndsubison1;211889i honestly dont think its that big of a deal[/QUOTE]

Of course people from a Canadian suburb would think it's no big deal to yell during the United States anthem.
        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by BudLight Jackrabbit View Post
          I know the game is on FCS on Directv but just to be safe does anyone know of places in Sioux Falls that would have the game on??

My guess would be a Buffalo Wild Wings or maybe Rookies
          You might check the new sports bar Starz. Its at 57th and Western. There is an SDSU watch party there for the USD game so I'd assume they may carry this weekend's game too.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Football team is practicing with simulated crowd noise

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
              Bison Myopia strikes again. Variations of altering the national anthem have been going on at sporting events from Oklahoma Sooners football to Baltimore Orioles baseball for decades. Not that it alters the argument over whether or not it is classless and disrespectful.
              you missed the haha after that

Comment

Originally posted by BudLight Jackrabbit View Post
                I know the game is on FCS on Directv but just to be safe does anyone know of places in Sioux Falls that would have the game on??

My guess would be a Buffalo Wild Wings or maybe Rookies
                212 in Brandon always has SDSU games on, and lots of people watching them.
                One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

So I got all excited and was ready to sleep in and watch some sdsu tomorrow and then watch whs take on brandon later on in high school championship final and then my wife had to go burst my bubble and say should you go to bed you work the morning shift tomrrow. Turns out apparently its not friday night yet. I sure was hoping it was.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    So I got all excited and was ready to sleep in and watch some sdsu tomorrow and then watch whs take on brandon later on in high school championship final and then my wife had to go burst my bubble and say should you go to bed you work the morning shift tomrrow. Turns out apparently its not friday night yet. I sure was hoping it was.
                    Then you would have missed the Jacks opening basketball game. 
                    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                      Then you would have missed the Jacks opening basketball game. 
                      Dang it I would have probably forgotten about that now. If my wife will let me go over to my parents to watch it but not sure if she is a fan of me leaving so she gets to deal with putting our son to bed and she is left alone while I watch basketball....but then again she might want to get me out of the house for some peace and quite. Otherwise I am stuck listening to tyler on the radio and cleaning out the shop in the basement.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

also SDSU fans going to the game, make sure to wear blue not yellow. otherwise you will blend in with the john deer crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by ndsubison1 View Post
                          the best way to beat our defense is by quickening the pace and going up tempo. our defense subs a lot and relies on our base defense mostly when a team goes no huddle. msu did this a little too late against us. they gave us troubles late in the 4th when they started doing that. it will be interesting to see what our defense focuses on most. most likely zenner and the running game, but they still have to respect sumner and the passing game. i am sure they will be trying to put as much pressure as possible on him to force to him to make quick and uncomfortable decisions. if we allow him enough time to throw and sdsu gets the running game going you guys have a good shot to win. most bison fans should be nervous. we have no idea how our offense is going to perform. we struggled against msu. sdsu is much better.
                          Jacks have done well in the hurry up setting and I am looking for more of that Saturday. It will largely depend on how well SDSU's defense can stop the Bison run game and get off the field. Last week against a SIU team that had been horrible on 3rd down the Jacks made SIU look like one of the nation's best for the first 3 1/2 quarters.

If SDSU comes out as flat as they were in Illinois the Bison will get an early lead and likely a relatively easy win. I think the Jackrabbits have to get on the board first, win the turnover battle and Zenner needs to be more effective than he was at SIU. Without those things a Bison victory is likely as I see it.

Now, if this years SDSU team has proven anything its that they shouldn't be counted out until the final whistle (except for the UNI game).
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by i_got_a_fever
                            Disagree. The Jack's D, outside of that first drive to start the 3rd quarter, dominated the the 2nd half.
                            More accurately the first 2 quarters. 2nd half was a much better performance, no doubt. My point, at one time I believe SIU was 7 or 8 for 11 on 3rd down conversions. I am all for a bend don't break approach and understand 3rd down conversions don't equal points in all instances. That said, if the Bison have a 70% success rate on 3rd down I think the Jacks are screwed.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Anybody else grilling bison burgers tomorrow?

Comment

[QUOTE=jackmd;211980]More accurately the first 2 quarters. 2nd half was a much better

Actually, SIU didn't get a single first down in the second half (unless my memory is faulty..and at my age that is certainly possible!!)

Comment

Working...
                                X