X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSUAlum08
    replied
    Re: Future Schedules

Could they ask the conference for a schedule change? From a revenue standpoint, this would be like USD scheduling their SDSU basketball games as a doubleheader over Christmas break.

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

Originally posted by hareball View Post
    I agree it makes no sense from a $ standpoint, but assuming schedule is correct, the only other home game in October of 2020 is Western Illinois on October 31.
    I'm guessing it will be a late Hobo Day. Is there a list of the previous Hobo Day dates? I feel like there have been multiple on the last or 2nd to last weekend in October in the last decade alone.

Leave a comment:

• Cowbell
    replied

It would be fantastic to play USD on a Hobo Day as it was done years ago. But, it won't happen again unless there are consistent great home crowds (15,000 people plus) for home games from the end of September through the first week of November. USD games are cash cows. So are Hobo Day games. The folks in the athletic department are smart money people. But, I long for the days when USD was the opponent and Hobo Day parade floats carried those themes and it spilled over into the game. Those were special days.

Leave a comment:

• West-River_Jack
    replied

I remember at least one Hobo Halloween

Leave a comment:

• hareball
    replied

I agree it makes no sense from a $ standpoint, but assuming schedule is correct, the only other home game in October of 2020 is Western Illinois on October 31.

Leave a comment:

• SDSUAlum08
    replied

Am guessing that USD at SDSU game on 10/10/20 will also be Hobo Days.
    That needs to be fixed. That’s a lot of lost revenue.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Am guessing that USD at SDSU game on 10/10/20 will also be Hobo Day.
    Fixed it for you. Hobo Day and Hobo Week.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

The USD game is a high attendance game on it's own. You would think another game would be used for Hobo Day to insure another big gate.

Leave a comment:

• hareball
    replied

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    Looks like the USD home games will be in early Oct instead of the last game of the year. I like that better.

Leave a comment:

• mitchellrabbit
    replied

Looks like the USD home games will be in early Oct instead of the last game of the year. I like that better.

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied

Good find!

Leave a comment:

• hareball
    replied

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
    Not for a while. After the season in 2019 I believe. I know I always wait around to find out when the NDSU game is and it is always less than an year from when the season starts. Unless someone else can point us in another direction.
    I believe the conference schedules are tentatively set through 2023 as USD's website shows future schedules through 2023. Future conference schedules are obviously subject to change based on changes in conference membership, etc. I am not sure how accurate this website is https://fbschedules.com/future-colle...all-schedules/ , but it shows future schedules for all FCS & FBS schools.

Leave a comment:

• BTownJack
    replied

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    When will 2020’s conference schedule be released?
    Not for a while. After the season in 2019 I believe. I know I always wait around to find out when the NDSU game is and it is always less than an year from when the season starts. Unless someone else can point us in another direction.

Leave a comment:

• SDSUAlum08
    replied

When will 2020’s conference schedule be released?

Leave a comment:

• slosho
    replied

https://cyclonefanatic.com/2018/06/j...-dakota-state/

"Last season, SDSU lost two regular season games. In both of those games, their opponent absolutely stuffed the running game. That forced Christion to have to throw to win and he was terribly inconsistent in that effort. That is the key, forcing Christion to beat you by himself. He gets inaccurate and will turn the ball over when forced to do so."

I feel this is at least somewhat accurate, But 1 man is not a team, and football is very much a team sport.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X