Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Time for a change?

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
    Just an observation,it seems Jake Steffen hasn't been mentioned too much.The man is a beast.A couple times he got in and narrowly missed a sack on Scheelhaase (sp) before he took off on a romp downfield.I garuantee he would have gone down if he'd of gotten a good grip on him,unlike the others who he made miss with ease.While reading the article on the Yotes win against EWU, they mentioned how they prepared extensively for this game to disrupt the comfort factor of the EWU QB.They mentioned how they played thier DE (?) (Star I think his name is) at every position on the DL to keep them guessing where he was at during the game.I was wondering if something like this might work for Jake and the jackrabbits too?They also tried to force EWU's QB to move in the direction away from his throwing arm,as they determined he wasn't as effective at throwing when he went that way.Also maybe something we could keep in mind if it helps to disrupt the oppositions QB.
    Will see how the yotes fare against Wisconsin. Hope they move their DEnd around that game also and watch him get his a$$ kicked.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
      I guess TOB will have to play better at Cal-Poly or we will hear Coach say that "he has to play better" against Ill. State.
      Agreed,at some point in time,"he will have to play better".

Comment

The thing that bothers me the most about all of this is that there is no responsiblity taken on behalf of TOB for the way he played. In Sunday's paper it says we didnt do the things we needed to in order to win the game. As a quarterback he has never mentioned he didnt play well enough for the team to win and to me it all starts with quarterback play. TOB is so afraid in the pocket that he stares down the one receiver that he wants to go to every single play. When Sumner came into the game he looked off the receiver he was going to 2 out of 3 times. How long is it going to take to pull someone that just is not producing like they should? Coach said at the beginning of the year that there was going to be a short leash so why not make the switch? In all honesty how bad could it hurt that they would try someone new? People dont wanna hear that Sumner is the savior and all of that and that is fine but the Jacks better be hoping that someone is becasue they are not going to get it done with TOB. Maybe the reason they dont open up the playbook is because of the fact they dont have the confidence in TOB to make the passes but yet still dont make a change. I seen numerous times in both of the first two games TOB throwing off of his back foot or jumping in the air to make a throw. I would say probably 50% or more of his passes are horrible not even close to where a receiver can make a play. Its time for a change whether he is a junior or not becasue he has not performed like a Division 1 football quarterback!

Comment

Don't watch the Jacks very often (& cheer for them even less), but still remember watching the playoff game against Montana a couple of years ago and being impressed by the play of the Jacks for the majority of the game, but even early in that game, I was surprised by how poorly O'Brien looked at QB (couldn't help but compare him to Noah Sheppard, who I saw play for the Yotes several times). The chance for the Rabbits to get a signature win over the Griz (& who knows how deep of a playoff run they make) doesn't all fall on O'Brien, but with a better QB, it could have been a magical run.
          USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            Here is TV take on the ILL game and a quote from Coach stig

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...ws|text|Sports

"He's No. 2," coach John Stiegelmeier said of the 6-foot-5 Sumner. "It was a point in the game where we were doing that with a lot of players, so there's no vision there. Thomas needs to play better. (Offensive lineman) Zach Buchner needs to play better. (Linebacker) Mike Lien needs to play better. You could say we have a controversy at all positions."

I guess we got our answer about a change coming. I am with the coach on this one and what I know about the game would not fill a baby's shoe.

IMO, if this is Coach's feelings then he is not "ALL IN." I believe this was his mantra or motto to start the season, well is he really all in to making this a better team? As long as he doesn't give someone else a shot I believe he is not all in. Ask this question, if a DB gets beat for 2 touchdowns game after game don't you think they are going to pull them and go to the backup? Hard to know what your backup can do if you never put him on the field.

Comment

rabbits64: "...As much as it pains me to say it, Yotes are moving ahead of the Jacks right now...... how well does that thought stick in your gut right now Jack fans?"

