X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Future Schedules

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
    Really good opening game for us. Non-scholly DI schools are the perfect opener because they give you a tune up game and a victory against them counts towards the playoffs.
    This might be tougher than you think. They gave WIU a game last year (23-15) and were 8-3.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
      This might be tougher than you think. They gave WIU a game last year (23-15) and were 8-3.
      Wasn't WIU a MVFC bottom dweller last year (like 4-7 or 3-8), or am I remembering something wrong?

If we don't beat them by 21 or more I'll be surprised and disappointed.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
        Wasn't WIU a MVFC bottom dweller last year (like 4-7 or 3-8), or am I remembering something wrong?If we don't beat them by 21 or more I'll be surprised and disappointed.
        Yes, they were 3-8 last year but Butler was 8-3.
        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
          Yes, they were 3-8 last year but Butler was 8-3.
          Playing THIS. (I guess you'll have to click to see it larger.)

butler fb sched.jpg

Color me unimpressed.
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
            Playing THIS. (I guess you'll have to click to see it larger.)[ATTACH=CONFIG]442[/ATTACH]Color me unimpressed.
            Yes their schedule was weak, jacks should win by at least 14+
            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Butler is in the Pioneer League...conference mate of Valpo. D1 no scholarships.

The last time we hosted a Pioneer League football opponent was 05-06 when we beat Valpo 69-6. I think the year before, NDSU shut out Valpo and I think the score was 63-0. I recall that the Valpo coach, in the post-game press conference, vowed he'd never schedule a scholarship program again.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                Butler is in the Pioneer League...conference mate of Valpo. D1 no scholarships.

The last time we hosted a Pioneer League football opponent was 05-06 when we beat Valpo 69-6. I think the year before, NDSU shut out Valpo and I think the score was 63-0. I recall that the Valpo coach, in the post-game press conference, vowed he'd never schedule a scholarship program again.
                Valpo and nearly everyone in the Pioneer League have great BB programs. I noticed Bulter took Valpo 56-17 in fb last season, so Valpo is still struggling in FB but gave MSU a good fight today in bb. So we can never tell. I glad we chose the defending champ for a game. It could be close.

Comment

Star Trib Gopher beat writer just tweeted that the Gophers are dropping the 2015 Jacks game , and that TCU is taking on the game as part of a Gopher -TCU agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    Star Trib Gopher beat writer just tweeted that the Gophers are dropping the 2015 Jacks game , and that TCU is taking on the game as part of a Gopher -TCU agreement.
                    Is TCU taking on the game with us or are they taking on the buyout?
                    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

• On Sept. 5, 2015, TCU will play the Gophers at TCF Bank Stadium, and the Gophers won’t pay anything. In fact, Minnesota was previously scheduled to play South Dakota State on that date, but TCU agreed to take over that contract, which includes a $400,000 buyout for which Minnesota is no longer responsible.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/go...206443331.html

Comment

Is there a downside to this? $400,000 in the bank. Now can schedule another game. Here's an idea, take some of that $400,000 and make sure we have a 6th home game.

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I don't think TCU has bought out the game...just not yet. Correct?

Comment

I wouldn't think a contract like this would be written such that it could be sold from one host school to another, but the devil's in the details.

My best guess is that Minny and TCU just agreed that TCU would fork over the buyout of SDSU from Minny's contract.

TCU and SDSU would (and always have been) free to negotiate a game between them, but that would be separate and distinct from the SDSU-Minny contract.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                              Is there a downside to this? $400,000 in the bank. Now can schedule another game. Here's an idea, take some of that $400,000 and make sure we have a 6th home game. SUPERBUNNY
                              Only downside is for people like me who are from MN and are Gopher fans. Looks like it could be a positive for SDSU.
                              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

According to TV we are going to be playing TCU in 2015, this is good and bad. IMO, TCU is better than the Gophers so it lessens our chances of an upset, however this could be our chance for a Top 25 upset.

Comment

Working...
                                X