Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2012 Schedule

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
    I sure hope we have six home games in a year in the near future. A buddy crunched some numbers taking into account gate revenues, travel costs, FBS payouts, etc. and came to a startling realization: sixth home game is a good idea even when we have to pay cupcakes to come play here.
    I think that is something that assuming we get a new stadium, this will have to happen. If you have a new place to play, you better do everything in your power to get people to come to as many games as possible and having a 6th home game would surely help. I think that if we play a FBS pay day school for the year, we also bring in a cupcake to even things out. If we dont play a FBS, we should try to find even peers from the big sky, southland, CAA to make some home and home series with.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Wondering why the UC-Davis game is a 2 pm kick. Would prefer that be a 6 pm game.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Glad to hear Stig in the argus talk about wanting to get more home games and get some good games. I know that is a tough thing to do, but I like hear that better then the mind set we will play anybody any where. Sure I know if you want to be the best you have to beat the best, but my guess is most of the teams that advanced into the playoffs play more home games then road games every year. I just think with wanting a new stadium, we are doing ourselves a disservice if we do not get 6 games a year. Would love to see more then 1 home game in Sept eventually too. I didnt notice, what does it look like for pheasant opener?
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

The description in the GoJacks about the schedule makes it sound as though this is a one-n-done with UC-Davis, as there is no mention of return game. I'll contrast that with the SELA game discussion.

On the SELA game, if I'm still here in New Orleans, I look forward to welcoming many of you down for the game. Also assumes no hurricane strikes.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            Glad to hear Stig in the argus talk about wanting to get more home games and get some good games. I know that is a tough thing to do, but I like hear that better then the mind set we will play anybody any where. Sure I know if you want to be the best you have to beat the best, but my guess is most of the teams that advanced into the playoffs play more home games then road games every year. I just think with wanting a new stadium, we are doing ourselves a disservice if we do not get 6 games a year. Would love to see more then 1 home game in Sept eventually too. I didnt notice, what does it look like for pheasant opener?
            Pheasant opener is always the 3rd Saturday in October, that will be the 20th this year and the Jackrabbits will be at UNI.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              Pheasant opener is always the 3rd Saturday in October, that will be the 20th this year and the Jackrabbits will be at UNI.
              Thanks I dont hunt but knew it was around the middle of the month. thanks. Glad to see its a road game.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                The description in the GoJacks about the schedule makes it sound as though this is a one-n-done with UC-Davis, as there is no mention of return game. I'll contrast that with the SELA game discussion.

On the SELA game, if I'm still here in New Orleans, I look forward to welcoming many of you down for the game. Also assumes no hurricane strikes.
                TV also stated in his article in the Argus today that the UC Davis game is one-and-done. You can read the rest of it here.

Comment

The three non-conference foes were a combined 9-25 in 2011. Davis lost to USD, SE Louisiana was kablasterficated by Sam Houston, Kansas ended with a 10-game losing streak.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                    The three non-conference foes were a combined 9-25 in 2011. Davis lost to USD, SE Louisiana was kablasterficated by Sam Houston, Kansas ended with a 10-game losing streak.
                    I have a feeling KU is going to be a tad bit better than they were the last two seasons. I have been following their offseason closely and can say that with some certainty.
                    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

I have a feeling KU is going to be a tad bit better than they were the last two seasons. I have been following their offseason closely and can say that with some certainty.
                      A tad bit better still wouldn't be all that great.....I'm just sayin'
                      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                        A tad bit better still wouldn't be all that great.....I'm just sayin'
                        I was being sarcastic. I have a feeling they will be much improved. Hard not be given the teams they fielded the last two years.

Comment

I was being sarcastic. I have a feeling they will be much improved. Hard not be given the teams they fielded the last two years.
                          Are they getting new players? Because their lack of speed was what killed them in conference.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                            Are they getting new players? Because their lack of speed was what killed them in conference.
                            Their lack of discipline, poor conditioning, and inability to play anything that resembled defense killed them. They've received verbals from some jucos and transfers who have the opportunity to contribute immediately. I'd be incredibly amazed if they are even close to as bad as they were last year.

Comment

Twins play in Kansas City the weekend of the KU game. I now know what I'll be doing Friday night.
                              @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                              --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                                Twins play in Kansas City the weekend of the KU game. I now know what I'll be doing Friday night.

Watching the Twins get beat?

Comment

Working...
                                X