Clear All

• Nidaros
    replied
    Re: Future Schedules

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    November 12, 2016, USD @ SDSU.

Brand shiny new stadium.

Brand shiny new attendance record?

Closed circuit to Justin Sell: Are you SURE you want to put in only 18,500 seats?
    I believe this facilty has expansion options which means expansion starts whenever we turn fans away.
    Last edited by Nidaros; 10-10-2013, 05:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied

November 12, 2016, USD @ SDSU.

Brand shiny new stadium.

Brand shiny new attendance record?

Closed circuit to Justin Sell: Are you SURE you want to put in only 18,500 seats?
    Last edited by filbert; 10-10-2013, 05:33 PM. Reason: Added smiley which somehow got neglected in the first edition of the post

Leave a comment:

• KUlawJack
    replied

KU back on the schedule. I like it. I also like seeing a powderpuff like Robert Morris on there too. Also like the TCU game. That trip to Dallas should be a blast.

Do not like playing NDSU so early in the season. I would rather have them late when we have them at home. I wish they would put either USD or NDSU as the last game of the season each year for our home schedule. Wishful thinking I guess.

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=209281013

Getting the schedules set for the next 3 yrs. Glad to see Cal Poly coming here again.
    Also glad to see they are getting a 6th home game in most of the upcoming years.

Leave a comment:

• mitchellrabbit
    replied

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=209281013

Getting the schedules set for the next 3 yrs. Glad to see Cal Poly coming here again.

Leave a comment:

• TK22867
    replied

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    Hope for a buyout and try to get Nebraska, Kansas/Kansas State or Iowa State instead? Or hope you play the game? $400K for doing nothing wouldn't be the worst thing, but would probably want to find another game anyways.
    Nebraska will probably be a no since they are in the B1G. I'll take the $400k buyout from TCU and then schedule another FBS away game. Colorado? Utah?

Leave a comment:

• joeboo22
    replied

Hope for a buyout and try to get Nebraska, Kansas/Kansas State or Iowa State instead? Or hope you play the game? $400K for doing nothing wouldn't be the worst thing, but would probably want to find another game anyways.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
    This is not legal advice. Repeat, I do not represent you and this is not legal advice.* Its just my own personal thoughts.

Contracts can be assigned. A contract with an assignment clause could require the non-assigning party to consent to any assignment. On the other hand, Minnesota may have said they want the clause to read that the contract is assignable without the other party's consent. It's not always a matter of someone screwing up when the other party exercises their rights under the contract and may have been bargained for in the negotiating process.

There is also something called novation, where one original party to the contract is replaced by another party. This requires consent of all parties.

Those are just some random thoughts on the subject and in no way is it any in-depth legal analysis.

*Not directed at you specifically SDSUAlum08. Just putting that out there so no one thinks I'm analyzing SDSU's contract or representing them or anyone else in any way.

Keep in mind, none of us know the terms of the contract so this is all speculation and guess work.
    Good stuff, not much as changed since the summer of 1965. Hats off to Rob Peterson, I think he now has an understanding of novation. Getting TCU to step up took some legal work on someone's behalf.
    Last edited by Nidaros; 05-08-2013, 09:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
    This is not legal advice. Repeat, I do not represent you and this is not legal advice....
    Yeah, right. It's legal advice and the entire message board is relying on it.

Leave a comment:

• LakeJack
    replied

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...-football-2015

Leave a comment:

• KUlawJack
    replied

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    If SDSU ok'd the move to TCU then I can understand, but was it a mistake by State in the contract that allowed them to do it.
    This is not legal advice. Repeat, I do not represent you and this is not legal advice.* Its just my own personal thoughts.

Contracts can be assigned. A contract with an assignment clause could require the non-assigning party to consent to any assignment. On the other hand, Minnesota may have said they want the clause to read that the contract is assignable without the other party's consent. It's not always a matter of someone screwing up when the other party exercises their rights under the contract and may have been bargained for in the negotiating process.

There is also something called novation, where one original party to the contract is replaced by another party. This requires consent of all parties.

Those are just some random thoughts on the subject and in no way is it any in-depth legal analysis.

*Not directed at you specifically SDSUAlum08. Just putting that out there so no one thinks I'm analyzing SDSU's contract or representing them or anyone else in any way.

Keep in mind, none of us know the terms of the contract so this is all speculation and guess work.

Leave a comment:

• SDSUAlum08
    replied

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
    According to TV we are going to be playing TCU in 2015, this is good and bad. IMO, TCU is better than the Gophers so it lessens our chances of an upset, however this could be our chance for a Top 25 upset.
    If SDSU ok'd the move to TCU then I can understand, but was it a mistake by State in the contract that allowed them to do it.

Leave a comment:

• BigGoosie13
    replied

According to TV we are going to be playing TCU in 2015, this is good and bad. IMO, TCU is better than the Gophers so it lessens our chances of an upset, however this could be our chance for a Top 25 upset.

Leave a comment:

• SDSUAlum08
    replied

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
    Is there a downside to this? $400,000 in the bank. Now can schedule another game. Here's an idea, take some of that $400,000 and make sure we have a 6th home game. SUPERBUNNY
    Only downside is for people like me who are from MN and are Gopher fans. Looks like it could be a positive for SDSU.

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied

I wouldn't think a contract like this would be written such that it could be sold from one host school to another, but the devil's in the details.

My best guess is that Minny and TCU just agreed that TCU would fork over the buyout of SDSU from Minny's contract.

TCU and SDSU would (and always have been) free to negotiate a game between them, but that would be separate and distinct from the SDSU-Minny contract.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X