Illinois GDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Illinois GDT

I'm pretty excited to see Sumner throw 45 swing passes, outs and slants later this year!
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by Jackbacker123 View Post
      We can blame the play calling all we want but for people not to put blame on TOB as well is ridiculous. He looks scared, he continues to stare down receivers, he is inaccurate and the passes he does complete are ususually because the receiver made an exceptional catch. Nothing personal against TOB but he is not the future of this program. Time to try Sumner, now.
      I agree. They need to pull him if only to allow him to regroup and get his head together. The defense has been missing far too many tackles too IMO.

Comment

And another pick by TOB. Sumner better be coming in on the next possession.

Comment

Announcer pretty much summed it up......"Quarterback Thomas O'Brien stared down his receiver once again."

He may be a great kid....but he obviously can't shake this problem. I'm sorry but it's time to make a change.

Comment

Originally posted by FeistyRedheadAZ View Post
            I agree. They need to pull him if only to allow him to regroup and get his head together. The defense has been missing far too many tackles too IMO.
            Many of us said the same last year, pull him for a series or two and let him regroup. The excuse last year is we were without a qualified backup. Well, that excuse is no longer valid with Sumner sitting at #2.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
              Announcer pretty much summed it up......"Quarterback Thomas O'Brien stared down his receiver once again."

He may be a great kid....but he obviously can't shake this problem. I'm sorry but it's time to make a change.
              Maybe not for the season, but certainly for this game. Time to get some experience for the newer team members.

Comment

I think we should pull our defense.

Comment

This is beginning to look a lot like the Nebraska game..... in 1963. And yet we continue going with TOB.

Comment

True or False? It Sumner plays this entire game, the score would be 49-49? I have to go with True.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                      Maybe not for the season, but certainly for this game. Time to get some experience for the newer team members.
                      If he can't shake staring down receivers, why not for the season......it's year three of the same thing....do we feel it will be different next year?

He obviously isn't the only problem this game....defense is not playing well, but they are beyond gassed at this point. Offense has to keep them off the field just a little bit and that isn't happening.

Comment

The one "good " situation has been the punting and coverage of the punt returns. Nothing big has been broken by the Illini. Nor has the kicks been short. Pleasing aspect. Unfortunately, WAY TO USED TODAY.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                          I think we should pull our defense.
                          Defense definitely isn't looking good today, but they look tired, with good reason. I don't even want to look at time-of-possession.
                          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                          - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                            Defense definitely isn't looking good today, but they look tired, with good reason. I don't even want to look at time-of-possession.
                            Surprisingly it's 26-20 in favor of the Illini.

Comment

Overall team speed obviously playing a factor in this. But why oh why has TOB stayed in the game. Illinios is playing their #2's and so should SDSU. Get some guys some looks. Might as well see what they look like against some competition.

At what point will SDSU run a play outside of the tackles?? Has it happened in the last five years, by design that is? Swing passes don't count for those of you with a sarcastic edge. And the downfield passing game is so point on that I don't see why we aren't winging it 15 times a game. Wait, what? You mean we haven't thrown a pass over 10 yards down field??? Shocker!!!

Re-group, save some legs, reduce the risk of injury and let some younger guys get some PT.
                              I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

I'm disappointed like everyone else. TOB is shook. Sumner would probably be shook too.

The last couple games against BCS teams we showed pretty well so maybe we are expecting more than we should. Illinois is clicking on all cylinders and that is something that Nebraska did not sniff doing last year.

We have to remember that we are tangling with a whole different animal this week than the normal. And that's the problem. We are there getting a check which we need. Sure, we are there to win the game too but let's be honest about the check part. I worry that this setup each year has potential to hurt our confidence more than help. The last two years it helped us though.

If the same problems continue next week against an equal opponent then I get an itchy finger to pull the QB and try something new. Yes, part is play calling, but a big part is the QB.

Thanks for the check Illimois! on to Cal-Poly!

SUPERBUNNY
                                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X