Game day uni

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game day uni

What is it with this team and second year QBs? Why does it seem they regress? They tear it up as RSFM then stink.

Comment

3 turnovers I believe.

Interception to open game, fumble in the third quarter, and turnover on downs at the end.

Comment

I stopped watching but checking ESPN it shows UNI 27, SDSU 6

Comment

The conference seems to be a really well-balanced,competitive league. As bad as the Jacks looked,if they can win the 2 home games,and go 1-1 on the road,they would be a lock for the playoffs. After looking at the results from today,next week's game with YSU doesn't look as intimidating but the game at SIU will be a tough one.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            I stopped watching but checking ESPN it shows UNI 27, SDSU 6
            Yes, 27-6. Sorry. Wishful thinking, I guess.
            Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Last week, every favored team (may not be such a thing in the MVFC) lost except SDSU. Favorites losing again this week? So far, with five minutes in the half NDSU all over USD 26-O. Maybe NDSU will be this week's exception.

Comment

Time to re-group Jackrabbit family. You win some and you lose some. Suck it up time

Comment

We will now be tied for first in the conference.

Comment

Ugly game for the Jacks. How many times have we said that this year (is it 4 now?). Those may have worked out earlier in the season but they are not going to cut it the next 3 weeks. I hope we can find a way to get 3 more wins but that is going to take something special.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                      It's final. UNI 27-SDSU 6. No offense.

Can anybody tell me how many turnovers we had...and break them down? I'm not sure I really want to know, but I'm asking.
                      I've heard coach stig say several times that if we continue to make mistakes it will cost us a game and it did. One turnover was a wide rec falling down on one of our famous passes to the flats. Another should have NOT been a turnover as our rec was in my humble opinion down on the play. The third was a turnover on downs laste in teh game which was meaningless. Another fake punt that we had absolutely NO ONE staying home. It was in a situation where a fake punt was a good possibility.

A really frustrating game to watch. Couple of dropped passes and a ball or two that was poorly thrown. All that said UNI was clearly the better team today.

Hopefully we can bounce back next week? Hobo Day may just be coming at the right time this year. We need to forget about this one and move on. Still tied for the conference lead and playoffs are still in the picture.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Not sure if the coaches or players need it more but we got punched in the face by a team that we should have been able to compete with but we were mentally good enough to win the game. Dropped passed costly turn overs. Same old story. An ugly effort and this time we didn't luck out. I have faith after this game that either we straight it out and get to the playoffs. The alternative is the team tucks tail and folds against a hard finish to the year and leaves us guessing again what could have been. All things considered if you told me what our record was and how many issues we have had to go with steller D and nations best running back I would take it in a heart beat.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

One of the toughest games to watch in a long time. Our lack of a passing game finally caught up with us. Can someone explain to me how we have zero pass offense?

Comment

Okay, I took a step back from the frustrating loss and here are my thoughts:

UNI won this game by taking control of it with two early TDs. The Jacks ran all over UNI early on in a couple long, time consuming drives, but they ended up only scoring 3 points out of the deal. Eventually, the deficit forced us away from the running game, and we can see where that led us. More than the turnovers even, I felt our inability to finish drives was going to cost us, and that was so today.

On the opposing side, I give UNI's offense a ton of credit in this game, much more than I give blame to the Jacks defense. They converted third down after third down and their receivers made some great plays throughout the game against good coverage. They executed their game plan nearly flawlessly, and in turn, made the Jacks defense look worse than they actually are. I think we'll be fine on that side of the ball.

On offense, running game was good like usual, but the pass game was terrible and, as I eluded to earlier, drives stalled all night due to dropped passes, penalties, sacks, and poor execution on 3rd downs.

Our receivers need to step it up big time! Sumner has struggled this year, but the receiving crew has been a huge disappointment as well, particularly in this game. Falling down on routes, dropped passes, fumbles, penalties, not getting separation from the defenders, the whole shebang was on display today. This needs to get fixed if we want to be a playoff team.
                            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                            - Steven Wright

Comment

This should also go to prove why we need to keep a real grass field. Fake grass and turfs have never been good to sdsu.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

In the immortal words of Dennis Green tweaked just a bit, "We are who they thought we were!" Ugh. Running game good, special teams ok, defense ok, but passing game really is not dynamic at all.

At the end of half with the ball at the 10 and 7 seconds on the clock and timeout left we throw a 2 yard pass? Isn't that almost as bad as when TOB took a knee? There needs to be some field awareness. Maybe everyone was covered but he needs to still throw it somewhere where only a Jack has a chance to get it AND IN THE END ZONE. Thank goodness he went out or we wouldn't have gotten the field goal. That's just one example. Just seem to have no desire to go down the field and keep settling for 2 yard swing passes which one was picked again today.

I'm still optimistic because we play really solid D and run the ball very well. If we want to get to the playoffs we need to get better on passing and special teams.

My optimism for playoffs was huge coming in to this game. Now not so much. Maybe this loss will give them a spark to turn it around. Don't know what else to say.

SUPERBUNNY
                                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X