Message from JackJD with clumsy fingers: OH, OH, I intended to hit "quote" so I could reply but by accident I edited rabbits64's post. rabbits64, I apologize. I agreed with what you were saying except for the final part which is quoted above...but, good food for thought.
              Last edited by JackJD; 09-12-2011, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Why are the coaches so worried about putting Sumner in? From what I heard through fall ball and camp is that he pretty much outperformed TOB in regards to interceptions thrown accuracy looking off receievers etc....Sumner has proved himself in high school football and from what it looks like has the talent to do the same in college. He is going to be responsible and say yah I didnt do the things I needed for us to win where TOB puts it on the team. As a quarterback you have to be the one to say yah its on me and TOB has not said that a single time yet. SDSU has to be one of the most boring teams to watch in all my life. I truly believe they have limitations with TOB that is why the play calling is so horrible. And if that is the case I think it is time that Stig's quits favoring the upperclassmen and make a change.

Comment

TOB as starter should be determined by Cal Poly in my opinion.After all ,he led the team to 1-0 vs FCS competition.(He can thx Kool for that).The whole team that game was hot or cold,big lead,then watched it disappear .But, it was a win.I for one would like TOB to turn it all around,I hope he succeeds, i don't wish for anyone to fail.No one wants to be negative about the program,but no one individual is more important than seeing the football program at SDSU succeed..I think he dserves the chance,at least until there is a total meltdown,then he must step aside.Hopefully he's 20- 30 or something for 200+ yards and all this controversy will disappear.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                    TOB as starter should be determined by Cal Poly in my opinion.After all ,he led the team to 1-0 vs FCS competition.(He can thx Kool for that).The whole team that game was hot or cold,big lead,then watched it disappear .But, it was a win.I for one would like TOB to turn it all around,I hope he succeeds, i don't wish for anyone to fail.No one wants to be negative about the program,but no one individual is more important than seeing the football program at SDSU succeed..I think he dserves the chance,at least until there is a total meltdown,then he must step aside.Hopefully he's 20- 30 or something for 200+ yards and all this controversy will disappear.
                    How bout this scary scenario-If TOB continues to start and has decent stats by the time he is finished he will be the all time passing leader in SDSU history. Go ahead and get your vomit bags out!

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
                      How bout this scary scenario-If TOB continues to start and has decent stats by the time he is finished he will be the all time passing leader in SDSU history. Go ahead and get your vomit bags out!
                      OR he could continue his INT at two per game and end with a season high of 22 int's. It would break last years total of 15. Surely I jest.

Comment

I'm ready for a change whenever the rest of you are.

Saturday was a very painful day.

Sumner should have been put into the game much sooner than he was. He looked confident out there. I don't care if it was the third string he was up against. Never know what you have until you try it.

As others have mentioned, TOB is apparently good in practice. But as Allen Iverson would say, "we're talkin' 'bout practice."

In conclusion, I wish I would have been a fly on the wall of our lockerroom at half time.
                        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

I'm OK with a QB change, but the concept stated by several on here that the only reason Sumner hasn't started already is some sort of loyalty to an upperclassman is bogus. D. Claire is a 5th year senior is a guy that coaches have raved about his work ethic etc. for his entire career here, and he has barely sniffed the field, behind a junior (Kool), Freshman (Zenner), and Sophmore (Winterbauer). TOB has started to this point because the coaches feel he gives them the best chance to win. They may not feel as strongly about that now.

Comment

Disapointing when you watch the press conference the lack of taking responsibilty by TOB. I know taking questions about you and your teams performance is not fun, but comes with the territory. I thought Skylar Luxa showed much more sincerity.

Comment

Originally posted by HoboJack View Post
                              I'm OK with a QB change, but the concept stated by several on here that the only reason Sumner hasn't started already is some sort of loyalty to an upperclassman is bogus. D. Claire is a 5th year senior is a guy that coaches have raved about his work ethic etc. for his entire career here, and he has barely sniffed the field, behind a junior (Kool), Freshman (Zenner), and Sophmore (Winterbauer). TOB has started to this point because the coaches feel he gives them the best chance to win. They may not feel as strongly about that now.
                              This
                              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                              -Leo Rosten

Comment

This thread makes me sick. I'm all for debate, but this is ridiculous.

Reading through this thread, I'm embarrassed to be a Jackrabbit fan.

We lost to Illinois. EVERYONE except the punter played like horse crap.

This thread is complete garbage.
                                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                                X