X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rabidrabbit
    replied
    Re: Future Schedules

Moving to 11 in 2020, possibly 12. UND move is set. Murray St.'s addition to MVC/MVFC is still up for negotiation. YSU is the odd duck, in that they are in Horizon League for all other sports. The issue for the eastern schools was to skip more than 1 trip/year to Dakotas. So far that's working out. The only way to avoid that in future with 4 Dakotas, is to have the Dakotas play each other year, and rotate 2 teams off from the east. I'm feeling a Summit/MVC split coming, but I think either UNI or MoST will get put on the Summit side, rather than YSU. That puts most of the better rated teams the last 5 years on the western (or Summit) side of the MVFC.

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
    I thought the B10 had a mandate against scheduling FCS schools....surprised to see Minnesota on the schedule.
    They ditched that about a month ago.

Leave a comment:

• NebraskaJack
    replied

I thought the B10 had a mandate against scheduling FCS schools....surprised to see Minnesota on the schedule.

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
    With the valley having 10 team there is always a team we won't play for a 2 year span. This year and last year it's Indiana State. 2018 and 2019 its Western Illinois
    Hmm, I recall that being mentioned regarding the Sycamores, but I thought the 'necks were informally similar to the Bison and Panthers in that the Jacks would pretty much always schedule them (and that maybe ISU-R would be the other team that they'd alternate scheduling).

Thanks for teaching me something new.
    Last edited by jakejc795; 10-12-2017, 05:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• westernjack
    replied

With the valley having 10 team there is always a team we won't play for a 2 year span. This year and last year it's Indiana State. 2018 and 2019 its Western Illinois

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    Just retweeting so it is easier to find. Do we have any updates on 2018 and 2019 games?
    W. Ill. is missing from the 2018 schedule. Did they announce the Jacks wouldn't play them next season?

Might they leave 9/28/19 open to only schedule 12 games?

Also, are Jacks prohibited from scheduling 'Yotes for Hobo Day in future?

Leave a comment:

• Rabbit74
    replied

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
    I would think the 2018 and 2019 games could change by quite a bit since UND is going to be added to the conference slate.
    UND doesn't join the MVFC until 2020. Joins the Summit only next year.

Leave a comment:

• BTownJack
    replied

I would think the 2018 and 2019 games could change by quite a bit since UND is going to be added to the conference slate.

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
    Looking at the 2016 media guide, I saw some future schedules for the next 3 years. Not sure if this has been posted. No FBS game in 2017, winnable games against ISU and Minnesota in 2018-2019.

Sept. 2 DUQUESNE
    Sept. 9 @ Montana State
    Sept. 16 DRAKE
    Sept. 23 OPEN
    Sept. 30 @ Youngstown State
    Oct. 7 SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
    Oct. 14 NORTHERN IOWA
    Oct. 21 @ Missouri State
    Oct. 28 @ Western Illinois
    Nov. 4 NORTH DAKOTA STATE
    Nov. 11 ILLINOIS STATE
    Nov. 18 @ South Dakota

Sept. 1 @ Iowa State
    Sept. 8 MONTANA STATE
    Sept. 15 OPEN
    Sept. 22 OPEN
    Sept. 29 @ North Dakota State
    Oct. 6 INDIANA STATE
    Oct. 13 YOUNGSTOWN STATE
    Oct. 20 @ Northern Iowa
    Oct. 27 @ Illinois State
    Nov. 3 MISSOURI STATE
    Nov. 10 @ Southern Illinois
    Nov. 17 SOUTH DAKOTA

Aug. 29 @ Minnesota
    Sept. 7 OPEN
    Sept. 14 @ Drake
    Sept. 21 OPEN
    Sept. 28 OPEN
    Oct. 5 SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
    Oct. 12 @ Youngstown State
    Oct. 19 @ Indiana State
    Oct. 26 NORTH DAKOTA STATE
    Nov. 2 @ Missouri State
    Nov. 9 ILLINOIS STATE
    Nov. 16 NORTHERN IOWA
    Nov. 23 @ South Dakota
    Just retweeting so it is easier to find. Do we have any updates on 2018 and 2019 games?

Leave a comment:

• 2002jack
    replied

I think State Fair will still be going, and there is Canterbury Downs as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied

Originally posted by goon View Post
    YES, a Thursday game........well wont plan on making that one either I guess. as long as its on TV.
    Would be cool if the Twins had a home game the day before and/or after.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    What a blessing to have children, it often means sacrifice, something I now regret not being part of. Sixty years from now they will be there for you. The missed Minnesota game of 2019 will be very small in the the rear view mirror.
    Yep. I would consider the game on a Saturday. We went to the iowa state and the 2 Nebraska games. Hopefully a lot of sdsu fans can make the game.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Well in a month I we have baby #3 on the way so I didn't want to use PTO then so I can save as much to take time when the baby is here. so I will have zero PTO basically to end the year. some to cover the summit tourney, have to use it to cover holidays we are off. sick days etc, takes a while to build it up. So using 16 hours basically to go to a Thursday night game isn't my idea of the best use of PTO. If I had the PTO build up I don't think I would care as much, but its not convenient and not sure when school starts next year with 2 kids in school. If its a Saturday game we probably try to get tickets there.
    What a blessing to have children, it often means sacrifice, something I now regret not being part of. Sixty years from now they will be there for you. The missed Minnesota game of 2019 will be very small in the the rear view mirror.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    It's in 2019...
    ahh thought it was still 2018. Still hate Thursday games though

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

Well in a month I we have baby #3 on the way so I didn't want to use PTO then so I can save as much to take time when the baby is here. so I will have zero PTO basically to end the year. some to cover the summit tourney, have to use it to cover holidays we are off. sick days etc, takes a while to build it up. So using 16 hours basically to go to a Thursday night game isn't my idea of the best use of PTO. If I had the PTO build up I don't think I would care as much, but its not convenient and not sure when school starts next year with 2 kids in school. If its a Saturday game we probably try to get tickets there.
    It's in 2019...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X