2012 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Schedule

People have been asking. You can find the preliminary schedule on page 85 of the media guide linked at gojacks.com:

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...53&SPSID=64628

Sep 1 at Kansas
    Sep 8 at SELA
    Sep 15 OPEN
    Sep 22 at Ind St
    Sep 29 Miss. St HOME
    Oct 6 Open
    Oct 13 WIU Home
    Oct 20 at UNI
    Oct 27 YSU HOME
    Nov 3 at SIU
    Nov 10 at NDSU
    Nov 17 USD HOME

So 10 games scheduled, 4 at home and 6 on the road. I assume its an 11 game season again. That means one more at home on the 15 or the 6th of October. I'd sure prefer the 15th to break up the 3 game road trip.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: 2012 Schedule

Can somebody remind me when SELA will be making a return trip? I don't like having a road non-conference game, but at least it's a very winnable one against a pretty weak team. Doesn't Cal Poly owe us a couple of return trips or am I imagining that we signed a 2-for-1 with them? I can't remember.

NDSU is at Colorado State on September 8, so maybe we can entice a St. Francis or Austin Peay or Central Connecticut to visit us instead of them that weekend. Remember, playoffs are the goal. You go 2-1 in the non-conference schedule and it just that much easier to get to 7.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
      Can somebody remind me when SELA will be making a return trip? I don't like having a road non-conference game, but at least it's a very winnable one against a pretty weak team. Doesn't Cal Poly owe us a couple of return trips or am I imagining that we signed a 2-for-1 with them? I can't remember.

NDSU is at Colorado State on September 8, so maybe we can entice a St. Francis or Austin Peay or Central Connecticut to visit us instead of them that weekend. Remember, playoffs are the goal. You go 2-1 in the non-conference schedule and it just that much easier to get to 7.
      Not sure about SELA, but Cal Poly signed an agreement to come to SDSU for two games with only one game there. They were desperate for a home game this year. I think it's a good agreement for the Jacks.
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        People have been asking. You can find the preliminary schedule on page 85 of the media guide linked at gojacks.com:

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...53&SPSID=64628

Sep 1 at Kansas
        Sep 8 at SELA
        Sep 15 OPEN
        Sep 22 at Ind St
        Sep 29 Miss. St HOME
        Oct 6 Open
        Oct 13 WIU Home
        Oct 20 at UNI
        Oct 27 YSU HOME
        Nov 3 at SIU
        Nov 10 at NDSU
        Nov 17 USD HOME

So 10 games scheduled, 4 at home and 6 on the road. I assume its an 11 game season again. That means one more at home on the 15 or the 6th of October. I'd sure prefer the 15th to break up the 3 game road trip.
        If the Jacks can get a winnable game on the 15th, they could start out the season 4-1 before the BYE week if they played decent. This would be huge for their playoff chances. Let's see if Rob can get it done.
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

If you read the last line under "the series" it says we don't play them again until Sept. 6 2014

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=205271202

Comment

We are at ND and have SELA at home in 2013. Just need one more game that year I think.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              We are at ND and have SELA at home in 2013. Just need one more game that year I think.
              Don't we play at Mizzou in 2013 as well? If so, and if we play at UND and hose SELA, that schedule should be complete unless it is a 12 game season type of year.
              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                Not sure about SELA, but Cal Poly signed an agreement to come to SDSU for two games with only one game there. They were desperate for a home game this year. I think it's a good agreement for the Jacks.
                I agree. Getting Cal Poly at home twice is a good deal. It's a team people know and will draw more fans. And it is a winnable game. Beats the heck out of traveling halfway across the country to play them.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                  Don't we play at Mizzou in 2013 as well? If so, and if we play at UND and hose SELA, that schedule should be complete unless it is a 12 game season type of year.
                  We are at Nebraska that year and I believe 12 games are allowed in 2013 and 2014. So, we will probably have 1 more home game and it will likely be the end of August to open the season. I might be wrong though.

Missouri is 2014 and I think that is a 12 game season too. Don't quote me on any of that.

Comment

According to Jackrabbit Nation on Facebook, 2012 football schedule will be announced tomorrow on facebook and twitter at 9 am. First home game is against a team from west of Mississippi River. Only hint they gave, but looks like it will be a home game on Sept. 15.
                    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                      According to Jackrabbit Nation on Facebook, 2012 football schedule will be announced tomorrow on facebook and twitter at 9 am. First home game is against a team from west of Mississippi River. Only hint they gave, but looks like it will be a home game on Sept. 15.

I'm going to guess Idaho State. Complete guess though.

Comment

Cal Poly owes us 2 home games. That is my guess.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                          Cal Poly owes us 2 home games. That is my guess.
                          What NorCal said. Bring on the "Big Sky's Mustangs"!

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised to see a new home/home with another of the Southland schools. I can only dream that we'd luck out and buy in a SWAC team. Been quite a while since our other "ex-NCC" mate, UNC came to Coughlin.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                              I wouldn't be surprised to see a new home/home with another of the Southland schools. I can only dream that we'd luck out and buy in a SWAC team. Been quite a while since our other "ex-NCC" mate, UNC came to Coughlin.
                              Someone willing to post on this site? No facebook for me.... Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X