This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post

Right. That's why I was under that impression though. Seems like I recall that the Western Valley schools would be guaranteed to play every team within their "pod" every year while the eastern schools did the same. For NDSU, that would mean games against UNI, UND, SDSU, USD, and WIU every year. The whole issue with UND coming in was that there were going to be years where ISUr or YSU didn't play SDSU/NDSU in the same season, giving the eastern schools an easier path to a conference championship.
    Looks like the Bison are essentially swapping YSU for UNI. Seems a bit unfair to the Jacks

Comment

• Anyone know what prompted Tarleton to renege on 9/11/21 game against Jacks (if it wasn't cost alone)?

Appears they've also found a DII replacement that day.

Comment

• Can't say anyone is happy to see the Jacks play Lindenwood. Tarleton St was looking good for a team transitioning to D1. I hate that they can't find someone who will come to South Dakota. I'm sure it was who they could find last minute, but we really need to find a way to entice teams to travel here. Teams either don't want to travel to South Dakota or are afraid of playing the Jackrabbits (*cough* Montana *cough*).
        Rollin' in my 5.0
        With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
        Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
          Can't say anyone is happy to see the Jacks play Lindenwood. Tarleton St was looking good for a team transitioning to D1. I hate that they can't find someone who will come to South Dakota. I'm sure it was who they could find last minute, but we really need to find a way to entice teams to travel here. Teams either don't want to travel to South Dakota or are afraid of playing the Jackrabbits (*cough* Montana *cough*).
          Too bad Tarleton hadn't backed out months earlier, as EWU might have been an option (even if it would've meant playing on a neutral field)

EWU is playing DII Central Washington that day. Imagine having the inaugural "FCS Coors Field Classic" that day. Before anyone dismisses that, the Rockies being away at least two days before, and over a week after, and their owner previously expressing interest in hosting a college football game suggests it could happen.

Sure, the Jacks and EWU would lose home games, and the loser may have playoff prospects reduced, but both teams would gain attention, the winner would knock off an FCS "power," thereby bolstering playoff hopes, and it's likely that considerable numbers of fans and/or alums from both institutions either reside in the area or would be willing to travel to Denver to attend
          Last edited by jakejc795; 05-07-2021, 02:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
            I hate that they can't find someone who will come to South Dakota. I'm sure it was who they could find last minute, but we really need to find a way to entice teams to travel here. Teams either don't want to travel to South Dakota or are afraid of playing the Jackrabbits (*cough* Montana *cough*).
            I hate it as well, but I think it's a good problem to have. Somewhat means that you've "made it" when teams are potentially scared to travel to you or set up non conference games with you. At the same time, the valley is so brutal and every win is so crucial that I don't hate it...

My initial thought on the schedule was... dang... NDSU, UNI, UND and SIU all at home, that's going to be a tough road schedule the following year. Then I realized we just went 3-1 on the road against those teams this year - that is quite an accomplishment for this year I didn't even realize we did.

Comment

• If we are relegated to playing a D2 than I wish it could have been a regional one that people are familiar with to drive more attendance and interest.

Comment

• Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post

I hate it as well, but I think it's a good problem to have. Somewhat means that you've "made it" when teams are potentially scared to travel to you or set up non conference games with you. At the same time, the valley is so brutal and every win is so crucial that I don't hate it...

My initial thought on the schedule was... dang... NDSU, UNI, UND and SIU all at home, that's going to be a tough road schedule the following year. Then I realized we just went 3-1 on the road against those teams this year - that is quite an accomplishment for this year I didn't even realize we did.
                Jacks don't play Salukis in 2022, but they will face Bears on road. Non-con home games are UC-Davis and Butler on 9/10 and 9/17, respectively

Next year's schedule is also interesting in that 'Yotes game is 10/8 with Bison and Hawks immediately following that

Comment

• Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                  If we are relegated to playing a D2 than I wish it could have been a regional one that people are familiar with to drive more attendance and interest.
                  2021 "Eck Bowl" with MSU-Mankato would've been interesting; unfortunately, their website doesn't list the 2021 Fall schedule to confirm availability

Comment

• Wonder if ole buddy Dan Jackson would come back for an ass kicking. I’m sure not. But hell we should travel there and still teach him a lesson about football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Was verifying the 2022 schedule to try to convince a couple family members to attend game against 'Yotes, and it looks like Jacks' bye is final week of the season. Not sure I'm a fan of that

Comment

• Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                        Was verifying the 2022 schedule to try to convince a couple family members to attend game against 'Yotes, and it looks like Jacks' bye is final week of the season. Not sure I'm a fan of that
                        Looks like they managed to keep us playing the 3 other Dakota teams on consecutive weeks again next year. Not that it is an issue but seems odd it happens in back to back years.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackBBFan View Post

Looks like they managed to keep us playing the 3 other Dakota teams on consecutive weeks again next year. Not that it is an issue but seems odd it happens in back to back years.
                          I'd be curious if the team prefers that for travel, given UND and NDSU are road .

Three of their final five games will be indoors, and the conference title "picture" could be clear by Halloween

Comment

Was verifying the 2022 schedule to try to convince a couple family members to attend game against 'Yotes, and it looks like Jacks' bye is final week of the season. Not sure I'm a fan of that
                            That is bizarre regarding the bye week. I am confident that the Jacks will NOT lose on Hobo Day next year against Indiana State. If they get seeded in the playoffs the Jacks would have three weeks in between games. Odd to say the least

Comment

• Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post

That is bizarre regarding the bye week. I am confident that the Jacks will NOT lose on Hobo Day next year against Indiana State. If they get seeded in the playoffs the Jacks would have three weeks in between games. Odd to say the least
                              Seems like a schedule that would've been nicer to have this season given Covid roster exemptions, but I guess we'll see.

Comment

I believe you are referring to November 19th. Since you made this post it was announced that our women's basketball team will be playing on that date in the Bahamas in the Battle 4 Atlantis. Now we can all go to the Bahamas and not feel like we are abandoning the football team in the final week of the season.
                                Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Working...
                                X