Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mike Shoff

Originally posted by JackItUp78 View Post
    I hope Sumner was exaggerating by 10-15lbs. 325 is big coming in as a freshman. I know he is a stud wrestler and all, so he probably has really good control on his weight but thats a lot of lbs from the time he wrestled heavyweight at what under 275lbs? I dont know much about wrestling but that would be at least 50lbs since he last wrestled.
    I saw some video of him wrestling and he looked like he could definitely get bigger in his lower half. I am guessing a lot of weight was put on there.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
      Of course you can get away with it. But why would you want to waste a year of eligibility to play a kid at a position that he isn't physically suited for? Those measurements are tailor-made offensive tackle numbers. There's a reason why OL genuinely get shorter as you work your way in.
      sacrifices rabbitobsessed. If our d tackles come out this year and get slammed back again, then we'll have to recruit this young man for the job. I'm guessing that he would certainly hold his own in the trenches no matter what side he's on

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        Of course you can get away with it. But why would you want to waste a year of eligibility to play a kid at a position that he isn't physically suited for? Those measurements are tailor-made offensive tackle numbers. There's a reason why OL genuinely get shorter as you work your way in.
        I know if he was playing on offense he'd be the perfect size to play OT but could his size help out at DT? Having the short C and G's block him could be a leverage problem but since he wrestled maybe he uses leverage really well for his size. I know the offense like shorter players in the middle so the QB can see down the field but couldn't a mountain of a man at DT block some of those sight lines? I just hope he doesn't get chop blocked and injured if they are trying to get him down so the QB can see.

Comment

Well this was my theory and it's assuming he's actually good at d tackle haha So we use him this year at d tackle because we're lacking a good big tackle and also because we already have good offensive tackles. Next year when fick graduates, we can move schoff back to O tackle for his sophmore year. Leaving us empty at d tackle once again Mainly the benefit is that he helps us this year in the defensive line. Thats all i'm really trying to say

Comment

Although I agree that 6'6" is tall for a DT, I would not say its WAY too tall for a DT. Just looked online and their are 50+ DT in the NFL that are 6'3" plus. Suh, Fairley are both 6'4" a few 6'7" and 6'8" guys. When they are taller however they better have concentrated upper body muscle because of the center of gravity aspect. If you are strong enough though, that wont matter because being larger you should have the added luxury of throwing people around. I think he should stay at OT though, Zenner/Gandy will have a freeway to run through for the next 3 years.

Comment

Working...
            X