X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UWMandSDSU
    replied
    Re: Future Schedules

I don't think TCU has bought out the game...just not yet. Correct?

Leave a comment:

• SUPERBUNNY
    replied

Is there a downside to this? $400,000 in the bank. Now can schedule another game. Here's an idea, take some of that $400,000 and make sure we have a 6th home game.

SUPERBUNNY

Leave a comment:

• mnjackrbt
    replied

• On Sept. 5, 2015, TCU will play the Gophers at TCF Bank Stadium, and the Gophers won’t pay anything. In fact, Minnesota was previously scheduled to play South Dakota State on that date, but TCU agreed to take over that contract, which includes a $400,000 buyout for which Minnesota is no longer responsible.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/go...206443331.html

Leave a comment:

• jacksfaninne
    replied

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Star Trib Gopher beat writer just tweeted that the Gophers are dropping the 2015 Jacks game , and that TCU is taking on the game as part of a Gopher -TCU agreement.
    Is TCU taking on the game with us or are they taking on the buyout?

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Star Trib Gopher beat writer just tweeted that the Gophers are dropping the 2015 Jacks game , and that TCU is taking on the game as part of a Gopher -TCU agreement.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    Butler is in the Pioneer League...conference mate of Valpo. D1 no scholarships.

The last time we hosted a Pioneer League football opponent was 05-06 when we beat Valpo 69-6. I think the year before, NDSU shut out Valpo and I think the score was 63-0. I recall that the Valpo coach, in the post-game press conference, vowed he'd never schedule a scholarship program again.
    Valpo and nearly everyone in the Pioneer League have great BB programs. I noticed Bulter took Valpo 56-17 in fb last season, so Valpo is still struggling in FB but gave MSU a good fight today in bb. So we can never tell. I glad we chose the defending champ for a game. It could be close.

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

Butler is in the Pioneer League...conference mate of Valpo. D1 no scholarships.

The last time we hosted a Pioneer League football opponent was 05-06 when we beat Valpo 69-6. I think the year before, NDSU shut out Valpo and I think the score was 63-0. I recall that the Valpo coach, in the post-game press conference, vowed he'd never schedule a scholarship program again.

Leave a comment:

• witness
    replied

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    Playing THIS. (I guess you'll have to click to see it larger.)[ATTACH=CONFIG]442[/ATTACH]Color me unimpressed.
    Yes their schedule was weak, jacks should win by at least 14+

Leave a comment:

• RowdyRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by witness View Post
    Yes, they were 3-8 last year but Butler was 8-3.
    Playing THIS. (I guess you'll have to click to see it larger.)

butler fb sched.jpg

Color me unimpressed.

Leave a comment:

• witness
    replied

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    Wasn't WIU a MVFC bottom dweller last year (like 4-7 or 3-8), or am I remembering something wrong?If we don't beat them by 21 or more I'll be surprised and disappointed.
    Yes, they were 3-8 last year but Butler was 8-3.

Leave a comment:

• RowdyRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    This might be tougher than you think. They gave WIU a game last year (23-15) and were 8-3.
    Wasn't WIU a MVFC bottom dweller last year (like 4-7 or 3-8), or am I remembering something wrong?

If we don't beat them by 21 or more I'll be surprised and disappointed.

Leave a comment:

• NoVaJack
    replied

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
    Really good opening game for us. Non-scholly DI schools are the perfect opener because they give you a tune up game and a victory against them counts towards the playoffs.
    This might be tougher than you think. They gave WIU a game last year (23-15) and were 8-3.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

I am so glad we got a home game. A 7th road game would really suck. A home game even if it cost money means an extra chance to win a game to help get to playoffs I think is worth it. On my soap box now and I've said it before and will say it again having as many home games is so important to build a culture of sdsu football. If we want a nice shiny new stadium 5 home games won't cut it imo. 6 helps with bringing more revune which can help if having to pay a game to come in. But to build a stadium and increase fan support we need 6 home games more years then not. Especially if we can play 12 games then there are no excuses to not have 6-6.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
    A few extra $$ added to season tickets is well worth another home game before Hobo Day. Any report on what we are paying to get Butler to come to Coughlin?

Also, Hobo Day is early this year, Oct. 5, and I believe Dakota Days conflicts with Hobo Day.
    According to TV blog, Justin Sell is being rather tight lipped about the amount, since it will affect future negotiations for future games. Here is excerpt from his blog:

There was a cost, of course. Sell declined to disclose the exact amount that SDSU will pay for the game because he’s concerned that could hurt the Jacks in future one-game negotiations. He said it’s lower than the roughly $200,000 North Dakota State reportedly has payed for home games, but not by a lot. There’s less risk in that than there was, say, six years ago because the Jacks - coming off their second playoff berth in four years - now draw well at home regardless of the opponent.

I suspect it might be 160k to 190k range. Just my guess and in between the lines reading.

Leave a comment:

• Prairiehaas
    replied

A few extra $$ added to season tickets is well worth another home game before Hobo Day. Any report on what we are paying to get Butler to come to Coughlin?

Also, Hobo Day is early this year, Oct. 5, and I believe Dakota Days conflicts with Hobo Day.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X