Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: YSU game day thread

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    So you're saying he'd have run up the score under the same mentality in the situation Stig was in, and you are okay with that?
    I would think he would just run the ball up the middle, but I was talking about Schianos mentality in general
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
      So you're saying he'd have run up the score under the same mentality in the situation Stig was in, and you are okay with that?
      If you have a back ala dom clare who won't see much action altought worked his butt off. If that means late in the year he can get in the scoring column just once and assuming the other coach knows its a senior. I would assume they pay attention for the most part to why or why not a coach would do things. And if stig wanted a guy to get the crowd to cheer for him. Regardless the score I would support it 100%. With out s senior running back its not something we have to worry about this year.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Agree with most of the comments here. Completely dominated the first half, in pretty much ways possible.

Second half... we stopped them 3 and out, and scored in one play.

Hard not to have a "letdown" at that point. at 41-7... you've just been talked to at halftime about "not letting up" and then you come out and score again.

It's human nature. You lose your "edge" a bit. Had this happen many times (coaching bb, but still)

Game was never really in doubt.

SIU will be a HUGE test next Sat. HUGE. They are playing real well.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          I would second the "Good Job, Stig. I dont know if you caught TV blog and the video of Coach Wofford YSU coach. The one press guy was having trouble with the pronoucation of Stig full name, and Wofford corrected him and followed up with the comment that he had a lot of respect for Coach Stigelmeier. My guess Coach Stig might never have watch this video, but this is true to his character of wanting to win, but never by a wide margin unless its unavoidable. This time it was avoidable by taking the knee.
          Clearly the classy and good sportsmanship thing to do. The game was over and absolutely no reason to try and punch in a late TD proving nothing. That's why Coach Stig is so well respected around the football conference. Great job Coach Stig.

GBGBGJ

Comment

It's good to go back home sometimes.
            My thoughts on the weekend that was known as Hobo Day 2012
            http://t.co/y49luEol

Comment

Working...
            X