Clear All

Re: 2012 Schedule

Its UC Davis - Sept. 15

EDIT: Full Schedule

Sept. 1 at Kansas TBA
    Sept. 8 at Southeastern Louisiana TBA
    Sept. 15 UC DAVIS (Cereal Bowl) 2 p.m.
    ... Sept. 22 at Indiana State TBA
    Sept. 29 MISSOURI STATE (Beef Bowl) 6p.m.
    Oct. 6 Open
    Oct. 13 WESTERN ILLINOIS (Hall of Fame Game) 6 p.m.
    Oct. 20 at Northern Iowa TBA
    Oct. 27 YOUNGSTOWN STATE (Hobo Day) 2p.m.
    Nov. 3 at Southern Illinois TBA
    Nov. 10 at North Dakota State TBA
    Nov. 17 SOUTH DAKOTA 2 p.m.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Sept. 1 at Kansas TBA
      Sept. 8 at Southeastern Louisiana TBA
      Sept. 15 UC DAVIS (Cereal Bowl) 2 p.m.
      ... Sept. 22 at Indiana State TBA
      Sept. 29 MISSOURI STATE (Beef Bowl) 6p.m.
      Oct. 6 Open
      Oct. 13 WESTERN ILLINOIS (Hall of Fame Game) 6 p.m.
      Oct. 20 at Northern Iowa TBA
      Oct. 27 YOUNGSTOWN STATE (Hobo Day) 2p.m.
      Nov. 3 at Southern Illinois TBA
      Nov. 10 at North Dakota State TBA
      Nov. 17 SOUTH DAKOTA 2 p.m.

Comment

Good to see the open week in the middle of the season,rather than at the beginning or the end. Should give the chance to get ready for the bulk of the conference schedule.

Comment

SDSU could easily start out 5-1 before heading down to Northern Iowa. That Indiana St. game will be huge.
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
            SDSU could easily start out 5-1 before heading down to Northern Iowa. That Indiana St. game will be huge.
            So you are counting the Indiana State game as the one loss?
            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
              Cal Poly owes us 2 home games. That is my guess.
              We don't play Cal Poly again until 2014

Comment

Any insight into why the UC Davis game is an afternoon game? To allow UC Davis to fly home Saturday? Or am I missing something obvious?
                @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Just a quick evaluation here. And yes, i realize it is way too early to suggest prognosticate, but I can't help myself.

To make the playoffs, we will have to win all five at home, which seems plausible. We have the lower end of the conference coming to CAS.

Meaning, we need to pick up at least two if not three on the road...that may be difficult.
                  LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                    Any insight into why the UC Davis game is an afternoon game? To allow UC Davis to fly home Saturday? Or am I missing something obvious?
                    Very good question. My guess is to get UC Davis home earlier but you wouldn't think we'd agree to that. Maybe it was part of the negotiations of us getting the home date?

Also - does anyone know if this is a return game for another time we've got out there. Or is this a new home-and-home?

Comment

I know there is a lot to consider when making a schedule, bugdet, home games, difficulty of schedule etc....I would love to see that our attendance only goes up in the next year or 2 allowing for more income from home games and with the new stadium coming hopefully sooner then later, that we can host atleast 6 games a year. I know we probably will never get 7 home games due to out of confence games, but getting to the point where we can host 6 games a year I think would be the focus for scheduling which would really increase our chances of making the playoffs again. Maybe have a FBS pay game every other year and an extra home game the other years. I honestly feel that if we cant get 6 home games some years, we are going to be looking on the outside looking in for the playoffs.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Goon throws out a great point. I wonder what an FBS payout would be compaired to 1 extra home game. Anyone care to take a shot??

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                          A very good question for which I dont have answer except as best I can recall, UC Davis has been an afternoon game. I trying to think when the last time we played. 2004? The one game in Sioux Falls was day time as was a home and home series just before we left D2.

Comment

I sure hope we have six home games in a year in the near future. A buddy crunched some numbers taking into account gate revenues, travel costs, FBS payouts, etc. and came to a startling realization: sixth home game is a good idea even when we have to pay cupcakes to come play here.
                            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

How big a factor is playing a BCS game every year in recruiting?
                              USD Fan

Comment

remember Davis is in California which is two hours behind Brookings, so if they come in a day before the game their little head clocks won't be used to the time change hopefully meaning they will be a little sluggish and groggy from having to get up two hours earlier on game day.

Comment

Working...
                                X