X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Future Schedules

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
    Not for a while. After the season in 2019 I believe. I know I always wait around to find out when the NDSU game is and it is always less than an year from when the season starts. Unless someone else can point us in another direction.
    I believe the conference schedules are tentatively set through 2023 as USD's website shows future schedules through 2023. Future conference schedules are obviously subject to change based on changes in conference membership, etc. I am not sure how accurate this website is https://fbschedules.com/future-colle...all-schedules/ , but it shows future schedules for all FCS & FBS schools.
    USD Fan

Comment

Good find!
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Looks like the USD home games will be in early Oct instead of the last game of the year. I like that better.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
          Looks like the USD home games will be in early Oct instead of the last game of the year. I like that better.
          Am guessing that USD at SDSU game on 10/10/20 will also be Hobo Days.
          USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
            The USD game is a high attendance game on it's own. You would think another game would be used for Hobo Day to insure another big gate.

Comment

Am guessing that USD at SDSU game on 10/10/20 will also be Hobo Day.
              Fixed it for you. Hobo Day and Hobo Week.

Comment

That needs to be fixed. That’s a lot of lost revenue.
                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I agree it makes no sense from a $ standpoint, but assuming schedule is correct, the only other home game in October of 2020 is Western Illinois on October 31.
                  USD Fan

Comment

I remember at least one Hobo Halloween
                    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

It would be fantastic to play USD on a Hobo Day as it was done years ago. But, it won't happen again unless there are consistent great home crowds (15,000 people plus) for home games from the end of September through the first week of November. USD games are cash cows. So are Hobo Day games. The folks in the athletic department are smart money people. But, I long for the days when USD was the opponent and Hobo Day parade floats carried those themes and it spilled over into the game. Those were special days.

Comment

I agree it makes no sense from a $ standpoint, but assuming schedule is correct, the only other home game in October of 2020 is Western Illinois on October 31.
                        I'm guessing it will be a late Hobo Day. Is there a list of the previous Hobo Day dates? I feel like there have been multiple on the last or 2nd to last weekend in October in the last decade alone.

Comment

Could they ask the conference for a schedule change? From a revenue standpoint, this would be like USD scheduling their SDSU basketball games as a doubleheader over Christmas break.
                          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                            I'm guessing it will be a late Hobo Day. Is there a list of the previous Hobo Day dates? I feel like there have been multiple on the last or 2nd to last weekend in October in the last decade alone.
                            Agreed, and there has.

10-14-17
                            10-22-16
                            10-24-15
                            10-25-14
                            10-5-13
                            10-27-12
                            11-5-11.

Hobo Day will obviously be WIU on 10-31 that year.
                            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Home Game - Southern Utah - Sept. 21st
                              https://suutbirds.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=286

Out of Conference Games:
                              - Away Minnesota Aug. 29th
                              - Open/TBD Sept. 7th
                              - Away Drake Sept. 14th
                              - Home Southern Utah Sept. 21st

12 games are allowed next year. I am assuming we are hoping to fill Sept. 7th with a home game for 6 total home games.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                                Home Game - Southern Utah - Sept. 21st https://suutbirds.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=286Out of Conference Games:- Away Minnesota Aug. 29th- Open/TBD Sept. 7th- Away Drake Sept. 14th- Home Southern Utah Sept. 21st12 games are allowed next year. I am assuming we are hoping to fill Sept. 7th with a home game for 6 total home games.
                                would love to get a home and home with UC Davis, SHSU, Kennesaw, heck maybe even Duquesne(I like those guys) to fill that 9/7 slot.

Comment

Working...
                                X